Home

Hate is a Strong Word... But it's Appropriate

This is a discussion on Hate is a Strong Word... But it's Appropriate within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2021, 02:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Hate is a Strong Word... But it's Appropriate

Recently saw a comment stating that it's wrong to express hatred or contempt for the EA UFC project managers and devs.

I completely disagree. EA is advertising a UFC simulation. This isn't marketed as a goofy NBA Jam style of game.

Yet, they have all sorts of goofball mechanics, exploits and all sorts of "features" that I have never seen anyone ask for.

In top of this, EA sells incomplete games and we basically need to hope that they patch it into something playable.

This has not happened for UFC 4. And they tell customers to "deal with it" or "play something else".

The practice of selling incomplete games is deplorable; being smug and happy with the current state of the game (after taking our money) is worthy of hate.

You all sold something you knew was incomplete (for full price) and don't listen to the masses when we point out flaws that need to be addressed in the name of fairness.

I hate people that steal money from me or trick me into buying something that doesn't live up to it's promise.

EA, in my humble opinion, has earned the hatred they receive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2021, 06:04 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Hate is a Strong Word... But it's Appropriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro_Guap
Recently saw a comment stating that it's wrong to express hatred or contempt for the EA UFC project managers and devs.

I completely disagree. EA is advertising a UFC simulation. This isn't marketed as a goofy NBA Jam style of game.

Yet, they have all sorts of goofball mechanics, exploits and all sorts of "features" that I have never seen anyone ask for.

In top of this, EA sells incomplete games and we basically need to hope that they patch it into something playable.

This has not happened for UFC 4. And they tell customers to "deal with it" or "play something else".

The practice of selling incomplete games is deplorable; being smug and happy with the current state of the game (after taking our money) is worthy of hate.

You all sold something you knew was incomplete (for full price) and don't listen to the masses when we point out flaws that need to be addressed in the name of fairness.

I hate people that steal money from me or trick me into buying something that doesn't live up to it's promise.

EA, in my humble opinion, has earned the hatred they receive.
Where are they advertising it as a simulation?

Keep in mind, I'd be looking for you to produce an actual piece of advertising that uses the word "simulation."

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Old 05-07-2021, 07:01 PM   #3
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
Where are they advertising it as a simulation?

Keep in mind, I'd be looking for you to produce an actual piece of advertising that uses the word "simulation."

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
He will likely use "its in the game".

Also, EA marketing has used the word "simulation" in past blogs for UFC 2 and I think maybe they did it once for 3.

With that said, claiming that you were "tricked" is ****ing laughable. Especially when it comes to 4. There was a beta. There was EA Access where people could try the game for 5 dollars. There were tons of impressions when the game came out. There were multiple people like me who flat out told everyone that this game was not a hardcore simulation and that the devs never planned to make it one.

People couldnt help themselves and bought the game anyway. I wouldnt be shocked if sales wise UFC 4 was the most successful version in the franchise (just a guess based on how happy the devs seemed with the numbers).

People want change but keep giving EA $60 as a reward everytime they release a game. Its time to look in the damn mirror.
Old 05-07-2021, 07:35 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
He will likely use "its in the game".

Also, EA marketing has used the word "simulation" in past blogs for UFC 2 and I think maybe they did it once for 3.

With that said, claiming that you were "tricked" is ****ing laughable. Especially when it comes to 4. There was a beta. There was EA Access where people could try the game for 5 dollars. There were tons of impressions when the game came out. There were multiple people like me who flat out told everyone that this game was not a hardcore simulation and that the devs never planned to make it one.

People couldnt help themselves and bought the game anyway. I wouldnt be shocked if sales wise UFC 4 was the most successful version in the franchise (just a guess based on how happy the devs seemed with the numbers).

People want change but keep giving EA $60 as a reward everytime they release a game. Its time to look in the damn mirror.

Dang it! You beat me to providing evidence of EA's snake oiling (by explicitly stating it was a sim to implying it it ads).

But thank you for that.

I will also admit that you are correct. I was the fool. I relied on patches to fix things. I had high hopes because the actual game was a significant improvement over the beta.

It will never happen again.

I can state this with confidence as there will be sports combat options going forward.
Old 05-07-2021, 08:44 PM   #5
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

You'll be back.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2021, 10:40 PM   #6
Pro

What I was actually saying is that it's pathetic and shallow-minded to think it's reasonable to hate video game developers for releasing a subpar game (in your opinion) when there are companies that have gotten people killed for profits. Whatever ill you think UFC devs have done is so low on the totem pole even within gaming companies, let alone all businesses.

Obviously you can critique developers but when you make immature and oblivious hyperboles like that nobody is going to take you seriously.
Old 05-07-2021, 11:47 PM   #7
Rookie

Yea I agree the game sucks, once you accept it, it’s easier to focus the few good things, its definitely the hardest mma game to enjoy that I’ve ever played, if I play more than 4-5 fights per day I’ll be burned out for weeks
Old 05-08-2021, 03:49 AM   #8
Rookie

Disappointed yes, but I don't feel cheated.

I expected much more from this game to be honest, especially it has disappointed me in everything that has to do with the creation CAFs, I was hopeful that thanks to a patch they would at least return to the state they were in UFC 3, with All the shortcomings of only being able to create 22, but that they could be edited completely, and that he could choose his clothes before the fights, but none of that has happened, and I honestly do not expect it anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »