Home

Ranked question?

This is a discussion on Ranked question? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2020, 02:21 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ranked question?

Why does online ranked only have lower weight classes?
Out of all of my matches, I've never played a single heavyweight or light heavyweight fight.
I've had an hour session of middleweight, a single hour session of welterweight, a couple lightweight, and the rest are always 145 and below (male and female).
Is there something I need to do to get more of a variation of weight classes?
I don't like constantly being in women's weight divisions that are pretty much empty, so my online play never last very long.
Is this just how it is or is there a way to kind of manipulate which weight classes you get?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2020, 03:12 PM   #2
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Re: Ranked question?

Same I only play ranked and I play a decent amount, have only seen middleweight, light heavyweight and heavyweight twice each.
Old 09-04-2020, 04:20 PM   #3
MVP

I've made this suggestion multiple times but the threads always get ignored.

Give us weight class schedules for content creators to know when to play, it will still disadvantage people who only try to use one character as they will not rack points at a good enough speed.

Also, make the weight class timing dependant on the roster size. I am tired of women's and men's flyweight, they are so small and offer little to no interesting matchups.
Old 09-04-2020, 05:07 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt

Give us weight class schedules for content creators to know when to play, it will still disadvantage people who only try to use one character as they will not rack points at a good enough speed.

Also, make the weight class timing dependant on the roster size. I am tired of women's and men's flyweight, they are so small and offer little to no interesting matchups.

This a thousand times. Im sorry EA but nobody gives a **** about playing any of the female weight classes and flyweight. Like can we please get to pick between 3 weight classes an hour or something.

This is one of the major reasons why ranked is dead atm. It’s almost impossible for me to find fights against anyone div 15 and above because people are bored of it already.

And why remove the bonuses to fighting with weaker characters. Now there is no point other than being at a disadvantage to pick lower rated guys. SMH

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-05-2020, 03:53 PM   #5
Rookie

Same!

I finally started wondering today if it was the same time schedule each day and I miss heavyweight, light heavyweight etc when I must be sleeping
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2020, 12:57 AM   #6
Rookie

SaucyJacky's Arena

The entire ranked debacle is just astounding. You can see your opponent's picks, they can back out, and the matchmaking between levels is crazy. Coming in as a level 3 against 57+ is unpalatable. You can't even exclude divisions. Why should I fight in a weightclass whose A-Z is the same as the top fighters? Pad out the division before putting it in the game...
Old 10-29-2020, 01:42 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucyJacky
The entire ranked debacle is just astounding. You can see your opponent's picks, they can back out, and the matchmaking between levels is crazy. Coming in as a level 3 against 57+ is unpalatable. You can't even exclude divisions. Why should I fight in a weightclass whose A-Z is the same as the top fighters? Pad out the division before putting it in the game...
Matchmaking between levels? The levels don't mean anything. That's just how much you play, not how good you are. You could be a purple level 99 from quick fights against the computer. The matchmaking in ranked is fixed now. It's based on division.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:54 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt

This is the real killer. I’ll fight at the smaller divisions but give us a roster. I don’t want to play divisions with only two viable fighters for an hour straight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »