Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2020, 02:15 AM   #1
Rookie
 
SouthernWarrior's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2020
avoiding takedowns in career mode

what is the solution? I'm constantly defending them, have 4.5 stars and still it constantly happens.are there sliders in this game?

this is so unrealistic for every fighter other than maybe Khabib. I dont know what to do.
__________________
Home of the MANIC METS Franchise.

Chaotic trades, crazy games, big bold moves. We play to win.
SouthernWarrior is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2020, 09:02 AM   #2
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2018
Re: avoiding takedowns in career mode

And what's the problem? With "defending them", do you mean you put the correct input but get taken down? Or is the problem the AI attempting them despite you defending them succesfully?


I'm having loads of problems myself with defending them, despite having 5*. It's one of the first things I upgrade and unless I predeny, I constantly get taken down. The response time is ridiculously low. Unless the AI attempts them on an empty stamina bar, I can't get the counters to trigger either. Makes sense, in a way, but it could be a 'little' easier imo.
Blackman316 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 03:03 AM   #3
Rookie
 
SouthernWarrior's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2020
Re: avoiding takedowns in career mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman316
And what's the problem? With "defending them", do you mean you put the correct input but get taken down? Or is the problem the AI attempting them despite you defending them succesfully?


I'm having loads of problems myself with defending them, despite having 5*. It's one of the first things I upgrade and unless I predeny, I constantly get taken down. The response time is ridiculously low. Unless the AI attempts them on an empty stamina bar, I can't get the counters to trigger either. Makes sense, in a way, but it could be a 'little' easier imo.

I spend 4 minutes on the ground after a takedown despite 4.5 * rating
__________________
Home of the MANIC METS Franchise.

Chaotic trades, crazy games, big bold moves. We play to win.
SouthernWarrior is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 11:46 AM   #4
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2016
Re: avoiding takedowns in career mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernWarrior
I spend 4 minutes on the ground after a takedown despite 4.5 * rating
You can have your way against any computer difficulty on the ground. Just wait for them to transition first (they will eventually) and deny it. Then getup.


Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Evil97 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 01:58 PM   #5
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2018
Re: avoiding takedowns in career mode

4.5* general? That doesnt matter. Just tkd defense to stop it (but that stat hardly seems to matter) and bottom skill.
Blackman316 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2020, 07:13 PM   #6
Rookie
 
Irish0331's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2016
Re: avoiding takedowns in career mode

If I'm not pre-denying, im getting taken down 99% of the time. I can't seem to do any of those cool takedown denial/reversal animations I've seen online either. I think I've sprawled twice since launch and it was accidental each time.
__________________
Leatherneck
Irish0331 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 03:48 AM   #7
Rookie
 
SouthernWarrior's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2020
Re: avoiding takedowns in career mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman316
4.5* general? That doesnt matter. Just tkd defense to stop it (but that stat hardly seems to matter) and bottom skill.

once I get taken down I have tremendous difficult getting up (and just expend and lose energy) for the rest of the round/4 minutes.. so what skill should I use to improve that? Is that bottom skill?
__________________
Home of the MANIC METS Franchise.

Chaotic trades, crazy games, big bold moves. We play to win.
SouthernWarrior is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 11:23 AM   #8
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2016
Re: avoiding takedowns in career mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernWarrior
once I get taken down I have tremendous difficult getting up (and just expend and lose energy) for the rest of the round/4 minutes.. so what skill should I use to improve that? Is that bottom skill?
I'm being completely honest, the skill you need to improve on is your ability to deny transitions. Stop trying to just push your way through or getup against the computer. Wait and deny their transition first. This will take their stamina and give you grapple advantage. Then move.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Evil97 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:22 PM.

Top -