Home

Are there any plans to fix these issues?

This is a discussion on Are there any plans to fix these issues? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2020, 11:56 AM   #1
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2016
Are there any plans to fix these issues?

1. Ground and pound inputs being absolutely terrible both in attacking and defending. Extra punches come out when youíre not throwing them and head movement just flat out doesnít work at times.

2. Being able to get up from guard and dive down again over and over is STILL not fixed.

3. Strikes after using head movement not registering. Seems to happen more when letting go of block to slip.

4. Strike tracking still being ridiculously off. Hooks, spinning backfists etc connecting when ducked and kicks missing when they should clearly connect.
ryangil23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2020, 07:36 PM   #2
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2016
Re: Are there any plans to fix these issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangil23
1. Ground and pound inputs being absolutely terrible both in attacking and defending. Extra punches come out when you’re not throwing them and head movement just flat out doesn’t work at times.

2. Being able to get up from guard and dive down again over and over is STILL not fixed.

3. Strikes after using head movement not registering. Seems to happen more when letting go of block to slip.

4. Strike tracking still being ridiculously off. Hooks, spinning backfists etc connecting when ducked and kicks missing when they should clearly connect.
1. There is a queue. So any extra strikes are because you queued them with more than one input. I'm not a fan of it because I will tend to mash a bit on impulse, but that's the way it is.

2. Up kick if they dive back down right away. If they wait to avoid the upkick, then stand up.

3. I would imagine that your block input is still lingering. Best you can do is clean up the input to guarantee that RT is completely out of the mix.

4. Absolutely. Agree completely.

Last edited by Evil97; 12-30-2020 at 07:38 PM.
Evil97 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 08:19 PM   #3
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2016
Re: Are there any plans to fix these issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
1. There is a queue. So any extra strikes are because you queued them with more than one input. I'm not a fan of it because I will tend to mash a bit on impulse, but that's the way it is.

2. Up kick if they dive back down right away. If they wait to avoid the upkick, then stand up.

3. I would imagine that your block input is still lingering. Best you can do is clean up the input to guarantee that RT is completely out of the mix.

4. Absolutely. Agree completely.
The problem with the ground and pound is you donít mash the buttons then it comes out so slow and you might get only 2 punches in before the opponent grabs you down again so youíre kinda forced to mash.

Regarding upkicks, I tried it. If Iím knocked down I can usually do it but thereís an exploit that people do from full guard postured up where they keep getting up then doing the dive back into guard again. Mashing the upkick doesnít work.

With the counters, itís hard to do it in real time against a live opponent, even more so against someone who is good and you donít get many openings to pull it off. Also even against lower skilled opponents who are more predictable itís still not 100% reliable. Iíve tried in practice mode to eliminate the factor of online delay and it still happens.
ryangil23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 09:27 PM   #4
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2016
Re: Are there any plans to fix these issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangil23
The problem with the ground and pound is you donít mash the buttons then it comes out so slow and you might get only 2 punches in before the opponent grabs you down again so youíre kinda forced to mash.

Regarding upkicks, I tried it. If Iím knocked down I can usually do it but thereís an exploit that people do from full guard postured up where they keep getting up then doing the dive back into guard again. Mashing the upkick doesnít work.

With the counters, itís hard to do it in real time against a live opponent, even more so against someone who is good and you donít get many openings to pull it off. Also even against lower skilled opponents who are more predictable itís still not 100% reliable. Iíve tried in practice mode to eliminate the factor of online delay and it still happens.
The ground and pound queue is definitely frustrating. You kind of have to do a calculated mash. Kind of like combos. I'm not a fan.

The stand up dive thing is not an exploit. I know exactly what you're talking about and you can avoid it easily once you get the hang of it. Every once in awhile some goof ball will try to cycle this on me but no way someone pulls this off on me repeatedly.

I believe you on your last point. I don't utilize blocking head movement much, so I might be less prone to have it happen. I have heard top guys also mention exactly what you are describing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Evil97 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 10:42 PM   #5
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2016
Re: Are there any plans to fix these issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
The ground and pound queue is definitely frustrating. You kind of have to do a calculated mash. Kind of like combos. I'm not a fan.

The stand up dive thing is not an exploit. I know exactly what you're talking about and you can avoid it easily once you get the hang of it. Every once in awhile some goof ball will try to cycle this on me but no way someone pulls this off on me repeatedly.

I believe you on your last point. I don't utilize blocking head movement much, so I might be less prone to have it happen. I have heard top guys also mention exactly what you are describing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
I had 1 player do the stand up dive thing and they were able to keep doing it before I could even get the upkick to come out so I wasnít even getting the time to be able to stand up. Maybe Iím missing something with it.

The head movement when defending ground and pound seems bugged as well. Sometimes you just canít move and there are times where itíll just zap your stamina while youíre stuck as well because youíve tried to move. Itís very, very unresponsive.

Inputs in general just feel way off. Like thereís either a delay or other inputs linger and cause the next one to be messed up.
ryangil23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2021, 01:53 AM   #6
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2017
Re: Are there any plans to fix these issues?

The pull counter not coming out is definitely you not releasing block fast enough. I struggled with it at first too. Just have to be very deliberate in letting go of R2 before touching the right stick. I had such a hard time I didnít even try the pull uppercut and just used the pull elbow (which comes out when block is held), but the range is really bad so the uppercut is almost always the better choice.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
RetractedMonkey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 10:00 AM   #7
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2016
Re: Are there any plans to fix these issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
The pull counter not coming out is definitely you not releasing block fast enough. I struggled with it at first too. Just have to be very deliberate in letting go of R2 before touching the right stick. I had such a hard time I didnít even try the pull uppercut and just used the pull elbow (which comes out when block is held), but the range is really bad so the uppercut is almost always the better choice.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yeah I was doing the same thing with the elbow but it obviously falls flat with the range or if the fighter doesnít even have an elbow. Iíve found that I basically need to commit to the counter more to predict whatís coming and let go early rather than holding block and trying to react as I see it.
ryangil23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 03:23 PM   #8
EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer
 
TapOrSnap's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 68
Re: Are there any plans to fix these issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangil23
1. Ground and pound inputs being absolutely terrible both in attacking and defending. Extra punches come out when youíre not throwing them and head movement just flat out doesnít work at times.

2. Being able to get up from guard and dive down again over and over is STILL not fixed.

3. Strikes after using head movement not registering. Seems to happen more when letting go of block to slip.

4. Strike tracking still being ridiculously off. Hooks, spinning backfists etc connecting when ducked and kicks missing when they should clearly connect.
Hi

1) We wanted to allow the player to queue inputs for the responses to be as quick as possible on the ground. We spent a lot of time going back and forth regarding the appropriate length for the queue. However if you need to cancel your queued up strikes you can do so by pulling the right trigger just like in standup.

2) This has been mentioned by other commenters. If your opponent is diving in they should be stopped by an up kick. I will have our folks take a look at the possible exploit on a getup from full guard postured.

3) As someone mentioned this is likely the strike being input while the block input is still lingering.

4) We have removed randomness from our game in order to give our players as much control as possible, however this means that when a strike is thrown there comes a point where we decide whether a strike will land or not. Usually this works out well but sometimes it means a punch tracks in a weird way or a kick that looks like it should land doesn't.

TLDR Block input clears ground and pound strike queue is the only really useful thing the dev wrote in his post.
TapOrSnap is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:50 AM.

Top -