Home

The AI Issue

This is a discussion on The AI Issue within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2021, 10:25 AM   #1
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
The AI Issue

Now before I go on my rant, I just wanna say the dev's have done a great overall job with the AI and the template styles it can use. However, whether you agree with me or not, there is one glaring issue the AI has...its striking and countering. For an offline player like me that's a realism junkie, this sux and I'm sure it does for some others as well.

The AI just has this psychic ability to read things and counter with the correct thing like 80% of the time. You start up a kick, they dash in with a quick intercepting strike. You go for a td, they throw a perfectly timed uppercut, ect. There are just too many situations where it's perfect and always choosing the right thing and that's NOT realistic. It also really kills immersion when striking with fighters that you know for a fact are not that good at striking and countering. Take Wanderlei Silva for example...fighting him on Hard is like fighting Mike Tyson smh. Dude is dodging left right perfect (even when gassed smh), ducking perfect, side stepping perfect, swaying and countering perfectly, when in real life, we all know Wanderlei was NOT that type of striker. The dude rarely countered and just chose to brawl instead. Now I'm not saying this type of AI is all bad, which brings me to my next point...

This kind of AI should be more for players who want a challenge. So imo, reserving this type of "psycic striking" AI for Pro difficulty and up would have been the correct move. Hard should be more true to realism, where the AI is striking more true to the fighter. So on Hard, I shouldn't see guys like Wanderlei doing tons of countering and perfect timed stuff. That type of thing I should see more against fighters like Izzy, Conor, Anderson Silva, ect. Hard should be a difficult true to realism. I know this probly won't get addressed at all in this game, but I'm asking Devs plz keep it in mind at least for the next game. That's it...rant over.

Last edited by WarMMA; 01-14-2021 at 10:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2021, 08:27 PM   #2
MVP

Re: The AI Issue

Things like this could be fixed with more sliders:

- Counter frequency
- Counter damage
- Accuracy
- Movement speed
- Combo v single strike frequency
- Vulnerability strength
- Head movement/evasion frequency (if not in already)
Old 01-15-2021, 07:36 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
Things like this could be fixed with more sliders:

- Counter frequency
- Counter damage
- Accuracy
- Movement speed
- Combo v single strike frequency
- Vulnerability strength
- Head movement/evasion frequency (if not in already)
I'm in favor of more sliders, but I really wish there was a way to set them up in the universal settings of the game and then be done with it.

It would be nice if there was a list of the fighters and you could customize them the way we do the red/blue corner in custom fight now. The catch being that it applies to that fighter specifically and it keeps it that way throughout all the modes.

Sliders are a great addition to the game but we need better options so we can just jump in and play instead of all the prep that goes into a gaming session.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2021, 08:52 AM   #4
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

I agree. The AI has an insane fortune telling ability.

Couple that with perfect distance and razor sharp counter striking i have to play on "Hard" for a more realistic experience. But, hard is too easy so I bump up to pro. Regardless of how i move the sliders around i get the that experience you're talking about.
Old 01-18-2021, 09:08 AM   #5
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish0331
I agree. The AI has an insane fortune telling ability.

Couple that with perfect distance and razor sharp counter striking i have to play on "Hard" for a more realistic experience. But, hard is too easy so I bump up to pro. Regardless of how i move the sliders around i get the that experience you're talking about.
Yh that's another thing I forgot to touch on. Their distance management is also too perfect. You should only be seeing that kind of thing out of the best skilled strikers like Izzy, Conor, Wonderboy, ect. Guys like Wanderlei Silva shouldn't be great at distancing and countering. Overall, it's just a real issue that needs to be addressed at least in the next game. So players that want a more realistic striking experience can get that.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »