Home

Bringing back old features from previous ea games.

This is a discussion on Bringing back old features from previous ea games. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2021, 10:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Bringing back old features from previous ea games.

So as a new player let me state this. Theres alot of problems with the game but I still enjoy it very much. Aesthetically its great. I enjoy making my own fight cards and playing vs the ai.

I went back and played UFC 2 and UFC 3. I noticed ufc 2 had parries which seem to be a great feature which would really cut down alot of the spam. If you have block breaking then also by logic you should have parries for at least the jab. In real life thats the trade off and the hard counter to the jab. Not head movement. Parries.

I dont think you should be able to parry anything but the jab. If you pre-emptively parry the jab because you've been conditioned you should be very vulnerable to a right hand or a hook.

Also both games had a clinch denial. The trade off was you had to work your way out of the clinch. I think this was a good feature that should also be added back into the game. I am new player so take this with a grain of salt. But just these two features would add an abundance of balance to the game.

Also note I didn't enjoy the ufc 2 parries because they were spammable but if you made them for only the jab it would be great. Especially since we already have block counters. I think they should work in a similar fashion to them.

Have a good day!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2021, 02:28 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Bringing back old features from previous ea games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granbyroll
So as a new player let me state this. Theres alot of problems with the game but I still enjoy it very much. Aesthetically its great. I enjoy making my own fight cards and playing vs the ai.

I went back and played UFC 2 and UFC 3. I noticed ufc 2 had parries which seem to be a great feature which would really cut down alot of the spam. If you have block breaking then also by logic you should have parries for at least the jab. In real life thats the trade off and the hard counter to the jab. Not head movement. Parries.

I dont think you should be able to parry anything but the jab. If you pre-emptively parry the jab because you've been conditioned you should be very vulnerable to a right hand or a hook.

Also both games had a clinch denial. The trade off was you had to work your way out of the clinch. I think this was a good feature that should also be added back into the game. I am new player so take this with a grain of salt. But just these two features would add an abundance of balance to the game.

Also note I didn't enjoy the ufc 2 parries because they were spammable but if you made them for only the jab it would be great. Especially since we already have block counters. I think they should work in a similar fashion to them.

Have a good day!

UFC 2 parries were cancer cause you could spam them with impunity. A parry for just the jab with a vulnerability window sounds like a good idea to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-18-2021, 05:11 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
UFC 2 parries were cancer cause you could spam them with impunity. A parry for just the jab with a vulnerability window sounds like a good idea to me.

Please no parries ever
Old 01-18-2021, 08:25 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeba1000
Please no parries ever
Parries in ufc 2 were broken. But if its just for the jab and it had vulnerability you would not be able to spam them.
Old 01-19-2021, 10:59 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeba1000
Please no parries ever

A jab specific parry with vulnerability similar to the push or clinch animations would be absolutely fine balance-wise. Minimal risk for minimal reward. You can’t head kick off a parry. You’d just be able to fire a single unguarded punch or try to initiate a combo.

Really only effective when someone is coming at you with nothing but the jab or always starting combos with it. And if you feint the jab, you get a window for a free strike or to initiate a combo yourself.

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »