Home

New patch spoiler?

This is a discussion on New patch spoiler? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2021, 05:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
New patch spoiler?

Are these changes to stamina going to be an advantage for pressure fighters or defensive fighters? This info still kind of seems a little confusing. What do you guys think? Why was this done? What is this going to improve?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2021, 12:32 AM   #2
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Re: New patch spoiler?

To my understanding. Lets say you throw a 3 piece. 1,2,3

Your short term stam drops down to 65%, it will fill fast until it gets to about 90% where it will start filling at a slower rate. This was done to nerf pressure/volume boxing where repeated combos are thrown. Stam filling at a slower rate will end up costing slightly more long term stam for keeping a high pace but also make counter more dangerous.
Old 01-21-2021, 12:34 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHunter1990
To my understanding. Lets say you throw a 3 piece. 1,2,3

Your short term stam drops down to 65%, it will fill fast until it gets to about 90% where it will start filling at a slower rate. This was done to nerf pressure/volume boxing where repeated combos are thrown. Stam filling at a slower rate will end up costing slightly more long term stam for keeping a high pace but also make counter more dangerous.
90% seems a bit much. Should be much lower imo. 75% seems fair but I dont know how it plays out yet, so I'll wait for further info.
Old 01-21-2021, 12:24 PM   #4
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
90% seems a bit much. Should be much lower imo. 75% seems fair but I dont know how it plays out yet, so I'll wait for further info.
Im just explaining how it works, I have no idea on the actual numbers
Old 01-21-2021, 01:07 PM   #5
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

i threw a front kick last night and the guy side stepped, my stamina went to zero and he jabbed me and koed me. Is this side step spam jabs still koing people? This game is pathetic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2021, 01:11 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
i threw a front kick last night and the guy side stepped, my stamina went to zero and he jabbed me and koed me. Is this side step spam jabs still koing people? This game is pathetic
? I land straights after side steps rarely get rocks. You must've had accumulated damage.
Old 01-21-2021, 06:10 PM   #7
EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

TapOrSnap's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHunter1990
Im just explaining how it works, I have no idea on the actual numbers
Yeah your numbers are totally wrong. Allow me to elucidate. The pivot occurs at a stamina that is 40% of your current max stamina (not starting stamina). At 40% your recovery behaves exactly as before. Below that you recover slightly faster with the bonus increasing until it reaches a 20% buff at zero stamina. Above 40% your recovery is slowed down slightly with the debuff to recovery increasing to a 30% decrease to recovery when you are full stamina.

Mathematically this works out to an overall debuff to stamina recovery with the only people getting buffed being those that live at under 40% of their max. The idea being that newer players spend more time in that range and are already punishing themselves because strikes in this range hit your max stamina so much more often.

As I have often said balancing between having an accessible game for new players and a good stamina meta for experienced players is a tough nut to crack. I hope this gets us one step closer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »