Home

Welcome to EA UFC Version 1.0 --- We Made It Baby

This is a discussion on Welcome to EA UFC Version 1.0 --- We Made It Baby within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2021, 08:38 AM   #1
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

OVR: 0
Welcome to EA UFC Version 1.0 --- We Made It Baby

After nearly a decade of struggle, version 1.0 of EA UFC was released yesterday. We finally have a somewhat balanced, fun, complete game

Myself and many others have asked for many of these features to be implemented for years!!!

Ahhh man so many 'pressure' fighters (COUGH COUGH SPAMMERS) are DONE after this patch!

01/21/2021 is a day that will live in infamy; the launch of the first UFC game after a 7 year Beta

Thank you Devs, GCers, forum members and concerned citizens for all your input and effort over this long process. We are only getting started !
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2021, 10:32 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Welcome to EA UFC Version 1.0 --- We Made It Baby

Haha yeah it's been up and down. But UFC 4 feels like the end product of UFC 3 now and we're not even half way through patches yet.

Didnt expect calf kicks or any new animations. Thought that wasn't possible anymore so surprises are great.

The stamina, sub, pressure fixes are the real gem imo. New animations are great, but don't matter as much when the base game isn't as balanced. Now we got both.

Some problems I have with this patch is bishop and frost, but they aren't targetting me so idk. Some people seem happy with it, but mmost are puzzled. Especailly giving them better kick stats than most good strikers in the game. Besides that the only other problem I have is the 50% increase to transitions. I think doing this for denials is okay, but doing it for all transitions too promotes stalling. Decrease 25% stamina cost for tranitions above the current nerf.
Old 01-22-2021, 10:44 AM   #3
Rookie

The dynamic was really different last night online. Level 20s did their usual pressure boxing but wait... Something was different.

Oh look... Someone doesn't have any stamina.

That's a shame.

Old 01-22-2021, 04:10 PM   #4
Pro

You guys are funny proclaiming this the greatest thing ever. I actually personally think this ruined the defensive options that was there and completely changed the game for players that had mastered movement. It is more straight up and down then ever, but I am sure most will never see it. You might get gassed faster for throwing punches but you also get gassed just as equally for using defensive movements to avoid them. That means if you were a high level striker that could get off and then get out unscathed now your stamina stays dropped and you can just get continuously walked down. I got to the point with Cruz that I never lost but now he is suddenly not viable. Actually the patch has made it so few fighters will be viable to win.
Old 01-22-2021, 08:52 PM   #5
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Man, I really don't wanna be negative, but the game basically feels exactly the same to me. Almost every single fight I've had so far is still a non stop striking action fight. My opponents don't seem to be losing any more stamina, or throwing any less than before at all. I've had so many fights since the patch where my opponent is still throwing 120+ strikes in the first round, and still having a nearly full stamina bar in round 2. I really don't see, or feel the impact of this patch at all. Every single fight is still non stop pressure, volume, and combos.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2021, 09:08 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Man, I really don't wanna be negative, but the game basically feels exactly the same to me. Almost every single fight I've had so far is still a non stop striking action fight. My opponents don't seem to be losing any more stamina, or throwing any less than before at all. I've had so many fights since the patch where my opponent is still throwing 120+ strikes in the first round, and still having a nearly full stamina bar in round 2. I really don't see, or feel the impact of this patch at all. Every single fight is still non stop pressure, volume, and combos.
Idk man. I have had the opposite exp and I’m not a high level player. The only difference I know is you’re primarily a striker and I usually grapple. Idk if that makes a difference. But strike wise I’m mostly defense and I have noticed the stamina and pressure nerf when I play as strikers.

If the opponent is really non stop pressure they should definitely be losing more stamina. If the opponent is taking pauses in between they’ll be able to retain more stamina, but that’s how it’s designed and it makes sense imo. I do think lower stamina should be vulnerable for longer and retain less power tho.

I honestly dont think this will affect strike totals if the opponent is smart (it should even then imo), but for non-stop pressure like you’re describing they should definitely be losing much more stamina. Plus the KDs are less, not as much as I like but its definitely less at least past r1.

Leg kicks actually matter now and there’s more of a slowdown.

Subs are awesome, I have a feeling they’ll be nerfed again I hope not but I bet it will.
Old 01-22-2021, 09:29 PM   #7
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Honestly the game feels worse than before. I've lost more fights today than I have in the past month. Literally every single fight is against a spam clown. I'm done.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 01-22-2021, 09:55 PM   #8
MVP

Post a video. Shooting in the dark isn’t helping anyone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »