Home

You can hold someone against the cage for long.

This is a discussion on You can hold someone against the cage for long. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-27-2021, 01:52 AM   #1
MVP

johnmangala's Arena

OVR: 0
You can hold someone against the cage for long.

Idk if this is a exploit, or intended.. but you can keep someone on the cage for way longer by going to back control from single under against the cage and when they go back to single under by flicking you flick back and get to back control and repeat.

I guess it's not a exploit since it requires them to keep trying to get back to single under. But you can score a lot of points this way with knees to the legs which are surprisingly show on the highlights and go for TD mix ups. If they just try to stay in back control and move away or defend td attempts for instant out, this doesnt work.

But it's cool to see you can hold people against the cage for way longer than how it usually is in this game.
Old 01-27-2021, 03:34 AM   #2
MVP

Re: You can hold someone against the cage for long.

I though you could only do the back take twice ?

I hope you use the whizzer as your primary method of escape against the cage.

Try seizing an underhook , just hold the left stick down or up accordingly see if that stops the repeated back take if I'm wrong .

Sent from my Nokia 2.4 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-27-2021, 03:54 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
Idk if this is a exploit, or intended.. but you can keep someone on the cage for way longer by going to back control from single under against the cage and when they go back to single under by flicking you flick back and get to back control and repeat.

I guess it's not a exploit since it requires them to keep trying to get back to single under. But you can score a lot of points this way with knees to the legs which are surprisingly show on the highlights and go for TD mix ups. If they just try to stay in back control and move away or defend td attempts for instant out, this doesnt work.

But it's cool to see you can hold people against the cage for way longer than how it usually is in this game.
Just give up the back clinch because of this cycle. You have escape options and denials there.
The defender can actually land a sneaky knee to the body right before they retake the back each time to trade that knee to the leg, but this doesn't really pay off because the attacker can get an instant takedown if they want during that knee. This is just a fun trick if someone is willing to keep doing it, and you are willing to be ok with some good body damage dealt and one leg left.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by Evil97; 01-27-2021 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-27-2021, 01:33 PM   #4
MVP

This has always been in the game. I think you should be able to stop the back clinch by holding the left stick. Makes no sense for it to be that easy for people. But, also increase the time on the cage before an escape.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-27-2021, 05:06 PM   #5
MVP

johnmangala's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo
I though you could only do the back take twice ?

I hope you use the whizzer as your primary method of escape against the cage.

Try seizing an underhook , just hold the left stick down or up accordingly see if that stops the repeated back take if I'm wrong .

Sent from my Nokia 2.4 using Operation Sports mobile app
You can do for as long as your opponent tries to go back to single under.

Idk if you can stop the back take I don think you can. It's not a big deal it only happens if the opponent let's you. It's just interesting that there is a way to keep cage clinch for longer than usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
Just give up the back clinch because of this cycle. You have escape options and denials there.
The defender can actually land a sneaky knee to the body right before they retake the back each time to trade that knee to the leg, but this doesn't really pay off because the attacker can get an instant takedown if they want during that knee. This is just a fun trick if someone is willing to keep doing it, and you are willing to be ok with some good body damage dealt and one leg left.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Yeah I was referring to the knees ro the legs from back control they show up on the highlight. But yeah thanks noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
This has always been in the game. I think you should be able to stop the back clinch by holding the left stick. Makes no sense for it to be that easy for people. But, also increase the time on the cage before an escape.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yeah I think there should be a block to it or denial. And a way to get back to single under as the attacker. I hope the increase the time against the cage but maybe reduce the damage so it's not exploited.
Old 01-27-2021, 11:52 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
Yeah I was referring to the knees ro the legs from back control they show up on the highlight. But yeah thanks noted.
Those are the knees I was referring to as well. They get it off to the back of your leg right before going back into single under, but you can slip in a body knee right before they go right back to back control.

Last edited by Evil97; 01-27-2021 at 11:55 PM.
Old 01-31-2021, 04:16 AM   #7
Pro

On this subject, there is an ACTUAL exploit in this position/situation. When you flick the stick to take their back, then immediately input the backpack position, it bypasses their ability to deny the initial back take. So regardless of whether or not they denied the initial backtake, you can jump on their back in backpack position. Itís definitely an exploit... it even has a glitchy animation where it looks like your opponent is denying your ďgo behindĒ... then suddenly you skip like 50 frames straight into the backpack attempt.

Normally, you press the left stick sideways to get behind your opponent (when in single under against cage). Your opponent can deny this by matching your left stick input. If they DONíT deny by matching your input, and you successfully get behind them, you can then attempt the backpack transition. The backpack position is also denied via RT/R2.

This is all stuff everyone knows. So, once you get your opponent to the cage, there are 2 steps to attain the backpack - and each of those two steps are deniable. First you get behind them with the analog stick, then you jump on their back with RB + X.

But with this exploit, you skip step one and proceed straight to step 2. You still have to begin by pressing the analog stick to get behind them, but if you immediately input the backpack transition (literally as the animation is playing), you warp straight into the animation of jumping on their back. It does not matter if your opponent correctly denies your go behind with the analog stick - hell it will even SHOW the animation of you getting denied, before suddenly warping into the backpack attempt.

The backpack attempt is still deniable, but you basically have to concede the struggle and immediately hold R2.
Old 01-31-2021, 08:38 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Grappler
On this subject, there is an ACTUAL exploit in this position/situation. When you flick the stick to take their back, then immediately input the backpack position, it bypasses their ability to deny the initial back take. So regardless of whether or not they denied the initial backtake, you can jump on their back in backpack position. Itís definitely an exploit... it even has a glitchy animation where it looks like your opponent is denying your ďgo behindĒ... then suddenly you skip like 50 frames straight into the backpack attempt.

Normally, you press the left stick sideways to get behind your opponent (when in single under against cage). Your opponent can deny this by matching your left stick input. If they DONíT deny by matching your input, and you successfully get behind them, you can then attempt the backpack transition. The backpack position is also denied via RT/R2.

This is all stuff everyone knows. So, once you get your opponent to the cage, there are 2 steps to attain the backpack - and each of those two steps are deniable. First you get behind them with the analog stick, then you jump on their back with RB + X.

But with this exploit, you skip step one and proceed straight to step 2. You still have to begin by pressing the analog stick to get behind them, but if you immediately input the backpack transition (literally as the animation is playing), you warp straight into the animation of jumping on their back. It does not matter if your opponent correctly denies your go behind with the analog stick - hell it will even SHOW the animation of you getting denied, before suddenly warping into the backpack attempt.

The backpack attempt is still deniable, but you basically have to concede the struggle and immediately hold R2.

I've seen this many times and it is incredibly frustrating - particularly when people clearly know this exploit and repeat it. I wasn't aware you could hold R2 before they take the back and immediately backpack to prevent the backpack though - I'll bare that in mind in future.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »