Home

UFC Undisputed Legacy Update Thread

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed Legacy Update Thread within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Game of the Year 2021: Forza Horizon 5
Best Sports Game Trend in 2021: College Sports Coming Back
Best Franchise Mode in 2021: NBA 2K22

Old 02-01-2021, 06:49 PM   #1
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

OVR: 0
UFC Undisputed Legacy Update Thread

Thought I should consolidate my posts about this into one thread rather than creating one each time I have an update. Newest update includes updated PRIDE walkout panel videos. Plus, one of the pads in one of the ring's corners has been changed to black to more accurately reflect RIZIN's ring. Text needs to be made white though, but that will be done soon. The CAF menu has been updated to all have gold button textures, just need to replace the UFC and PRIDE logos.

This one is from Dav, the project leader - Undisputed 2010 animations have been imported! Personal preference as to what you prefer and you can swap back and forth whenever you like for each install.

Previous videos, from newest to oldest:

Last edited by TheUFCVeteran; 09-14-2021 at 08:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2021, 09:50 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: UFC Undisputed Legacy Update Thread

Rizin - EP by Eiichi Saeki on Apple Music
https://music.apple.com/us/album/rizin-ep/1490515604
Rizin - EP by Eiichi Saeki on Spotify
https://open.spotify.com/album/71lflA28KOvCLw0O5Zt4aP

Last edited by martialxd; 02-02-2021 at 09:52 AM.
Old 02-02-2021, 11:21 AM   #3
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by martialxd

Rizin - EP by Eiichi Saeki on Apple Music
https://music.apple.com/us/album/rizin-ep/1490515604
Rizin - EP by Eiichi Saeki on Spotify
https://open.spotify.com/album/71lflA28KOvCLw0O5Zt4aP
Thanks, but up to now we havenít figured out how to reimport/replace music, though I believe I may have found out how last night, so Iíll give that a go. Replacing the PRIDE theme with RIZIN is definitely on the list, though.
Old 02-24-2021, 02:07 AM   #4
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Added some more stuff! Profanity warning for the shop text.

The text is just for a laugh, that won't be included in the mod. The actual gym models themselves probably can't be switched out, at least not any time soon, but we can replace the textures to match another gym - although this will be limited to logos for now. Elevation Fight Team replaces Sityodtong USA.

If you have any suggestions, feel free to post them in the thread or in the Undisputed Legacy Discord server (linked below), and we'll give them a go if we can!

Join the Discord server here: https://discord.gg/vndwjUKcGf

Google Drive link for mods (content shown in the video not added yet): https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Bt?usp=sharing

EDIT: Bonus image, forgot to add this while editing (deleted some recordings and forgot to re-record this) - changed the text when attempting to buy something from the career shop without the required amount of CRED, just for a laugh - profanity warning!

Spoiler

Last edited by TheUFCVeteran; 02-24-2021 at 02:20 AM.
Old 08-23-2021, 07:32 PM   #5
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Big update!

RIZIN is basically done, with only minor tweaks needed - I held off playing it until I had gotten everything in so I could experience it fresh. It was worth it, worked like I’d hoped.

The UI has been overhauled to resemble RIZIN’s design language, including a new matchup screen right after the game has finished loading the fight.

This was a bitch to say the least, the way they put that video together originally is, like everything else in UD3, complex and perhaps over engineered, so to speak. I received some advice by someone in the VFX field and that was a great help, but I simply didn’t have the technical know-how at the time to replicate how it was done.

To give you an idea of what it’s like - basically, in the files, the video has parts which are transparent… yet, when you switch to only view the alpha channel (which may not be the alpha channel, but said thing only shows up when selecting this) you can see a darkened version of where the graphics are in-game in what is a transparent spot in the video in the files.

In the original video, the fighters slot in front of the background, which appears transparent in the files, and… it’s tough to explain, but basically, I came to the conclusion that to replicate the effect I would either need to learn a lot or do a lot of experimenting, probably both, and I wanted to get it out soon so I chose to design around it and while it took some time to figure out how to get the authentic look with less space to use, I’m really happy with the final result.

Also, I mention it in the stream but in case you don’t want to watch more than the RIZIN fights, I’m looking to try and put together a narrative experience in the career mode via in-game cutscenes.

Of course, it’s a bit limited by how often they pop up (they taper off a lot as you get later into your career), but I do think I can put something together which feels like a story. I think we can set it up to where it pulls you through those stretches with little to no cutscenes, so to speak.

The last thing I wanted to mention is that Ultimate Fights rewards will be replaced with community made MMA promos, if the creators allow it of course. Teep, a friend of mine who makes promos has given me his blessing to include his. There are five fights to choose from and each will have a promo play as the fight’s intro (will not necessarily be related to the fight you have chosen to play), and one as a reward for completing the task list for each fighter.

If you’re interested in the project, check out our Discord server! Updates on work-in-progress changes are posted often: https://discord.gg/vndwjUKcGf

Last edited by TheUFCVeteran; 08-23-2021 at 08:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2021, 08:15 PM   #6
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

PRIDE walkout panel videos updated for RIZIN! Plus, one of the pads in one of the ring's corners has been changed to black to more accurately reflect RIZIN's ring. Text needs to be made white though, but that will be done soon.

This one is from Dav, the project leader - Undisputed 2010 animations have been imported! Personal preference as to what you prefer and you can swap back and forth whenever you like for each install.

I can't believe we never figured this out until now. The file is in a folder called "motion" and the file is called "move". I think it's case of overlooking it because it seems too obvious almost, or you'd think it would be somewhere else. But better late than never, as they say! I always thought "move" referred to actual navigation but there's a navigation file there so it makes sense that it meant fighter moves.

Last edited by TheUFCVeteran; 09-14-2021 at 08:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »