Home

Many casuals aren't happy with patch 8.0

This is a discussion on Many casuals aren't happy with patch 8.0 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2021, 11:42 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Many casuals aren't happy with patch 8.0

"EA has released a new update for UFC 4 that adds fighters Aleksander Rakic and Marvin Vettori. While the news should be exciting for some fans, a lot are disappointed by the latest choices. There are still a number of UFC fighters that players would have preferred to see first, most notably Kevin Holland. Following EA's announcement of the two new fighters, a number of fans expressed their frustration that Holland has not yet been added to the game. It remains to be seen when or if the fighter will be added to the game's roster, but it's clear that there's a lot of demand!

The announcement from EA can be found embedded below.

Are you hoping to see Kevin Holland added to the game? Are you frustrated with these new additions? Let us know in the comments or share your thoughts directly on Twitter at @Marcdachamp to talk all things gaming!

Keep reading to see what fans are saying about Kevin Holland in UFC 4!"

Source

Interesting, I rmb when I thought like that. When Emmett was added before Zabit I was mad initially. Emmett was coming off a KO loss to Stephens but was added before Zabit. Aholbert explained that the DLC fighters are planned in advance, so I eventually understood and backed off. Plus it seems losses pushes fighters back unless they are major fighters now, but I could be wrong- that could be coincidence.

But I still understand where these casuals are coming from, Holland is visibly way more exciting than Rakic or Vettori like Zabit over Emmett. But I'm more patient now, I know Holland will be added eventually so it's not a big deal to me anymore. And I'm happy with Rakic and Vettori, they are appropriate choices.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2021, 12:46 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Many casuals aren't happy with patch 8.0

Why do you call those people casuals? Casuals have no idea who Kevin Holland is.
Old 02-12-2021, 12:58 PM   #3
MVP

Casuals arent just people who only know the big names.

You can be a casual and moderately follow the sport.
Old 02-12-2021, 01:51 PM   #4
Rookie

I don't understand why anyone would be complaining about this one. I had to sit here and read comments from people whining about not getting Rakic since UFC 3 for every update up until now.

You know EA is aware of the Kevin Holland hype, just wait until his next fight.
Old 02-12-2021, 02:53 PM   #5
MVP

Anytime you can add two top 5 that should be a win.

Can't satisfy everyone.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2021, 04:41 PM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
Casuals arent just people who only know the big names.

You can be a casual and moderately follow the sport.
While true, I seriously doubt that casual fans of the sport are clamoring for a guy who has fought in the a co-main or main event spot and has been on the main card 3 times in his career.

Anyway, there are more patches coming and if there are more patches that usually means more fighters so I'm sure Holland will be one of them.
Old 02-12-2021, 05:28 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
While true, I seriously doubt that casual fans of the sport are clamoring for a guy who has fought in the a co-main or main event spot and has been on the main card 3 times in his career.

Anyway, there are more patches coming and if there are more patches that usually means more fighters so I'm sure Holland will be one of them.
The examples in the article are more casual than hardcores. The majority of hardcores are happy with Rakic and Vettori. But they can seem cookie cutter to casuals as opposed to a trash talking exciting fighter like Holland.

Your argument definitely applies to super casuals who only follow Conor or Khabib etc. But there are mild casuals who know and want him in.
Old 02-12-2021, 07:38 PM   #8
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
The examples in the article are more casual than hardcores. The majority of hardcores are happy with Rakic and Vettori. But they can seem cookie cutter to casuals as opposed to a trash talking exciting fighter like Holland.

Your argument definitely applies to super casuals who only follow Conor or Khabib etc. But there are mild casuals who know and want him in.

How do you know they are casual?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »