Home

Risk reward problem (Spam)

This is a discussion on Risk reward problem (Spam) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2021, 11:02 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Risk reward problem (Spam)

Hi, Allright I know from the getgo some people are going to be annoyed by this post... But try to take this as a feedback from someone who bought the game couple weeks ago, (had ufc 1, 3 and now 4) and has played I guess + hundred fights, lots of them online..

The game seems solid offline, but as for online experience there's a big problem here concerning the trade off risk-reward of SPAM... Some considerations:

1-the game is complex, there are a lot of facets to it... ( stand up, ground game, clinch, submission)
2- The learning curve is already steep enough
3-If there aint no risk or punishment for spamming, the curve gets steeper

Thing is, here's the dynamic of the game right now... You're playing online... if there's lets say one, and I said " one", facet of the game you're just not familiar enough... People are going to use that against you, like repeatedly.. but that's ok, people can solve that breach in their game and carry on...

The real problem is... when people begin to spam... knees, legkicks.... cause it really turns the online experience bad. it really does...
And I know what you're thinking.. 1-"Oh you're the one who has to learn a workaround" or 2- "There are several tools you can use against that"..

I don't think so, if the game relies entirely on the player to deal with a something like repeatedly kneeing your opponent without presenting any disavantage or risk in doing so, .. Then you're making that learning curve even steeper.. There's no trade off, it's way more beneficial to play in an non simulation way, and most people play like that, because there's no punishment for spamming all night... and not everyone will spend hours and hours trying to figure it out

And You may think, "Well, I know how to deal with that".. well Im glad you do, but the average player who buys the game will be frustrated..

lets say my opponent knees me again and again anda agian....
then I catch his knee, "oh great, caught him"... then I punch him, for which he defends, then he escapes and that's that.... Or I hit him with a hoook right in the time he was about to land the knee... "Oh look, nothing happened"...

The conclusion here.. is that is too damn easy to spam without consequence... It relies completely on the skill or knowledge of the game from the other player..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2021, 12:12 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Risk reward problem (Spam)

So what exactly is your solution to this problem of yours?
Old 02-26-2021, 12:14 PM   #3
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

To compound the problem, you get any little bit of lag, and good luck using any kind of defensive techniques. All your head movement, and lunging goes right out the window, but the spammers can literally just mash combos right through the lag no problem at all.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 02-26-2021, 12:19 PM   #4
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogomn
There's no trade off, it's way more beneficial to play in an non simulation way, and most people play like that, because there's no punishment for spamming all night...
This right here.

You're literally handicapping yourself by trying to play realistically.

Just game the game, and you're gonna be doing way better.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 02-26-2021, 12:25 PM   #5
Rookie

Yeah but thing is the balance weighs WAYYY more on the defending side...

1- If you don't know how to defend against that... straight up you're done.. you lost the fight.

2-If you somehow know how to avoid it... even so, one of 2 things will happen:

a- you'll lose stamina (cause you're trying to escape AND getting hit in the body)

b- You'll be hit by a different strike and since your stamina is low you just die anyway
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2021, 02:04 PM   #6
MVP

While spamming is a problem still, its not as hard to deal with than before. You have to learn how to make reads and capitalize on that. So yes spamming is easier than being defensive but that's true irl too. You have to get this play 'realistic' thing out of your head. It's counter productive and self handicapping. You have to play to your opponents strengths and weaknesses.

Dont be afraid of being called a 'spammer' or some **** by some ppl you donr even know on the internet. Play as what is required to win. Are there unrealistic strike totals still? Yes. But you can nullify that with grappling, evasion, and body/leg work. I mean people who legit spam strikes (and they only strike no mix ups) will say I spam clinch or grappling or say I run away. idaf anymore I just play according to what I see.

IME now I savor the opportunity to fight spammers, it's easier to beat them than beating some who is good with evasion and feinting. In my ranking of difficult fights it goes (from easiest to hardest)

1. Bum pressure
2. Bum evasion
3. Good pressure
4. Good Evasion

But I've been there, where I struggled a lot with pressure and spam, but you have to keep practicing.

The thing is people only spam when they dont respect your threat. If you dont have something to threaten or make them think about they'll just go on with what they want to do. I struggled with that, but now people dont really spam me as much as they used to because I threaten them with grappling, counters, and evasion now majority of players who face me move away from me.
Old 02-27-2021, 02:47 AM   #7
Pro

Most spam strikes are body shots, switch kicks, spin kick to body, and knees to body. Check their spam pattern and find something they suck at blocking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »