Home

It is so unrealistic!

This is a discussion on It is so unrealistic! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2021, 03:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
It is so unrealistic!

Stamina really does not mean that much in this game still! Non stop aggression is rewarded so much! This game is still not balanced. I am just not having fun playing it anymore. I am hanging by a string. Game play developer Jeff always made me feel like there was hope.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2021, 06:01 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: It is so unrealistic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcelts
Stamina really does not mean that much in this game still! Non stop aggression is rewarded so much! This game is still not balanced. I am just not having fun playing it anymore. I am hanging by a string. Game play developer Jeff always made me feel like there was hope.
You should see the BS disrespect being shown by Skylarp or whatever this new devs name is to the customers.

These devs see nothing wrong with the game's current state. It is absolutely shameful.

Watch Pryoxis video about it from yesterday. Genuinely hate the dev that work on this game. It's a pure white-hot hatred.
Old 04-28-2021, 06:58 PM   #3
Rookie

Yeah, I actually watched that video by Pryoxis. Man, I just can not wait for Esports Boxing.
Old 04-28-2021, 07:12 PM   #4
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

I don't agree with throwing hate at the devs because:

1) They communicate with us more than any other sports gaming devs i've seen

2) Balancing an MMA game is really darn hard.

Yes Skynet lashed out and he probably shouldn't have, but getting told your work sucks everyday when you're putting in tons of effort would drive anyone crazy.

The biggest issue i've seen is juggling fun vs realism. Even some of the GCs advocate for fun over realism with certain mechanics because most people play the game for fun. A middle ground would be "competitive balance" but even that's hard to achieve and may also result in some realism being lost.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 04-28-2021, 07:18 PM   #5
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

For example, a more realistic MMA game would mean that single strikes do way more damage than they do now. I'm talking about eating 4-5 clean strikes could end the fight. Or taking 1-2 power punches could get a flash KO.

You and I may want this but i'd say 80% of the casual community wouldn't like it because they'd be getting knocked out within seconds and would get discouraged from playing. Instead of learning to pick shots and being careful, they'll simply quit.

This is the battle we (and the devs) are fighting.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2021, 08:41 PM   #6
Rookie

Once again, have two ranked modes. One that is more sim like and one that is more for casuals. I don’t want to hear it separates the players and then it is hard to find matches. Try it, experiment, take a chance, see what happens.
Old 04-28-2021, 08:56 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro_Guap
You should see the BS disrespect being shown by Skylarp or whatever this new devs name is to the customers.

These devs see nothing wrong with the game's current state. It is absolutely shameful.

Watch Pryoxis video about it from yesterday. Genuinely hate the dev that work on this game. It's a pure white-hot hatred.
Trash takes like this is why nobody bothers to visit this forum.

1) "GENUINELY HATING" game developers of all people says more about you than them. It's nauseatingly pathetic.

2) You made a thread whining about Geoff being part of the developer team before the game had came out. How can you of all people complain about being disrespected?

3) Pryoxis literally quit his job to do UFC content full-time. I have no problem with it but that video is clearly clickbait. And you fell for it.

4) The rudest comment Skynet made (based on the 4K SCREENSHOTS Pryoxis took) is asking why Dyno has invested so much time into a half-made game. I don't remember if he has said this before but plenty of people have beforehand. This is your idea of BS DISRESPECT while you intentionally misspell his username, declare hatred and blatantly lie that they think the game is flawless now.

It shouldn't be relevant but I've barely played UFC 4 (less than 10 hours last 6 weeks?) because a lot of the design choices don't appeal to me.

Just sad really.
Old 04-28-2021, 11:14 PM   #8
Rookie

If it takes a game to be in the state that cyberpunk was in before people are offered refunds then I can see why people get angry. I can’t think of many other industries where you buy a product and are effectively told to go and F yourself after buying it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »