Home

Old 05-13-2021, 08:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Game Breaking Glitch?

When will this bug of the player against the cage stamina drain be fixed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2021, 09:44 PM   #2
EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

TapOrSnap's Arena

Re: Game Breaking Glitch?

We are aware of the issue and are attempting to address it as fast as possible.

Thank you for your patience.
Old 05-13-2021, 10:43 PM   #3
MVP

johnmangala's Arena

There seems to be a mechanic behind it intention or not. You can avoid zapping your stamina by not going for bicep control constantly and move out or go for back control instead. The stamina drain is way too much now, but if its toned down a lot instead of removed all together I think the game can have another mechanic. It does go into the old debate on should regular movement be taxed. Even then I think it's worth exploring.

A much smaller long term stamina drain could be applied to bicep control or other parts of clinch. The clinch or grappling in general is grueling irl, our actions while grappling in UFC 4 being more connected to stamina can add depth to the meta.
Old 05-13-2021, 11:41 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
There seems to be a mechanic behind it intention or not. You can avoid zapping your stamina by not going for bicep control constantly and move out or go for back control instead. The stamina drain is way too much now, but if its toned down a lot instead of removed all together I think the game can have another mechanic. It does go into the old debate on should regular movement be taxed. Even then I think it's worth exploring.

A much smaller long term stamina drain could be applied to bicep control or other parts of clinch. The clinch or grappling in general is grueling irl, our actions while grappling in UFC 4 being more connected to stamina can add depth to the meta.
This bug is affecting the defenders block also. The last thing we need is penalties for the defender in clinch. Especially in a position one missed input away from a standing guillotine.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by Evil97; 05-13-2021 at 11:43 PM.
Old 05-14-2021, 12:00 AM   #5
MVP

johnmangala's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
This bug is affecting the defenders block also. The last thing we need is penalties for the defender in clinch. Especially in a position one missed input away from a standing guillotine.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Like I said it doesnít have to be exactly how like it is now with bicep control, it could be other parts of grappling or only long term or short term drain, just more actions to consume stamina.

The defender can already insta escape out of knees, backpack and drag, back control, etc. If itís tuned to be a small long term stamina drain itís not gonna make standing guillotine any more strong until later in the fight, which it would be warranted then.
Old 05-14-2021, 09:47 PM   #6
EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

TapOrSnap's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
Like I said it doesnít have to be exactly how like it is now with bicep control, it could be other parts of grappling or only long term or short term drain, just more actions to consume stamina.

The defender can already insta escape out of knees, backpack and drag, back control, etc. If itís tuned to be a small long term stamina drain itís not gonna make standing guillotine any more strong until later in the fight, which it would be warranted then.
Patch is live for this issue.

TOS
Old 05-14-2021, 10:34 PM   #7
MVP

johnmangala's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapOrSnap
Patch is live for this issue.

TOS
Thanks. Didnt expect a fix so soon.