Home

Judge this Scorecard

This is a discussion on Judge this Scorecard within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2021, 11:04 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Judge this Scorecard

I feel like I've gotten too many results like this. I was Jotko. I get it. I didnt do a lot of damage. But really? Neither did Holland. Maybe it could have been 29-28 (his one rock was literally the first strike of the fight).

What do you think?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2021, 12:05 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Judge this Scorecard

I think you should've won that based on volume and control.

But damage wise, it seems the other person landed more sig strikes. I notice that wins more rounds.
Old 05-19-2021, 02:38 AM   #3
Rookie

Guessing most of your strikes were rabbit punches which do next to zero damage. Posture up a couple of times or get a few elbows in side control or something and you’d have won easily.
Old 05-19-2021, 10:20 AM   #4
Rookie

29-28 Jotko

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-19-2021, 12:58 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangil23
Guessing most of your strikes were rabbit punches which do next to zero damage. Posture up a couple of times or get a few elbows in side control or something and you’d have won easily.
It's the only explanation based on the game mechanics and you are correct they were rabbit punches.

But I'd argue the sheer amount of rabbit punches are more in accumulative damage than those significant strike totals round over round.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2021, 04:33 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
It's the only explanation based on the game mechanics and you are correct they were rabbit punches.

But I'd argue the sheer amount of rabbit punches are more in accumulative damage than those significant strike totals round over round.

You could try in practice mode and see how much damage they do. I’m not sure exactly how much but I’d bet a couple of 1-2s could easily do more damage than 4 minutes of rabbit punches. They’re really meant to build grapple advantage rather than do any damage.
Old 05-19-2021, 07:51 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangil23
You could try in practice mode and see how much damage they do. I’m not sure exactly how much but I’d bet a couple of 1-2s could easily do more damage than 4 minutes of rabbit punches. They’re really meant to build grapple advantage rather than do any damage.
Again in terms of the game mechanics and what's under the hood...you're probably right.

IRL, those subconcussive blows are the ones the doctors say have the most effect on long term CTE. So what's more damaging? 4 minutes of 10% shots or 2-3 35%ers?

Old 05-19-2021, 08:20 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
Again in terms of the game mechanics and what's under the hood...you're probably right.

IRL, those subconcussive blows are the ones the doctors say have the most effect on long term CTE. So what's more damaging? 4 minutes of 10% shots or 2-3 35%ers?

Yeah in the game they pretty much do nothing but they can add up in real life. Would be cool if they done a little damage or took a bit of stamina if you keep hitting the body. The same for strikes off the back as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »