Home

EA Sports UFC 5 Will Not Use The Ignite Engine, per Brian Hayes

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 5 Will Not Use The Ignite Engine, per Brian Hayes within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2021, 04:50 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 5 Will Not Use The Ignite Engine, per Brian Hayes

The visuals and animations need a major overhaul. The new boxing game ESBC makes ufc 4 look like a ps2 game.

It is so great to see that there is finally some competition for the ufc franchise. I really hope they will step their game up.

I bought every ufc game so far but if I see a tiger mask again in ufc 5 i will go right back to esbc
Old 08-03-2021, 10:35 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirsunny
The visuals and animations need a major overhaul. The new boxing game ESBC makes ufc 4 look like a ps2 game.

It is so great to see that there is finally some competition for the ufc franchise. I really hope they will step their game up.

I bought every ufc game so far but if I see a tiger mask again in ufc 5 i will go right back to esbc
It's actually disgusting how little progress EA has made from UFC 1 - 4.

As I've said before, this company has earned it's scorn. Very happy to see competition step in and try to give us what we want... A sports combat simulation.
Old 08-03-2021, 05:27 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro_Guap
It's actually disgusting how little progress EA has made from UFC 1 - 4.

As I've said before, this company has earned it's scorn. Very happy to see competition step in and try to give us what we want... A sports combat simulation.

Oh, come on. The progress from 2 to 3.5 (couple of months after release) was quite impressive imo. One can always do better, but we're talking AAA games here.

4 is a different picture, and you can argue they took a couple of steps back as well, but on a whole they've made some progress for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2021, 12:02 AM   #12
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Probably lots of legacy code that may not have good notes. Build brand new. Guess we starting back at UFC 1 next gen lol
Old 09-20-2021, 05:59 PM   #13
Rookie

That is their only choice I think. Common look fluid the movement in esbc is.

The best thing they can do is start completely from scratch. The game is in a horrible state and just not fun to play. I mean common this nonsense with the fighter introductions for example. Who on earth thought that would be cool to implement?!
Old 09-21-2021, 07:57 AM   #14
Rookie

An officially licensed sports game
should have more game sports promotion in the game
Make the mma rules of the game more prominent
More official graphic styles and music and promotional videos
These can be used directly in official videos or in game animations
like...
RULES OF THE OCTAGON
UFC intro
and Weigh in and more...

Could it be that in the UFC MMA game rules,
we can use so many decoration in the body?
like a masquerade,
they will never enter the cage
This is pretty bad official game
Old 09-21-2021, 10:17 PM   #15
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirsunny
That is their only choice I think. Common look fluid the movement in esbc is.

The best thing they can do is start completely from scratch. The game is in a horrible state and just not fun to play. I mean common this nonsense with the fighter introductions for example. Who on earth thought that would be cool to implement?!
I know nothing about the game but we shouldnt assume they are "starting from scratch". They didnt even start from scratch when it came to UFC 1. There were animations used from other EA games.

Assuming they are moving from Frostbite, the EA Sports games that did that already (Madden and Fifa) didnt rewrite all of their animations. There will absolutely be some things that are carried over from past versions of UFC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2021, 06:48 AM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
There were animations used from other EA games.
I hope for their sake that the... new animations added in EAUFC4 were just copied from another game, though I cannot imagine what game that would be.

Would be happy to see some overhaul. I happened to find a cheap Xbox Series S this week and decided to get it just for the "FPS" upgrade without expecting much. I must say the load times have significantly improved and as I FPS-sceptic I admit it does play more smoothly. You can actually notice the difference. Not worth the 200$ but given the next game won't be on PC (probably) I'd have to get one eventually anyway.

I hope it comes sooner rather than later, as this game will probably be quite dead now that all the support has stopped. I can still amuse myself playing career as it's quite decent, but there will be an end to that eventually.

And if they don't even bother to fix some common issues present since release, that have been communicated on the proper channels, than I hope a new game is underway. It might seem stupid to some, but the fact that in championship fights you're always facing black tights instead of coloured or even white. This is probably fixed in 5 minutes. If you're not going to fix it, just say so up front. Less damage that way...

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »