Home

Why didn’t you make it more realistic?

This is a discussion on Why didn’t you make it more realistic? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2022, 03:23 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Why didn’t you make it more realistic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm bored today so I'll give you their side of the argument. TO BE CLEAR: THIS IS NOT MY ARGUMENT. Once again: THIS IS NOT MY ARGUMENT.

Regarding your clinch argument, they would argue that the comparison doesnt completely work. Removing the ability to hold someone against the cage isnt the same as removing free throws or removing double plays or removing special teams. The clinch is still in the game...its just that an aspect of it has been changed and it was changed because their data (telemetry, surveys, play tests etc.) shows that most people who play this game dont enjoy being held against the cage. Its the same logic they used in removing fouls from Fifa (which thankfully has returned this year after being gone for a decade) and removing certain penalties like defensive holding in Madden.

The people they are trying to get the game dont want to be held against the cage. ****, most MMA fans dont like cage grinding at all (I dont know how many events I've been to where the crowd started booing the minute there was cage stalling).

The CAF system is similar. Their data from UFC 3 showed that very few people spent time creating real fighters or specifying each of their stats or perks. I screamed from the heavens for close to a year to try to get them to change it but nothing was done.

It sucks but the numbers show that more people care about that fantasy **** than creating realistic fighters. I follow a number of CAF creators on Youtube. With many of them, they get way more views creating Spiderman or Batman than create Sean Strickland or even a Fedor.

The problem has been the same for years. While other companies design games that can be enjoyable for all kinds of players, EA is always looking to maximize sales and times by slightly focusing more on things that will attract new buyers. I can understand that from a business perspective but I hate it as a consumer.

There is no reason why we cant have a CAF system that has both templates for people who want to create a fighter fast and a system where people can change stats and perks. ****, we have a version of that in the current system. If I dont want to take the time to design my CAF, I can just choose a preset. If I do, I can edit his looks through sliders. No reason, we cant do that for stats.
One thing is to disallow cage clinch stalling, another thing is to basically remove over-under, double under positions and to remove the options to transition from a position to another. That stinks

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-27-2022, 05:14 PM   #10
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSS
One thing is to disallow cage clinch stalling, another thing is to basically remove over-under, double under positions and to remove the options to transition from a position to another. That stinks

I don’t love EA’s approach. There were other ways to go about discouraging people from cage stalling but they chose the way they thought was best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 01-28-2022, 05:58 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I don’t love EA’s approach. There were other ways to go about discouraging people from cage stalling but they chose the way they thought was best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
As I said the problem with clinch is not only the cage stalling approach (I can see why they want to discourage it), but the missing positions and lack of options, both of which were in EA UFC 3 and then removed

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »