Home

Questions about UFC 5?

This is a discussion on Questions about UFC 5? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2022, 11:49 PM   #25
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Questions about UFC 5?

I'd be fine with EA adding the orgs that the UFC has bought out. Instead of just only WFA. Also add in Strikeforce, IFL, WEC, and PRIDE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2022, 12:49 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
I'd be fine with EA adding the orgs that the UFC has bought out. Instead of just only WFA. Also add in Strikeforce, IFL, WEC, and PRIDE.

Image if they did what THQ did with bringing Bas Rutten and Mauro Ranallo to commentate Pride mode, and having soccer kicks & knees on the ground

But actually, with the small amount of animations we have, maybe it's better if the focus is on more variety of animations for all fighters.

Although if they're making another backyard brawl arena for UFC 5 then yeah add soccer kicks/knees in so they can be in that arena too in addition to Pirde lol, that would actually be pretty cool and worthwhile the resource IMO
Old 07-23-2022, 05:50 PM   #27
MVP

zello144's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka5eL
Image if they did what THQ did with bringing Bas Rutten and Mauro Ranallo to commentate Pride mode, and having soccer kicks & knees on the ground

But actually, with the small amount of animations we have, maybe it's better if the focus is on more variety of animations for all fighters.

Although if they're making another backyard brawl arena for UFC 5 then yeah add soccer kicks/knees in so they can be in that arena too in addition to Pirde lol, that would actually be pretty cool and worthwhile the resource IMO
I wish they’d make the backyard an actual backyard without a cage.
Old 07-26-2022, 05:02 AM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
They already added in Pride & Strikeforce shorts which was great. Hoping for the arenas too to get some diversity in setting.

About that: biggest hope is that career has some crossover segments at the start. I liked eaufc4's career with its coaching segments, but it's identical for every fighter. Despite there being a muay thai arena and outfit, they dropped the ball not integrating it into career if you pick that style. Same for the other striking and grappling styles, though the latter seems more difficult to include.
Old 08-10-2022, 01:05 AM   #29
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
Likely because the contract they signed says so. Also the UFC doesn't care if it's good for MMA. They've always acted in this way. EA Sports also doesn't care. The UFC license makes them more money than all other promotions could combined. So the UFC gets to dictate terms and EA will follow because it makes sense to do so.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
This doesn't work for MMA to have one organization.
Fifa and pes have some players and clubs.

Gives variety of the game where MMA is diverse in variety.
Old 08-10-2022, 03:20 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22lgred
This doesn't work for MMA to have one organization.

Fifa and pes have some players and clubs.

Gives variety of the game where MMA is diverse in variety.
FIFA is a singular governing body.

EA Sports already did a game with no UFC license. The sales didn't perform during a time when MMA had more balance among promotions and less talent was consolidated. It would likely do even worse now.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-2022, 01:37 PM   #31
Pro

Heard EA is cooperating with Marvel for FIFA. Like many, I'm not a fan of the ridiculous gear available for EAUFC4, but I would be intrigued to see some cosplay stuff make it to the game. This would in fact be something a number of people would actually pay for. I still can't envision anyone paying anything to 'collect' the meaningless crap available now, but this might change that.

Besides, I've seen fighters use (Marvel) cosplay for promo pics. Modafferi obviously, but others too (Frey? Hill?). Haven't seen any of the men do it - probably best - but some fun won't hurt.

Last edited by Blackman316; 08-16-2022 at 01:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2023, 08:29 PM   #32
Rookie

I'd like the weight classes to be more balanced, I get some have more depth than others but they really rely on specific ones to be more filled in with legends whilst putting low effort to get legends in the game for lower weight classes as much.

Reviewed the weight classes, there's so little depth for the lower ones.

UFC 4 Best Weight Class - What Should You Choose?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »