Home

Questions about UFC 5?

This is a discussion on Questions about UFC 5? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2022, 08:46 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Questions about UFC 5?

Do you think they will continue to make the next installment of this game really unrealistic? Do you think the game developers will still choose to not interact with people that play this game to try to make improvements? Would you like someone else to be able to develop the next installment? Who?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2022, 06:10 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Questions about UFC 5?

I wished 2k would do any kinda mma game. I don't believe ufc 5 will be good. They will probably do even more casual stuff. I hope i'm very wrong.
Old 02-07-2022, 05:07 PM   #3
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcelts
Do you think they will continue to make the next installment of this game really unrealistic? Do you think the game developers will still choose to not interact with people that play this game to try to make improvements? Would you like someone else to be able to develop the next installment? Who?
I think they will continue to create a game that appeals to who they believe is the biggest audience possible. They dont believe that creating a hyper realistic game serves that goal.

I believe that the game devs will interact with people through the official UFC discord and occasionally OS. The days of getting consistent time with a game dev like GPD on OS are long gone.

Sure, I'd love multiple MMA/UFC games but its not happening. EA just re-signed its exclusive deal with the UFC for multiple years.
Old 02-08-2022, 03:18 PM   #4
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I think they will continue to create a game that appeals to who they believe is the biggest audience possible. They dont believe that creating a hyper realistic game serves that goal.

I believe that the game devs will interact with people through the official UFC discord and occasionally OS. The days of getting consistent time with a game dev like GPD on OS are long gone.

Sure, I'd love multiple MMA/UFC games but its not happening. EA just re-signed its exclusive deal with the UFC for multiple years.
UFC 2 style gameplay going to make a return lol
Old 02-10-2022, 09:31 AM   #5
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

I'm cautiously optimistic. If nothing else, there HAS to be a new grappling system, right?

...Right? Please let there be a new grappling system. I can't take two more years of rock, paper, scissors every time a fight hits the ground.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2022, 05:29 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowingForVengeance
...Right? Please let there be a new grappling system. I can't take two more years of rock, paper, scissors every time a fight hits the ground.

Any suggestions for an alternative? It's honestly not as bad as ppl think. The first UFC game (way back) had a system that was all about reaction and pressing the right counter buttons. 20 years later, this isn't much different, and I can't see what could change.
Old 02-11-2022, 01:02 PM   #7
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman316
Any suggestions for an alternative? It's honestly not as bad as ppl think. The first UFC game (way back) had a system that was all about reaction and pressing the right counter buttons. 20 years later, this isn't much different, and I can't see what could change.
I can't either, but it's really not enjoyable. I would say it's the biggest reason people stay away from the game tbh. I have a strong feeling they're going to try and make it less complex (if the trend of them catering to casual players sticks) so it doesn't drive away casual players. The key is making it simplistic, but also suitable for competitive play. I doubt they figure out a way to do that to be honest, but let's hope ay
Old 02-11-2022, 02:49 PM   #8
MVP

I expect the ground game to be revamped a bit since they are using a new engine.

I hope it's similar to ud3 where we block transitions instead of the denial system. It would lead to a more active and scrambly grappling experience. You hold in the direction of a transition to block and the attacker would try to juke or swoop the stick to avoid the block and pass. It wouldn't just be filling a meter and transition like now.

The defender would have to try and match the next direction the attacker is going but the block will break down the more the attacker is able to go unblocked and vice versa for the defender to replenish the block. Defending and trying to pass costs stamina so it'll also be about stamina and ga management. So you can use different setups to get different transitions and it'll feel more liking throwing striking combos. Sorta like the gate sub system from ufc 3 but for transitions. Big difference is the fighters actively reflect your progress, trying to pass or block rather than being static waiting for one side to win the exchange.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »