Home

Custom Events Wishlist for EA Sports UFC 5

This is a discussion on Custom Events Wishlist for EA Sports UFC 5 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Sports Emulation in 2022 - Going Beyond Emulation
OS Reacts: NBA 2K23 Gameplay Improvements
MLB The Show 22 Missing Features

Old 06-30-2022, 07:36 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Custom Events Wishlist for EA Sports UFC 5

I dont know if there are still Game Changers or if the devs still come around here. Here's some suggestions for my favorite mode.

Improvements Brainstorm:

- Crowd slowly fills in throughout the night. Empty arena for first prelim. Packed house for main event.

- Fight card segmentation and customization. There are a few real life fight placement designations. If you kept the 11-fight slot system EA Sports UFC 4 uses, it would look like this:
- Fight 11: Main Event (PPV)
- Fight 10: Co-Main Event (PPV)
- Fight 9: Main Card (Feature Bout, PPV)
- Fight 8: Main Card (Swing Bout, PPV)
- Fight 7: Main Card (Opener, PPV)
- Fight 6: Prelim (Featured Prelim, ESPN)
- Fight 5: Prelim (ESPN)
- Fight 4: Prelim (ESPN)
- Fight 3: Prelim (ESPN)
- Fight 2: Early Prelim (ESPN+)
- Fight 1: Early Prelim (ESPN+)

- You could use the above to assign crowd fullness to fight designation. You could also build custom commentary to match the fight on the card. "Our first fight of the evening (Fight 1)". "Our first fight on ESPN tonight." "Now time for our Featured Prelim." "Opening up the PPV is..." "Time for the Co-Main Event." "Next up is the Main Event."

- Have Bruce Buffer say "Co-Main Event." When PPV opens say "We are...LIVE!".

- An intro package to the event. Especially to open PPV. Maybe a shot of the arena from outside. Have Anik/DC standing cageside doing the hype job. Show footage of the fighter weigh ins. Maybe some staredowns from press conferences. Help build a narrative for the event before jumping into the first fight.

- Assign fight types such as:
- Title fight
- Unification title fight
- Champion vs. Interim champion
- Champion vs. Champion
- Interim title fight
- Vacant title fight

- By assigning designations above, you could again create custom commentary. Buffer wouldn't introduce someone simply as "the challenger" in certain fight types. He'd reference them as "the interim champion" or "the middleweight champion." He'd also introduce the fight differently. "This fight is for the interim lightweight title." For a vacant title he'd introduce both as challengers instead of the red corner as champion.

- This could also help trigger the PPV intro segment commentary from Anik/DC. "These fighters are looking to capture the interim title tonight, and then unify the title with the champion who is out of action and unable to compete right now."

- Assign a ranking to fighters. This would then trigger Buffer to announce their ranking when doing fighter intros.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2022, 12:10 AM   #2
Rookie

west coast offense's Arena

Re: Custom Events Wishlist for EA Sports UFC 5

I want

PRIDE FC

WEC

Strikeforce

PANCRASE

Some kind of generic kickboxing league with actual kickboxing gloves

All available in career and in exhibition

I want that stuff instead of being able to dress up like a bear if im being honest

Oh and grappling only without gloves on ffs*
Old 07-02-2022, 12:37 AM   #3
Rookie

west coast offense's Arena

Ufc classic with no gloves jiu jitsu gi's and wrestling shoes? Possibilities are endless.
Old 07-02-2022, 01:30 AM   #4
Rookie

To cheer up the guys who play offline and are from the UFC Undisputed 3 generation:
- Possibility to wear CAF outfits on the real fighters
- Alternative locations (like EA MMA)
- Pride, WEC, Strikeforce Locations on display and event mode
- Title Mode and Title Defense Mode
- Timing options, Boxing gloves, jiu jitsu GI outfits in training mode
- More gyms for training mode
- Different skins for fighters (Aldo 2011, Jones 2013, Belfort 2013, Minotauro 2009...)
More options for CAF creators
Old 07-04-2022, 08:05 AM   #5
Pro

With the direction they're going, we might end up seeing alt. skins for the fighters that are microtransactions. Nobody likes it, but it'll be the sole way that they'll consider it as it's merely for the "hardcore" crowd.

There are different locations but they are locked to career mode or the "MK" mode. The EAUFC3 gyms were enough for me, but they were only playable in the boring career mode 'challenges' you needed to do.

Title defense mode might be a marginal 'gain' gameplay-wise, but it would be so easy to program in that it baffles me why it isn't.

Never even thought of "gloveless" option but same thing: very easy to implement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2022, 11:48 AM   #6
MVP

I would love a Pride or Strikeforce venue, but I don't think most modern MMA fans were around for the promotions. I just don't see it happening.

I do want some new modern arenas, but mostly with a few experience enhancements.

Etihad Arena (Fight Island, Abu Dhabi)
-This is going to be an annual location for the UFC.

Marvel Stadium (Melbourne, Australia)
-Would actually FEEL different than other arenas since it's a stadium and not arena. Also, like Brazil, would be ideal to give a audio crowd enhancer for when Volkanovski/Adesanya/Tuivasa/Hooker and other Oceania fighters fight here.

The Apex
-I know it's in, but would want it to have the standard bells and whistles (walkout, Buffer intros, commentary) that it currently lacks by being just a DWCS package. Again, this venue would FEEL different, which is a common complaint for those that don't care about adding arenas (they all feel the same).

Old 07-07-2022, 01:34 PM   #7
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Honestly, they haven’t worked on event mode and it is still 100% the same as it was in UFC 2.

I have bought every UFC game including UFC 4 since the very first THQ game on PS3. Unless they do a lot to improve the single player offline experience I will finally skip one. I have no desire to play online against people who are younger than me, with more time to invest in learning the game, and faster reaction times then me.

As of right now UFC games have no replay value and the only people who are still playing UFC 4 are online competitive guys.

For UFC 5 to be even remotely worth a purchase for me there has to be

1) a more current and update roster. They can no longer rely on “legends” who are now fighting for bellator. I need to be able to actually recreate fights that are happening in the real world

2) massive additions or improvements to offline mode. I would love a promoter mode, where the game generates created fighters or rookies, and older fighters age and retire. Rankings are tracked and there is a story that plays out over your careeR. I would even take a universe mode similar to WWE 2k

2a) or…. Just improve event mode so it feels like I am actually running a real UFC event.

3) fighter individualities. I want to feel like I am actually fighting the real life counterparts of any given fighter when I am playing the AI. I.E. no more matt Hughes throwing 50 head kicks in a fight, or Chuck Liddell going for 20 takedowns. I would also like more signature style punches and or kicks and moves similar to UFC 3 from THQ. I.E. rampages hooks, or Dan Henderson straight right

4) I would also like to see a separation on tuners from competitive to more sim. Competitive could be more skill based for the online crowd, and simulation could have more random events like one punch knockouts, doctor stoppages, and injuries

Last edited by Therebelyell626; 07-07-2022 at 01:41 PM.
Old 07-07-2022, 03:44 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Honestly, they haven’t worked on event mode and it is still 100% the same as it was in UFC 2.

I have bought every UFC game including UFC 4 since the very first THQ game on PS3. Unless they do a lot to improve the single player offline experience I will finally skip one. I have no desire to play online against people who are younger than me, with more time to invest in learning the game, and faster reaction times then me.

As of right now UFC games have no replay value and the only people who are still playing UFC 4 are online competitive guys.

For UFC 5 to be even remotely worth a purchase for me there has to be

1) a more current and update roster. They can no longer rely on “legends” who are now fighting for bellator. I need to be able to actually recreate fights that are happening in the real world

2) massive additions or improvements to offline mode. I would love a promoter mode, where the game generates created fighters or rookies, and older fighters age and retire. Rankings are tracked and there is a story that plays out over your careeR. I would even take a universe mode similar to WWE 2k

2a) or…. Just improve event mode so it feels like I am actually running a real UFC event.

3) fighter individualities. I want to feel like I am actually fighting the real life counterparts of any given fighter when I am playing the AI. I.E. no more matt Hughes throwing 50 head kicks in a fight, or Chuck Liddell going for 20 takedowns. I would also like more signature style punches and or kicks and moves similar to UFC 3 from THQ. I.E. rampages hooks, or Dan Henderson straight right

4) I would also like to see a separation on tuners from competitive to more sim. Competitive could be more skill based for the online crowd, and simulation could have more random events like one punch knockouts, doctor stoppages, and injuries
I think 2a is more realistic, although I'm a champions for 2.

The legends part, I agree with wanting as much of the current roster as possible. But I also would prefer they never remove anyone they don't have to. I dont care if they aren't in the UFC. Don't wanna use em? Cool. But I will use every character in my offline Franchise Mode. I need fighters!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »