Home

Takedown Defense Animations

This is a discussion on Takedown Defense Animations within the EA Sports UFC Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2017, 12:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Takedown Defense Animations

Sprawling is way too common when defending takedowns. So are push aways. The default and most common animation when defending takedowns should be the over-under or double under clinch. (The player shouldn’t have to use advanced controls or have a high level of wrestling to defend takedowns by clinching)

Only takedowns defended very early in the takedown window should result in the sprawl or push away animations.

In the UFC, most defended takedowns result in the clinch (commonly one fighter getting pushed against the cage). Sprawls and push aways are not nearly as common as they are in the games.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2018, 07:49 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Takedown Defense Animations

Also you should be able to take a person down if he is rocked and holding headblock. Like 95% of the time, at least with a double leg. I cant understand how thats not possible most times.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Online »