Home

Ultimate Team is Turning Into A Cesspool

This is a discussion on Ultimate Team is Turning Into A Cesspool within the EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2016, 07:37 PM   #25
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ultimate Team is Turning Into A Cesspool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
I've already had some fights against guys with +9 OVR. Is it just me, or does it seem to be more common at LW?
Fought a guy with +9 OVR in HW.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2016, 08:58 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
I don't mind it for the most part. Beating a guy's 80 OVR with a 69 OVR is so gratifying. Coming up against a good player though can really suck.
It doesn't impact me (or presumably you) because we're out of division 1 anyway, but for new players it could easily turn people off from the mode completely when they start fresh and get matched up against a few 80+ guys.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:04 PM   #27
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
It doesn't impact me (or presumably you) because we're out of division 1 anyway, but for new players it could easily turn people off from the mode completely when they start fresh and get matched up against a few 80+ guys.
Oh, I totally agree with making it so deleted fighters never start back off in Division 1 if they got to at least Division 3.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:32 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Oh, I totally agree with making it so deleted fighters never start back off in Division 1 if they got to at least Division 3.
That doesn't really fix it though. People will just delete at whatever the cutoff is. They need to make divisional points stick with a slot even if the fighter is deleted.
Old 04-22-2016, 07:06 AM   #29
Rookie

I'm kinda new to the Ultimate Team and play offline, but what if the Division dropping was tied to the team level to prevent deleting fighters and new ones starting off in Division one?

Like say if you pass Team Level 12 /13, if you delete a fighter and make a new one you go back to Division 2 or 3 which ever is more reasonable.
Old 04-24-2016, 01:59 PM   #30
curmudgeon

norml's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Something as simple as allowing you to remove a card and place it on another fighter could actually help out a lot.
This is possible. Say you are using your HW and want to switch to your LW. Before you switch, go to My Fighter and then Moves. Hit R2 and it will show you the move card that is currently equipped in each slot. When you come to a Universal move, hit Triangle (PS4) to remove the the card. It will now be available to equip on your LW when you switch over. It can be time consuming but works.

PS4- zappaforever
Old 04-24-2016, 03:06 PM   #31
Just started!

I just wanna touch on unfair matchups in general here, and I really hope the devs read this! I made a post back on the old forum about how I thought there should be an optional division priority filter to have the game make an increased effort to match you up with someone in your own division at the cost of longer matchmaking times, but the feedback on that was a little mixed, primarily because the higher level players were worried that they would never find a match at all in UT if this existed, and understandably so.

I've come to realize though it's not necessarily division mismatches that I have a problem with as much as being matched up with fighters with insanely higher stats than mine.

I've come to a point with my fighter where I've gotten to divsion 3 just sheerly on skill and not spending any money on packs whatsoever. I may have got matched up with some people along the way that had higher stats than my fighter, but I would usually be able to ultimately beat them in the skill department. Now I'm at the point where my low fighter stats coupled with all the skills that I've learned ever since the beta can no longer suffice. Since I'm divsion 3, the game now matches me up with divsion 4's and 5's fairly regularly. And this is where it gets frustrating, because not only do these people have much higher stats (some with 99 STU even, where as my fighter is currently at just 73 STU), but they now seem to be matching me in the skill department too, so I don't even have that to fall back on anymore, and I helplessly lose every time. It's just frustrating because I feel like there's nothing I can do, plus I don't even get any extra coins for being fed to the wolves.

Personally, I believe the least that could be done is to compensate players for being put into unfair matchups via a coin bonus, perhaps it could be called a "Tough Matchup" bonus? It could come into play whenever there is a division mismatch or a certain amount of stat discrepancy between fighters. To use a possible real life example from this past weekend at UFC 197... do you think OSP got paid the exact same amount of money to step up and fight Jones on a few weeks notice that he got paid to fight Rafael Cavalcante in his last fight? I doubt it. So not only would a "tough matchup" bonus be more fair, but I also believe it would mirror similar situations in real life too.

I used to really like ultimate team, and it was quickly becoming my favorite mode, but now I'm quickly realizing the dilemma of not spending money on packs in this mode and I'm beginning to lose motivation to even play it anymore. I feel like I've reached a dead end of sorts, not as in the good "Welp, I guess I've beaten the game!" kind of of way, but rather the bad "I've reached the final boss that is impossible to defeat due to bad game design" kind of way.

Of course there are stark realities that contribute to this problem that can't necessarily be fixed, such as low player populations coupled with that select population being divided between the 4 weight classes in UT, but I believe coin compensation should be an easy and reasonable partial solution to the problem I detailed. At least that way if I decide to play UT, I will know at least one of two positive things will happen.. either a) I get a good fair matchup, or b) I get a bad unfair matchup and get helplessly dominated BUT I get a nifty coin bonus to put towards that next pack to help make my fighter better in hopes that I can someday hang with the higher division players' fighters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2016, 03:31 PM   #32
Rookie

JRed529's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppaWeelie
I just wanna touch on unfair matchups in general here, and I really hope the devs read this! I made a post back on the old forum about how I thought there should be an optional division priority filter to have the game make an increased effort to match you up with someone in your own division at the cost of longer matchmaking times, but the feedback on that was a little mixed, primarily because the higher level players were worried that they would never find a match at all in UT if this existed, and understandably so.

I've come to realize though it's not necessarily division mismatches that I have a problem with as much as being matched up with fighters with insanely higher stats than mine.

I've come to a point with my fighter where I've gotten to divsion 3 just sheerly on skill and not spending any money on packs whatsoever. I may have got matched up with some people along the way that had higher stats than my fighter, but I would usually be able to ultimately beat them in the skill department. Now I'm at the point where my low fighter stats coupled with all the skills that I've learned ever since the beta can no longer suffice. Since I'm divsion 3, the game now matches me up with divsion 4's and 5's fairly regularly. And this is where it gets frustrating, because not only do these people have much higher stats (some with 99 STU even, where as my fighter is currently at just 73 STU), but they now seem to be matching me in the skill department too, so I don't even have that to fall back on anymore, and I helplessly lose every time. It's just frustrating because I feel like there's nothing I can do, plus I don't even get any extra coins for being fed to the wolves.

Personally, I believe the least that could be done is to compensate players for being put into unfair matchups via a coin bonus, perhaps it could be called a "Tough Matchup" bonus? It could come into play whenever there is a division mismatch or a certain amount of stat discrepancy between fighters. To use a possible real life example from this past weekend at UFC 197... do you think OSP got paid the exact same amount of money to step up and fight Jones on a few weeks notice that he got paid to fight Rafael Cavalcante in his last fight? I doubt it. So not only would a "tough matchup" bonus be more fair, but I also believe it would mirror similar situations in real life too.

I used to really like ultimate team, and it was quickly becoming my favorite mode, but now I'm quickly realizing the dilemma of not spending money on packs in this mode and I'm beginning to lose motivation to even play it anymore. I feel like I've reached a dead end of sorts, not as in the good "Welp, I guess I've beaten the game!" kind of of way, but rather the bad "I've reached the final boss that is impossible to defeat due to bad game design" kind of way.

Of course there are stark realities that contribute to this problem that can't necessarily be fixed, such as low player populations coupled with that select population being divided between the 4 weight classes in UT, but I believe coin compensation should be an easy and reasonable partial solution to the problem I detailed. At least that way if I decide to play UT, I will know at least one of two positive things will happen.. either a) I get a good fair matchup, or b) I get a bad unfair matchup and get helplessly dominated BUT I get a nifty coin bonus to put towards that next pack to help make my fighter better in hopes that I can someday hang with the higher division players' fighters.
Excellent post. I agree with what you are saying and think it's an amazing idea. While it may not be a fix-all, it's definitely a small thing that could go a long way to increasing the longevity of the mode for those of us who do not spend money on packs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team »