Home

Ground fighters athleticism

This is a discussion on Ground fighters athleticism within the EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2016, 01:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ground fighters athleticism

Any word from the dev on changing this? I think it is offensive to ground based fighters to act like they have the athleticism of an 8 year old girl.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2016, 01:24 PM   #2
Rookie

JRed529's Arena

Re: Ground fighters athleticism

It's all about balance. Ground fighters have lots of base moves that give them a pretty big advantage (install MT clinch for BJJ). Not to mention a boxer's base ground ratings are in the 50's-60's. So if it goes to the ground, it's pretty much gg.

I think it's fine right now to be honest. If you start giving BJJ guys iron jaws, there will be no reason to use any other build.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:31 PM   #3
Rookie

I feel like taking it out of there striking base would be fine. I hate an OP ground guy as much as anyone else but they should at least be able to take a couple shots. No reason to give them KO power but enough chin to setup a takedown.

My boxer had a 60 ground rating and I beat people with 90+ on the ground a lot. I don't know anyone with a ground base that wins on the feet even fighting scrubs and it is mostly the chin.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:38 PM   #4
Rookie

JRed529's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt fists
I feel like taking it out of there striking base would be fine. I hate an OP ground guy as much as anyone else but they should at least be able to take a couple shots. No reason to give them KO power but enough chin to setup a takedown.

My boxer had a 60 ground rating and I beat people with 90+ on the ground a lot. I don't know anyone with a ground base that wins on the feet even fighting scrubs and it is mostly the chin.
I definitely see where you are coming from, and even agree with you somewhat. I just worry that if the ground fighters don't have a real weakness like their chin, then they become incredibly over powered. If they can take the same amount of punishment as a boxer, or MT fighter, then what is their true weakness?
Old 04-21-2016, 01:42 PM   #5
Rookie

Right after saying that I fought three ground fighters in a row who subbed me in the first. Maybe I underestimate the balance. They were getting gates on the sub before I would have had time to escape even without them defending.

So new question at some point is the statistical sub advantage large enough that the subs are basically free? Or was I just caught at the right moment (low stam, grapple advantage or whatever)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2016, 01:50 PM   #6
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

thier subs start in the 70's as a fresh player. maybe they had the cards to boost it higher. most likely you were either low on stam or they used either triangle or kimura to setup the armbar. you only need 3 gates on those armbar transition subs.

honestly im surprised more people don't try free style wrestler over jiu jitsu. They have a higher chin rating and dominate ground game, just don't have the JJ subs.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:51 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRed529
I definitely see where you are coming from, and even agree with you somewhat. I just worry that if the ground fighters don't have a real weakness like their chin, then they become incredibly over powered. If they can take the same amount of punishment as a boxer, or MT fighter, then what is their true weakness?
I am starting to see your point. There really is no other way to balance it. As much as I hate getting flash KOed the takedown is high percentage enough that allowing ground guys to take punishment would ensure they get the takedown eventually.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:55 PM   #8
Rookie

JRed529's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
thier subs start in the 70's as a fresh player. maybe they had the cards to boost it higher. most likely you were either low on stam or they used either triangle or kimura to setup the armbar. you only need 3 gates on those armbar transition subs.

honestly im surprised more people don't try free style wrestler over jiu jitsu. They have a higher chin rating and dominate ground game, just don't have the JJ subs.
Alot of people like the instant MT clinch which comes standard with BJJ and MT fighters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team »