Home

OVR should determine division

This is a discussion on OVR should determine division within the EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2016, 05:52 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: OVR should determine division

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarceChoke
I believe the best way would be that you can delete fighters as much as you want, but you will not retain ANY attributes or moves you put on that fighter.

Some may complain that this is harsh, but you only need 4 slots for a full team. That 5th spot is there for a reason.
A) I agree that you shouldn't be able to keep the cards you used on a fighter. The only exception I would make is that they could allow you to swap a card of equal or greater rank into the same slot and keep it.

B ) I think we need a couple more fighter slots. You can't even have one of each style right now. I've got a boxer, a MT fighter, a karate fighter and two BJJ guys right now (in extremely different divisions). I'd like to have a wrestler and/or a kickboxer but I'm loathe to delete any of my existing fighters. Extra slots wouldn't give anybody an advantage, in fact it would make the other fighters in that weight class a little worse since you're splitting cards one more way. I think 8 slots would be best.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:08 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

I haven't really played UT at all since I had match ups like facing a 90 OVR against my 78, a 80 against my 70 etc. At that point it's just not fun anymore. They definitely need to do something besides the leaderboard reset because most people that reset CAFs still will and they'll still be fighting in Div 1 with high stats.

There should be some kind of balance with matchmaking, I could see a lot of nonpaying players leaving pretty fast otherwise.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:38 AM   #11
Rookie

In fairness this would be a wet dream for dick heads like me...

Every 24 hours I delete a character and using no move cards or even perks farm a record of about 20-0 ( with 0 stamina) before I start facing people who actually know how to play

If you make it based on ovr then my character would stay in div 1/2 for eternity while I try to farm enough attribute cards for my mains

I completely agree that something needs to be done but I'm being completely honest that I personally would abuse this situation to "equalise" the unfairness of people with maxed out stats from buying packs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2016, 09:47 AM   #12
Rookie

I like this idea op suggested. No matter how good you are right now, you still have very low chance of beating fighters that are 8-10+ stats above you esp the longer the fight last so you don't have that element of surprise. Fighting the 100 OVR stand ups with my 74 OVR like I'm stuck in quicksand.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:53 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by segap
In fairness this would be a wet dream for dick heads like me...

Every 24 hours I delete a character and using no move cards or even perks farm a record of about 20-0 ( with 0 stamina) before I start facing people who actually know how to play

If you make it based on ovr then my character would stay in div 1/2 for eternity while I try to farm enough attribute cards for my mains

I completely agree that something needs to be done but I'm being completely honest that I personally would abuse this situation to "equalise" the unfairness of people with maxed out stats from buying packs
What's the problem? They can just implement a harsh penalty for people abusing the delete a fighter bs like if they do it everyday, everything they unlocked would be erased. Who cares if you farm attribute points for your fighters, once you use those fighters with maxed out stats, you'll be fighting people with similar OVR so that's a non issue.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:17 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterRay
What's the problem? They can just implement a harsh penalty for people abusing the delete a fighter bs like if they do it everyday, everything they unlocked would be erased. Who cares if you farm attribute points for your fighters, once you use those fighters with maxed out stats, you'll be fighting people with similar OVR so that's a non issue.

Well without sounding like a cocky wanker I'll destroy people with a similar overall because I have more experience / knowledge than the typical fresh newbie. But still it's a better system than what's currently in place.

As bad as I feel though for destroying div 1 people once a day I feel as though it was forced on my by EA. By the attribute cards they've essentially allowed people to have a team full of TOTY Ronaldo / Messi et el. Like in all my years of fifa UT I met maybe 5 at most maxed out teams. I regularly meet 94+ cafs at the top LW rankings.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:24 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by segap
Well without sounding like a cocky wanker I'll destroy people with a similar overall because I have more experience / knowledge than the typical fresh newbie. But still it's a better system than what's currently in place.

As bad as I feel though for destroying div 1 people once a day I feel as though it was forced on my by EA. By the attribute cards they've essentially allowed people to have a team full of TOTY Ronaldo / Messi et el. Like in all my years of fifa UT I met maybe 5 at most maxed out teams. I regularly meet 94+ cafs at the top LW rankings.
Yeah, at this point I don't think there is a way to totally make it fair for everyone but what the OP is suggesting at least gives people with low OVR a fighting chance, and newbies won't quit out of frustration from fighting high lvled fighters.

That's true in other online games, especially ranked fights in UFC 2, if you are skilled enough you can still beat Jon Jones with Foresst Griffin.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2016, 11:47 PM   #16
Rookie

what is the best way to building up a fighter quickly. I like using a boxer or kickboxer. I have about 1100 different cards to choose from?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team »