Home

How Ultimate Team should be done next game IMO

This is a discussion on How Ultimate Team should be done next game IMO within the EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2016, 03:01 PM   #1
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

OVR: 0
How Ultimate Team should be done next game IMO

Okay, so almost everyone knows that the boxer is the best style to use to begin with because of their athleticism stats. This is just wrong. A person who trains a martial art is going to be in pretty good shape (for base stats) as well. So why aren't the athleticism stats a flat base throughout the different styles? They should be.

So lets give every style the same base athleticism stats. However, each style will have its advantages in certain areas of martial arts. Boxers would have better striking and blocking. BJJ guys would have better ground and submission stats. Wrestlers would have better takedown and top game stats. And so on, and so on.

Here is where I completely overhaul the system. Why base the cards on the division they fight in? Why not make the cards based on the styles? This means you would have to pick different styles to learn to play. Have universal cards still, but have those cards be more about base things like strikes and grappling that every fighter could do. So now, you aren't worried about your division. You are worried about your style. You would get style specific cards. Ex: A 5* submission would work on a BJJ fighter, wrestler, and MMA fighter. It would not be compatible with a boxer or karate fighter. Tie sub defense to attribute cards the universal basic grappling cards. I still want attribute cards to be style based, but we need a way to improve a style's sub defense stats.

Make the packs style specific. Now we have people using all different styles, and learning more aspects of the game. It is a win, win in my opinion. It makes people have to learn to use other aspects of the game, or they could choose to stick with one fighter and buy style specific packs.

Unrelated, but I would also like to see body types and height have an effect on your stat caps. This would help balance out everyone having to make the tallest fighters. You would be risking another aspect by making fighters unrealistic to their division.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2016, 03:08 PM   #2
curmudgeon

norml's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: How Ultimate Team should be done next game IMO

Good ideas. I think the main priority should be to even out the base athleticism stats. I don't see why this can't be done via patch.

PS4- zappaforever
Old 05-05-2016, 03:16 PM   #3
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by norml
Good ideas. I think the main priority should be to even out the base athleticism stats. I don't see why this can't be done via patch.
Yeah, the athleticism stats need to be changed to a default across the board this game. The other things would more than likely need a whole rework of the system and need to wait for the next game.
Old 05-05-2016, 04:36 PM   #4
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5

I don't think the issue is with the varying base Athleticism stats as much as it is in relation to the base Standup / Clinch / Ground difference.

A boxer having better Chin/Body/Toughness than a BJJ guy for instance is perfectly fine. But the realistic difference in Ground isn't there. If it was skewed more meaning the BJJ has the same ath but has a higher base ground and the boxer has the same ath and a lower base ground (because honestly a pure boxer know dick about the ground) it would balance itself out better and make for a more unique experience.

You are right now though it's a lot easier to just make a boxer and pump up their deficiencies and let the game call you a "mixed martial artist" rather than making a BJJ guy and trying to get his Chin rating up lol. Good luck with that.
Old 05-05-2016, 05:11 PM   #5
Rookie

What they also need to do is have one weight class. Have different fighter styles in that weight class but you need to have the entire player pool in one section instead of dividing it out by 4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2016, 05:25 PM   #6
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by segap
What they also need to do is have one weight class. Have different fighter styles in that weight class but you need to have the entire player pool in one section instead of dividing it out by 4
At least two. One woman's and one men's. I would go with three though. WBW, WW, HW.
Old 05-05-2016, 05:27 PM   #7
Banned

GUCCI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia
I don't think the issue is with the varying base Athleticism stats as much as it is in relation to the base Standup / Clinch / Ground difference.

A boxer having better Chin/Body/Toughness than a BJJ guy for instance is perfectly fine. But the realistic difference in Ground isn't there. If it was skewed more meaning the BJJ has the same ath but has a higher base ground and the boxer has the same ath and a lower base ground (because honestly a pure boxer know dick about the ground) it would balance itself out better and make for a more unique experience.

You are right now though it's a lot easier to just make a boxer and pump up their deficiencies and let the game call you a "mixed martial artist" rather than making a BJJ guy and trying to get his Chin rating up lol. Good luck with that.
That would be unbalanced. The stats already start very low 59 ground.

Idk what you guys are saying. Every style has his strengths. I have one greco wrestler caf with 90% win ratio. If I face a boxer he is not getting up at all. I lay on him like ben askren.
Old 05-05-2016, 05:46 PM   #8
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUCCI
Idk what you guys are saying. Every style has his strengths. I have one greco wrestler caf with 90% win ratio. If I face a boxer he is not getting up at all. I lay on him like ben askren.
We know that, but it isn't always easy to get someone down. Especially if you aren't using a CAF with good stats. Right now, the boxer is the best style to choose hands down. If you were facing you, who would you pick as the default?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team »