Home

Do ground stats even matter

This is a discussion on Do ground stats even matter within the EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2016, 08:19 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Icon4 Do ground stats even matter

It really seems like ground stats don't matter
It really seems like having a 5 point OVR and 10 point stat difference (besides subs) doesnt really have an impact like it does in striking. Anybody else notice this as well, you have a beefed up grappler and you get swept, denied, and can't deny with full stamina against someone you should have a clear advantage over. By picking a grappler base you are forced to deal with the glass chin, the bonus of the ground skills doesn't have the trade off it should. Anybody else notice this? I have a wrestler with 83 ground just fought a boxer with 62, couldn't deny anything and he was able to hold me down. Yet with his 79 to my 69 stand up I am at a clear disadvantage. What gives?
Also please for the love of God fix the lag on the standing takedowns, so sick of having it timed perfectly only to have my fighter squat like he has to fart, or like how fish described an "old man stumbling to pick up a penny". Or when they don't close the distance like they are trained to do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2016, 06:43 AM   #2
Rookie

Jedi Jitsu's Arena

Re: Do ground stats even matter

Why don't you just play ranked or something dude.. clearly you don't enjoy UT.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:52 AM   #3
Rookie

whole stats in this game are messed up.
I found out ingame that 66 punch speed is equal to 85 punch speed.
and that 89 top game will have problems with 62 off the back.
it s pathetic
Old 05-17-2016, 06:54 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Jitsu
Why don't you just play ranked or something dude.. clearly you don't enjoy UT.
Actually I really like UT, I just have some frustrations with it. And most of my frustrations stem from imbalances in the tuning of the game. Also the earning coins and opening packs keeps it interesting, if we could earn coins in ranked I would happily jump back and forth. I like the live event competition, but fighting the same 2 fighters over and over again gets boring quick, plus the equal stats kind of kills the whole striker vs grappler dynamic .
In general I prefer to use cafs that I can tailor to my style and to be creative . It the closest I can get to ranked fights like in Undisputed 3 days
Old 05-17-2016, 09:17 AM   #5
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

I actually feel like ground stats make a very big difference

I would rather fight a guy with 90 standup when I have 80 standup....than a guy who has 90 ground when I have 80 ground...I feel like my skill/experience can usually make up for that 10 points on the feet; whereas my skill/experience doesn't play as big a role on the ground, so stats are much bigger deal.
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2016, 09:23 AM   #6
Rookie

Not sure if theres an imbalance but i'm guessing whoever is host or people with better pings get a much bigger advantage on the ground than on the feet as the miliseconds advantage u get has a big effect on countering transitions or performing subs(have had a sub defence gate pushed half out as soon as the sub hud comes up)

Last edited by Sivo; 05-17-2016 at 09:42 AM.
Old 05-24-2016, 09:16 AM   #7
Rookie

acetheredcomet's Arena

I have found that since making a ground and pound/submission fighter, stamina is key as it will impact damage and submission transition speed. my gripe is that even with 80~90+ sub stats, a 60+ without escape artist still has fast defense gates.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:24 AM   #8
Rookie

IMO ground stats matter, i have a hard time on the ground against people with high ground stats compared to low

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team »