Home

Too late to start UT?

This is a discussion on Too late to start UT? within the EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2016, 03:56 PM   #1
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

OVR: 0
Too late to start UT?

So I put a decent amount of time into UT. I made it to lvl 35, with a pretty solid W/L. I stopped playing for a month or so though, and just came back to it the other night. I made a new fighter, a BJJ guy. With all the moves, and attribute cards I own in his weight class, he ended up 68 OVR.

I have 2 other fighters, with most of my universals on my Woman's BW, she comes to 72 OVR. I have a wrestler at 67.

So this new fighter I made. I start playing and...

-My 1st fight is a good one. Similar stats, no cheese. Good fight.
-Fight 2 my opponent is a body jab/straight cheeser, but we have equal stats so no problems.
-3rd fight in and this guy has 74 OVR. I get the job done.
-4th fight. For the belt. Guy is 78 OVR. Div 3. Awesome matchmaking.
-5th fight. First title defense. Guy has 80 OVR, and is DIV 3....

I win that fight after getting lucky with a parry-counter that flashed him. Annnd then I stop playing.

At this point I'm literally still in div 1, fighting div 3 guys with 22 point stat advantages.

22 points......

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2016, 04:10 PM   #2
Rookie

chackfalco's Arena

Re: Too late to start UT?

You could play SP a bit to earn some coins to up your stats, or you could absorb the losses til you get better stats. It's not too late but yea you'll have a rough start if you can't beat people that have a stat advantage on you
Old 05-26-2016, 04:43 PM   #3
Rookie

Yeah, at this point it's not even worth going to div 4 and beyond cause every match you are going to get paired with are the people who are 90+ that maxed out on stand up, clinch and ground defense stats. They also exploit the hit stuns, flying subs, rubber guard and combo multipliers. I just play in lower divisions for fun these days and to earn coins so I can potentially get my fighters higher OVRS eventually.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:18 AM   #4
Rookie

Funny enough that I didn't have a single division 1 fight yesterday even though I was division 1. So yeah, to all the people saying farming noobs.. Matchmaking is so bad it doesn't even let you do that. And it's way too easy, not any fun at all. But if you are low you could stay in lower divisions haz. You don't need a ultra high caf. 75 is enough to beat even most of the 82-85 rated fighters. You should focus on ground game since a lot of people in ultimate team neglect training this and they are a easy beat on the ground.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:25 AM   #5
Rookie

Dudes, how do you know what division people you fight are in?

Haz, I have similar issues. I'm level 39 or something and I'm constantly fighting people with ridiculously higher stats than me. The other day I fought a guy with 97 Standup, followed by a guy with 98 standup.

If I remove all my universals from all fighters and stuff them all onto one fighter, the best I can get is about 87 standup. Hate to think how much money people are spending on this game. And I've actually bought packs with real money too, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2016, 11:36 AM   #6
Rookie

I started playing this game way late too. I mainly played SP and spent enough time in regular online play to get my daily coin rewards. Racked up lots of losses doing that, but I was able to slowly get my CAFs up to being somewhat competitive. I took lots of beatings to get those 23 takedowns in, lol.

I've been running into rage quitters lately, which is frustrating. I finally got to where I can win consistently, only to have the rage quitting begin.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:43 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenjoebeans
I started playing this game way late too. I mainly played SP and spent enough time in regular online play to get my daily coin rewards. Racked up lots of losses doing that, but I was able to slowly get my CAFs up to being somewhat competitive. I took lots of beatings to get those 23 takedowns in, lol.

I've been running into rage quitters lately, which is frustrating. I finally got to where I can win consistently, only to have the rage quitting begin.

Rage quitters are the best though.

It's the in-game equivalent of tapping to strikes
Old 05-27-2016, 12:09 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConsoleBaddie
Dudes, how do you know what division people you fight are in?

Haz, I have similar issues. I'm level 39 or something and I'm constantly fighting people with ridiculously higher stats than me. The other day I fought a guy with 97 Standup, followed by a guy with 98 standup.

If I remove all my universals from all fighters and stuff them all onto one fighter, the best I can get is about 87 standup. Hate to think how much money people are spending on this game. And I've actually bought packs with real money too, lol.
If a guy has like 29-5 record it's very unlikely that he's div 1, so you could guess he's between div 2 and 3. It's more a thing of common sense. Don't know if there is a way to look up what div someone is. Maybe on their fight card but ain't nobody gut time for dat. My division 1 fighter has 97 stand up, that's nothing special. You'll find them easy to defeat on the ground.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team »