Home

Tournaments

This is a discussion on Tournaments within the EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2016, 02:00 PM   #1
Rookie

JustBlazeM8's Arena

OVR: 0
Tournaments

This was something that was a part of UFC 1, but was never implemented in UFC 2 (apart from LEC, which only happens twice as far as we know).

So, much like in FIFA, would tournaments entice you to play this game mode more? Simple concept: if you win a tournament, you win a prize. This can be themed around current events surrounding UFC at the present time, where you can only enter with a specific weight class. Of course you can't freely manipulate your fighter to fit certain conditions like you can in FIFA, but would the following suggestion intrigue you?

Let me know your thoughts.

Last edited by JustBlazeM8; 06-01-2016 at 10:31 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2016, 08:10 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Tournaments

Yes please!

Why this was never a thing in the first place is beyond me! As you mentioned, it was prominent (albeit dead 99% of the time 2015 onwards) in UFC 1 and is a staple part of the FIFA UT brand.

In my opinion, UFC Ultimate team tournaments should run every weekend with the opportunity to win a weightclass pack/premium pack/coins.

Maybe after the next LEC, use UFC 2XX event weekends to offer a better prize e.g. Premium weightclass pack or a showcase pack

But obviously limited to one entry per ultimate team fighter per weekend.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:33 AM   #3
Rookie

JustBlazeM8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeadchicken89
Yes please!

Why this was never a thing in the first place is beyond me! As you mentioned, it was prominent (albeit dead 99% of the time 2015 onwards) in UFC 1 and is a staple part of the FIFA UT brand.

In my opinion, UFC Ultimate team tournaments should run every weekend with the opportunity to win a weightclass pack/premium pack/coins.

Maybe after the next LEC, use UFC 2XX event weekends to offer a better prize e.g. Premium weightclass pack or a showcase pack

But obviously limited to one entry per ultimate team fighter per weekend.
I don't think it has to be limited to one entry per weekend. Maybe you can win it like 3 times and that's it.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:03 AM   #4
Rookie

A game I used to play, (servers were shutdown towards the end of last year though) Spartacus Legends had a tournament system that I really liked and I think much of it's player base also got a lot of enjoyment from.

You would basically have monthly (though not occuring every month however) tournaments which were divided into 4 weekly sections, you would have both a season leaderboard aswell as a weekly leaderboard. The rewards you get were based on leaderboard ranking and you would get rewards each week aswell as a much bigger reward for the whole season aswell.

The only downside was is that the rankings were more based on time spent in game than player skill, so if a system like this were to be added to UFC 2 windows should probably be implemented, something similar to leagues in Forza 6.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:28 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBlazeM8
I don't think it has to be limited to one entry per weekend. Maybe you can win it like 3 times and that's it.
One entry per ultimate team character = 5 potential attempts. I'm not sure if you mean three attempts total or three attempts per character.

I think having 3 or 4 separate tournament levels would be a suitable option with better prizes the higher the tournament level.

Starter level tournament - Prize = Starter pack +1000 coins

Low level tournament = Weightclass pack + 3000 coins

Mid level tournament = Premium pack + 5000 coins

High level tournament = Premium pack + 8000 coins

Or something of that nature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2016, 12:00 PM   #6
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

some good ideas

Anything that gives people new ways to compete and freshens up online competition has my support!

UFC 2 is already blowing UFC 1 out of the water in this regard; hopefully they'll continue to support/improve this too
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 06-02-2016, 09:24 AM   #7
Rookie

JustBlazeM8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeadchicken89
One entry per ultimate team character = 5 potential attempts. I'm not sure if you mean three attempts total or three attempts per character.

I think having 3 or 4 separate tournament levels would be a suitable option with better prizes the higher the tournament level.

Starter level tournament - Prize = Starter pack +1000 coins

Low level tournament = Weightclass pack + 3000 coins

Mid level tournament = Premium pack + 5000 coins

High level tournament = Premium pack + 8000 coins

Or something of that nature.
I'd suggest that the attempts to win the tournament are unlimited, but you can only win the tournament 3 times with tournament prizes differing per win (as seen in FIFA). I like the idea though!
Old 06-02-2016, 09:41 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBlazeM8
I'd suggest that the attempts to win the tournament are unlimited, but you can only win the tournament 3 times with tournament prizes differing per win (as seen in FIFA). I like the idea though!
Yeah that makes sense to me, maybe you only get the pack + coins on your first win and then just the packs on the subsequent wins.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team »