Home

Pack weights

This is a discussion on Pack weights within the EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2016, 02:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Pack weights

I'm interested to know if anyone else feels like the packs are weighted "strangely"
I don't want to say they're terrible because I've had a LOT of 5 star moves out of packs which is great, however I have in estimation opened easily 200 packs at a conservative guess. I have had ONE 5 star perk and I have never gotten fluidity, risk/reward or marathoner at over 3 stars the entire time.

Does anyone else find certain things to be illusive or at least got 5 5star perks?
Youtube
Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2016, 02:25 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Pack weights

RNG is a cruel mistress

Only had one 5* perk for a couple of months then had a few drop recently.
Guess they are slightly off balance to encourage us to spend some money and to stretch out the game so everyone doesnt max out or get all the moves they want in the first few months. They do expect us to play this mode for a year or 2

Last edited by Sivo; 05-31-2016 at 03:05 PM.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:41 AM   #3
Rookie

In my experience, 5 stars moves are generally universal. I've only ever gotten one 5 star perk (Opportunist) which was for heavyweight, Fluidity (only 3 star) I've only ever gotten once iirc and that was also for heavyweight.

Perks have been pretty rare in premium packs and the vast majority (if not all) 4 star perks I've got were from team level reward packs. Perks like 'The Butcher' and 'Escape Artist' I've found to be pretty rare.

Atleast from what I've seen, 5 star 'showcase' moves are always universal.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:38 AM   #4
Rookie

Showcase, talent, special etc moves are always universal, not only the 5* ones. When it comes to perks I wasn't really to lucky at all. I had5* butcher for mw and a 5* counterpuncher universal which is really decent imo.
Old 06-06-2016, 09:46 AM   #5
Rookie

rkligman's Arena

Lately my packs have been throwing me 3 out of 4 in the LW division. I know this all to well because my LW is the only fighter I've got maxed out. I'm getting good stuff too. Lots of Level 4 cards. It's like it's mocking me.

Now that Item Scouting is turned on though, I may be done with the Packs for awhile. You can get the 4 star cards for the price of a Premium Pack and you know it is specifically what you need. It's a super slow grind though but hey, I've got time now and I'm finding that the Prem. Packs are giving me way too many unusable cards lately (dups or lower star items that are already equipped).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2016, 12:39 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkligman
Lately my packs have been throwing me 3 out of 4 in the LW division. I know this all to well because my LW is the only fighter I've got maxed out. I'm getting good stuff too. Lots of Level 4 cards. It's like it's mocking me.

Now that Item Scouting is turned on though, I may be done with the Packs for awhile. You can get the 4 star cards for the price of a Premium Pack and you know it is specifically what you need. It's a super slow grind though but hey, I've got time now and I'm finding that the Prem. Packs are giving me way too many unusable cards lately (dups or lower star items that are already equipped).
The item scout has been a blessing. Even though I spend a **** ton of coins for refreshing, it brought me the 5* lead body kick for 46k that I was trying to get for so long. Also some ground transitions that I were missing. Now I hope for some 5* universal clinches to boost up my clinch stats. Packs only get me duplicates and even if not its barely anything I can't start something with.
Old 06-12-2016, 03:18 AM   #7
Pro

Do you always have to pay to refresh the item scout? I can only ever see 5 at a time. Plus, all items are locked against UFC points. Do scouted items have to be purchased in coins only?

Sorry for dumb questions. You can probably tell I just started this mode
Old 06-12-2016, 08:07 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksearyback
Do you always have to pay to refresh the item scout? I can only ever see 5 at a time. Plus, all items are locked against UFC points. Do scouted items have to be purchased in coins only?

Sorry for dumb questions. You can probably tell I just started this mode
the scouting refreshes itself every 10 hours or so if im not mistaken

you can use both coins and points to purchase scouted items

hope that helps

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team »