Home

What is with the online community?

This is a discussion on What is with the online community? within the EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2016, 12:08 AM   #1
Rookie

MrFaust's Arena

OVR: 0
What is with the online community?

Let me state I'm not trying to put anyone down nor start any flame war but this has got to be said. I picked up this game because I like MMA and video games, go figure. The game thus far is quite enjoyable up till I try and play online. The Ultimate Team Cheesers out there are out of control. Today I just wanted to sit back and play a few rounds. Low and behold I fought three guys all of the same exact build (maxed out) and met a quick end each fight with my low level fighter by receiving kicks to my mouth area. I don't understand the "fun" in playing this way. What happened to interesting builds and challenging yourself? I find most people here appear to be that sort. Why not the rest of the online community? They out number us by far and I am beginning to feel that my online days are drawling to an end. I don't know, I'm just venting. I've never seen anything like it. Any other time I know I'll catch at least one or two Cheesers but three in a row?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2016, 12:43 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: What is with the online community?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFaust
Let me state I'm not trying to put anyone down nor start any flame war but this has got to be said. I picked up this game because I like MMA and video games, go figure. The game thus far is quite enjoyable up till I try and play online. The Ultimate Team Cheesers out there are out of control. Today I just wanted to sit back and play a few rounds. Low and behold I fought three guys all of the same exact build (maxed out) and met a quick end each fight with my low level fighter by receiving kicks to my mouth area. I don't understand the "fun" in playing this way. What happened to interesting builds and challenging yourself? I find most people here appear to be that sort. Why not the rest of the online community? They out number us by far and I am beginning to feel that my online days are drawling to an end. I don't know, I'm just venting. I've never seen anything like it. Any other time I know I'll catch at least one or two Cheesers but three in a row?
Maybe play Ranked if your fighters are low level? Obviously does not mask the matchmaking issues in UT. Or are you getting this in Ranked online too? At the moment I am just grinding single player until i get to a decent level myself (taking ages )
Old 06-24-2016, 01:10 AM   #3
Rookie

can you define " cheesing" . Are they doing hit stuns? My advice would be to create a ground guy if you are good with subs and ground. It's quite easy to blow through the competition in the early divisions without much work. Then use the coins you earn to gradually build him up.
Old 06-24-2016, 02:25 AM   #4
Rookie

MrFaust's Arena

All three were 6'6", 250 lbs and spammed kicks. The insanity of it was it was three different people who all player nearly the same way. I tried different ways of dealing with them but my guy who was newly created just couldn't keep up with their 10+ overall they had on me (that's more match making than the player) and a loooonnngg reach. LoL. All it took was a few well placed kicks while I attempted to either punch or grapple my way in and I was either stunned or flashed. It was nuts.
Old 06-24-2016, 02:32 AM   #5
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

If your own ps4 comes beat me up Dave2319

On ps4

No ultimate team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2016, 09:36 AM   #6
Rookie

Getting into the UT is sort of a weird process if you're coming to the game late.

I started off by playing a couple of careers, then moving my career CAFs to UT, and then focusing on UT.

My guys were weak for UT, so I mainly played them as single player and tried to do a few of the daily challenges to get more coins. I racked up many, many losses and very few wins for quite some time. It would take me lots of losses to get those damned 23 takedowns in, but I would use that as my goal.

My CAFs were all like 20 wins and 70 losses each at one point. Little by little, my guys got good enough to compete and I started moving up a bit in divisions and some championships. My records are around 70 wins and 90 losses now. I started the game 6-8 weeks after release, so it's taken me some time to get where I am now.

The bad part that you're experiencing is due to people who are good at the game and have built up a nice collection of moves and perks - and these dudes keep deleting their characters and restarting over and over so they can take advantage of new players and get lots of coins. It looks like you're playing a guy who should be playing on a beginner level, but they have jacked up moves and perks and are typically going to be in the low 70s OVR - but with the cherry picked moves and high level perks they can outperform somebody who is starting out and at that level. Plus they probably know how to play the game really well.

I think it's the ultimate cheese to do that from a sportsmanship standpoint, but it is how the game was designed. It sucks for new players in UT.

But, if you play lots of single player and just do the easy daily challenges for awhile (like a month or more) you can ease into a competitive place to play from.

The bad thing is, once you get to a point where you start to win, wimps will start rage quitting on you. That's an different frustration you can look forward to.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:37 AM   #7
Rookie

And there's lots of people on here that do the CAF deleting on a daily basis to get more coins. They just don't talk about it much.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:35 AM   #8
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

This community is pretty toxic; just how it is.

Video Game Nerds + Virtual Violence + Virtual ToughGuy Syndrome + Win At Any Cost attitude = toxic community lol

but there are some cool people out here and some great fights to have, so I guess my advice is, thicken up that skin and keep getting better so you can enjoy whooping those bums
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team »