Home

Why No Double XP or Coins for UT EA??

This is a discussion on Why No Double XP or Coins for UT EA?? within the EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2016, 09:47 AM   #1
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

OVR: 0
Why No Double XP or Coins for UT EA??

Except for one unannounced 'beta test' like a month and a half ago (?) there hasn't been any sort of Double XP or Double Coins type of special event for UT. Why?

I play a few free-to-play games (such as World of Warships; yes I'm a nerd I love it) --- and they all had x2 x3 or even x5 Special Events this past weekend. And those games are 110% based off of Pay To Win type models!

Where in theory this game has that as an 'auxiliary' source of income --- I don't know the numbers but I'm sure microtransactions make up less than 20% of Total Revenue for this game (??)

Regardless....I think EA missed the boat on this....in a way the Live Event Competitions make up for it since those were really fun and provided prizes, but i just think they should have tried running a few of these specials, or even 25% discounts in the store, etc, might have kept a few players around for a bit longer.

I am glad they're doing the 5-hour free trial; good idea; but once you GET new players you have to try and KEEP them or get them more invested

(and no I'm honestly not being that selfish about this hahaha sure I want the bonus, but this is just a general opinion and mostly from an objective point of view lol)
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2016, 09:54 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Why No Double XP or Coins for UT EA??

TBF I don't know of any UT mode that gives as much freebies and the chance to earn extra coins/packs as much as this game already offers.

We have daily rewards
Daily challenges
Live and fantasy events pretty much weekly

You don't get that anywhere else.

Some people are just never happy
Old 07-05-2016, 10:09 AM   #3
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarceChoke
TBF I don't know of any UT mode that gives as much freebies and the chance to earn extra coins/packs as much as this game already offers.

We have daily rewards
Daily challenges
Live and fantasy events pretty much weekly

You don't get that anywhere else.

Some people are just never happy
you know double xp/coins is a thing they already done on ufc 2 in the past? so why wouldn't they do it again lol
Old 07-05-2016, 11:08 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
Except for one unannounced 'beta test' like a month and a half ago (?) there hasn't been any sort of Double XP or Double Coins type of special event for UT. Why?

I play a few free-to-play games (such as World of Warships; yes I'm a nerd I love it) --- and they all had x2 x3 or even x5 Special Events this past weekend. And those games are 110% based off of Pay To Win type models!

Where in theory this game has that as an 'auxiliary' source of income --- I don't know the numbers but I'm sure microtransactions make up less than 20% of Total Revenue for this game (??)

Regardless....I think EA missed the boat on this....in a way the Live Event Competitions make up for it since those were really fun and provided prizes, but i just think they should have tried running a few of these specials, or even 25% discounts in the store, etc, might have kept a few players around for a bit longer.

I am glad they're doing the 5-hour free trial; good idea; but once you GET new players you have to try and KEEP them or get them more invested

(and no I'm honestly not being that selfish about this hahaha sure I want the bonus, but this is just a general opinion and mostly from an objective point of view lol)
Any new players to UT will be unpleasantly greeted by a bunch of low life CAF deleting POS losers who only care about farming coins. Yes, I just said that.
Old 07-05-2016, 11:22 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzBro
you know double xp/coins is a thing they already done on ufc 2 in the past? so why wouldn't they do it again lol
Yes I'm aware of that.

Doesn't change the point I was making.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2016, 12:15 PM   #6
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarceChoke
Yes I'm aware of that.

Doesn't change the point I was making.
you make a couple good points....

....but I don't think they don't totally outweigh the points I made, either

So I win

I see no reason why EA didn't run SOME sort of small special (even 10% off; or +10% coins; etc) for the LONG holiday weekend (and yes I know not all customers are from USA but I'd expect about 2/3rds are)

Especially w/ UFC 200 coming up

ehhh oh well, as I noted, they did do some cool things with LEC, and as you note, they do have Daily Objectives and Video Ads (for some people), so it aint like they didn't try at all
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 07-05-2016, 12:21 PM   #7
Rookie

Forgot about the Ads too. Just loaded up the game and was greeted by one

Seriously though, they're most likely gonna throw us offers and free stuff from time to time. With what we already get daily for nothing, I'm more than happy with that. Like I said, it's 10 times what something like Fifa UT gives you.

The thread title would have you believe we've never gotten anything.
Old 07-05-2016, 02:26 PM   #8
Rookie

yes they give away a few coins here and there with adds and your 500 daily coins but half the time adds dont work and dailys dont register and all the other stuf combined is not more that a few K in coins and these are nice and helpfull but game modes like this need to treat all holidays like promos

and if they can put in special packs for some random fighters b-day they have time to do something special for a holiday hell even madden is still doing things for its people and its new game comes out in a few weeks

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team »