Home

Why does it take so long, to update fight results of Live Events?

This is a discussion on Why does it take so long, to update fight results of Live Events? within the EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2016, 09:09 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Why does it take so long, to update fight results of Live Events?

So, It is Tuesday now, actually 60 hours after UFC Fight Night Hamburg (I was there for the first time live on a UFC Event).
I'm really wondering why it takes so long for the results to update. There is a UFC API which gets you the results in nearly realtime. So why does EA take so long? I mean getting these results usually on monday (EST) are also more than 48 hours.
Please don't tell me, that this is actually implemented to be updated by "hand", (ie. EA Staff inputs db values)?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2016, 09:27 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Why does it take so long, to update fight results of Live Events?

Because ea doesn't work on weekends and even if they work a bunch of monkeys has a higher productivity rate.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:40 AM   #3
Rookie

JustBlazeM8's Arena

I believe one of the developers said it has to do with the art regarding MOTN cards. I can't see why they can't just release the results and update all aesthetics on a card later.

It's a poor showing anyways. I expect the results to be up within 12 hours; especially from a reputable company.

Last edited by JustBlazeM8; 09-06-2016 at 11:43 AM.
Old 09-06-2016, 12:50 PM   #4
Rookie

They're usually out on Monday's aren't they? There was a holiday in Canada on Monday so I'd assume that's why they're late.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:45 PM   #5
Rookie

@connols I bet you're right.
BUT, If I remember correctly, it must be on UFC 198 Event where you saw the "move of the night" cards actually right at the end of the ppv. I joked around to a friend that I wanted to have a 5* Dan Henderson Elbow of death only usable, if someone holds your legs
Then I was kind of a bit dissapointed, that there were no Hendo Elbow...
Then there was an "understandable" delay in - was it 200 - were you could bet on a fight which didn't happen (the last change after Jones etc, I think it was one day before, didn't made weight).
So - as far as I remember MOTN cards came out pretty quick after events, but the rewards always were nearly unacceptable delayed

I had also around 70K coins which I wanted to spend all on Event Packs (just because I saw it live and it would be cool to have kind of a digital souvenir, you know?) after the MOTN were out. But NO, Event Packs gone, no MOTN.

Instead there are ****ty overpriced perk packs. Does anyone near level 60 actually use perks lower than 3* at all (only OP ones i.e. fluidity)?
And NO, I don't want exchange 5 1* for a random 2* and so on....
I would prefer getting 4 3* perks and the rest fitness...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2016, 10:16 PM   #6
MrScaryMuffin

MrScaryMuffin's Arena

Live Events results go up on the first work day after an event. This is because there is a very slim chance of things breaking and I want to have dev support handy just in case.

Monday was Labour Day for us, so the Live Event stuff went out today. Sorry for the delay guys!
Old 09-07-2016, 12:07 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScaryMuffin
Live Events results go up on the first work day after an event. This is because there is a very slim chance of things breaking and I want to have dev support handy just in case.

Monday was Labour Day for us, so the Live Event stuff went out today. Sorry for the delay guys!
Muffin give us happy hour!!!
Old 09-10-2016, 02:46 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3CKL3SS
Muffin give us happy hour!!!
Yes please

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team »