Home

Wbw division

This is a discussion on Wbw division within the EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2017, 03:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Wbw division

So here's the problem with this division.

This division is the less populated division in the game for sure.
1.unable to find opponent
2.opponents with LAGGY connections
3.fighting the same opponent over and over.

How they gonna solve this in EA Ufc 3?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2017, 06:46 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Wbw division

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinmastah
So here's the problem with this division.

This division is the less populated division in the game for sure.
1.unable to find opponent
2.opponents with LAGGY connections
3.fighting the same opponent over and over.

How they gonna solve this in EA Ufc 3?
Hmm I wonder. In ranked the main problem of WBW and WSW is easily identified -> Limited character pool.

I've also heard people say that the lowest weight classes are less popular because it relies too much on the combo multiplier to do damage, unlike heavyweight for example.

Lastly, there's also the problem - although I don't know how significant it is - that the mostly male player base simply doesn't wanna fight as a woman, saying that fighting is "a man's sport". I've met several people who are turned off by women's MMA, saying they don't wanna watch because either they don't like to watch women bleed or because it's "unskilled". (go tell Joanna Jędrzejczyk that lol)
Old 01-18-2017, 09:40 AM   #3
Pro

They're idiots and need to grow a set.

Personally I love the women divisions, UT is boring with 7/10 people being matched over and over, fighting the same guy 2-3 times in an hour is meh.

Ranked, essentially 90% choose JJ.

Playing vs friends or in leagues, Id choose the womens div over any other. I enjoy the speed and timing needed. I also like the smaller weights as they work better for my play style tho
Old 01-19-2017, 03:11 AM   #4
Rookie

I will give my take on the responses given= Being a 55 year old ex boxer I hated women's boxing when it came on the seen and it killed a lot of cards and even slowed the Golden Gloves to a crawl as there just weren't enough of talented women. Now as a fan of MMA since the earliest televised fights when it was set up more like a tough man contest my outlook has changed drastically. The talent pool in the UFC is pretty steep and the women go at it as hard as the men. As for the WBW division in UFC-2 UT I is the hardest division out of the 4 in many aspects which is probably due to it being the least populated weight class. I have only been playing the game 6 months after my youngest son got me hooked on it so I am no gaming expert. My UT has all 5 fighters in Div-4 and my overall record is 429-133. You would think that being an ex boxer that stand-up would be my favorite aspect of the game but in actuality I find the ground game the most complex and cerebral part of the game. I didn't have a title fight with my LW fighter who was undefeated until about 1/4 of the way through Div-2. On the flipside I had my first title fight in the WBW Division in my 5th fight against a guy with close to 2,000 fights under his belt! I remember this vividally because it is still one of my favorite moments playing the game. I faced some idiot who could of finished me 3 or 4 times both standing and on the ground but would let me up everytime so he could go to the middle of the octagon and taunt. What he didn't realize was that I waited 5 months before using my UT as I wanted to be good enough at all 3 aspects of the game and be competitive and not one of those guys who deletes fighters on a steady basis. So I had 5 months worth of cards stored up that I used on my first 3 fighters who were pretty solid from the start. Anyway in the 5th round he had me on the ground and drained my stamina and mounted me only to let me up to taunt me and with 20 seconds left got knocked out lol! That was the first time I ever went to message someone and he was off line. But I was shocked when I looked at his stats= as he had over 2,000 fights, the highest division he reached was 6 and he was on his longest defense streak ever with 21, so I guess he was breaking furniture. I must of had a total of 35 fights at the time. But all jokes aside WBW is the one division where just about everyone has a decent grasp of the ground game from the start and you don't get hate messages from guys calling you a ***** for not standing like Rockem - Sockem Robots if you take the fight to the ground. I also played the best guy I ever played against on it who was a Div-7 player who denied every transition like lightning -mounted me and GG. I actually like getting matched against elite players like that as it only gets me better and opens windows to what I can practice and do. The best stand-up player can get knocked out anytime on a fluke shot but you aren't going to beat an elite ground guy on the ground if your skill level is low.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team »