Home

Is 252-Stars Worth of Moves Enough?

This is a discussion on Is 252-Stars Worth of Moves Enough? within the EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2017, 01:39 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is 252-Stars Worth of Moves Enough?

After getting hooked on this game 6 months ago and never being a gamer before I have some questions for you elite players! I create my UT very early being clueless about the levels and posted here where forumite (Supreme_Banasas) was nice enough to explain it to me and why I was only allotted 75 stars and advised me to play Single Championship mode against the CAF characters until I reached level-60 which worked out great since I was in no rush and really putting in a lot of time learning the game!

Now of course everyone wants to put the best moves on their fighters but if you wind up doing that you will fall a good deal short in one of the major categories. After starting out relying heavily on the stand-up game I actually favor the ground slightly better but the problem is it is hard trying to figure out how to balance everything right.

I could fill 2 fighters full of 5 and 4 star moves but it leaves gaping holes with takedowns and the clinch. I noticed a lot of the CAF fighters in the game like Frankie Edgar don't have the Thai clinch so I have eliminated it from some of my fighters along with the whip and tie up using the single collar mainly. I also favor the O/U clinch and studied how Johnny Hendricks takedowns were set up but it is way too much.

Bottom line is I like to use all 3 aspects of the game -stand-up/ clinch/ and the ground pretty much evenly but don't know how to balance it even. For stand-up I will sometimes use a 5-star lead uppercut and a 5-star rear hook leaving the other two slots empty. Or just use one set of 4-star body punches. With takedowns though I favor the O/U clinch I feel that a Thai throw and Single Collar cage trip are must have moves because they are much quicker to get to if someone has you up against the cage and you don't want to get spammed.

I now have all 5 of my fighter in Div-4 and my total record is 429-133 and have taken the last 4 days off to focus solely on submissions and advanced transition denials since the competition is getting much stiffer getting matched up with guys who have 2,000+ fights and are insane on the ground. I also have an issue with having to fight out of the blue corner ( I know I am not the only one as Martial Mind has the same issue lol) because the animation is different and the move sets on the controller get reversed. I have 4 of my fighters in the rotation of the game weight classes though I create them with an 85 overall so they are a bit under powered with moves of 2's and 3's top. I haven't played against the game in months and kept fighting in the blue corner through the whole rotation and it was hard beating any Bjj fighter! I don't care who it was as they can deny any transition in the blink of an eye. But then it was a breeze with stand-up guys like Bisping or Alvey taking them down and denying and submitting them.I found this to be a very good way to practice with your UT fighters using the exact skill sets you have on them.

So the bottom line is how do you guys who have been playing since the first game try to balance out your UT fighters if you have 5-4- and 3 star moves for most moves and also what do you feel is the must have defensive cage moves. To be honest I would rather use those stars for other moves but know they are needed. Also does anyone have an idea of the strength of the (Default) moves they give you with certain fighters? I had made 4 boxers and had a slot open and someone posted what was the best fighter other than boxer and I saw "again" Supreme_Bananas" say that Greco wrestler was the most solid of the wrestlers and that is what I made him and he is actually my favorite fighter to use. But I don't put any cards to his O/U or Judo throws and they work just fine almost as if they were a 4 star move. On the other hand the default "I believe Teep kick" doesn't have much power and also is not a kick I favor. I also wouldn't trust any default moves for defensive purposes though I have choked out 5 guys with the default guillotine which works just fine.

Any feedback would be much appreciated!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2017, 06:13 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Is 252-Stars Worth of Moves Enough?

I'm interested to hear from more experienced players on this too. Decided I won't play UT online with my 50 star fighter unless a change is made to the match making.
Old 01-20-2017, 09:24 AM   #3
Pro

It is enough, if you are smart about allocating moves. Try to equip moves which are the most economical stats-wise, and don't equip moves you do not plan to use. This is especially true for takedowns. Higher level takedowns do not make the moves any faster, so when your TD stat is already maxed, don't replace the default ones.

Likewise, if your punching power is already maxed, don't bother replacing the default hooks and don't try to add elbows if you don't plan to use them
Old 01-20-2017, 09:52 AM   #4
Pro

Don't forget about attribute cards... my favorite fighter started out BJJ, pumped all my attributes into ground and clinch, used move cards to up my standup. Currently sitting at 91/92 OVR. Her record is currently something like 441/48 or something
Old 01-20-2017, 11:02 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Without taking attribute cards into effect it is difficult to fully balance your fighter. You have to choose one spot to be deficient. I usually let that be takedowns as I am still able to get takedowns if I time them properly or use the clinch. So either a ground fighter with lots of stand up moves to compensate or a boxer with lots of submission cards to offset that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2017, 11:27 AM   #6
Pro

Without attribute cards? Id say no, unless you want to be decent everywhere but nto excel, even then youll have some stats lacking mostly ground Id say
Old 01-21-2017, 08:15 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme_Bananas
Higher level takedowns do not make the moves any faster, so when your TD stat is already maxed, don't replace the default ones.
They cost less stamina, doesn't that affect speed ? Anyway you'll have more stamina after takedown.

Last edited by I_van_Petrov; 01-21-2017 at 08:18 AM.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:43 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_van_Petrov
They cost less stamina, doesn't that affect speed ? Anyway you'll have more stamina after takedown.
Not that I know of. I tried comparing a 5* single leg to a default one, and the meter filled equally fast. It is true you'll have a bit more stamina after the takedown, but I wait until it regens anyway before I attempt my next pass. Also, Crushing Presence and Force of Nature already do that for me

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team »