Home

Bronze tokens?

This is a discussion on Bronze tokens? within the EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2018, 09:40 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Bronze tokens?

After looking through the options in the crafting menu, I found that bronze tokens are inherently worthless. The only thing they are good for is trading 5 of 'em for a silver token. Silver tokens, quite frankly, aren't good for anything apart from crafting gold tokens with 5 of 'em (yes, you can make a silver CAF, but silver fighters are inherently worthless as well).

My question then, is: who the hell spends his time crafting bronze tokens? It takes 50 (!) bronze sets of items to craft a golden move. That means you're forfeiting 50 contracts that should be worth about 300 coins each (assuming you make an average of 750 points a fight which is reasonable). Along with selling 50 of your bronze fighters that gives you about 20000 coins. That's the equivalent of 4 boosters, and we haven't even touched the other 150 items. I'm sure the chances of getting a golden move in one of those boosters is quite high. Add to that the time spend navigating the menu's like an idiot to get these golden coins, which is time that can be spend grinding.

I'm not criticizing this mode, but it makes so little sense to make bronze tokens. They are simply worthless. I'm scratching my head to find a reason why you can downgrade a silver token into 5 bronze ones. Why the f*ck is that even an option? What will you do with them? Crafting silver tokens is somewhat more relevant, and crafting golden ones is obviously the best deal. It just looks like someone at EA didn't exactly think this through.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2018, 10:36 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Bronze tokens?

Agree fully. I do craft all just cause i would want as many diffrent Gold CAFS as possible, mostly just to have some kind of goal with the mode.
But eveeything about the token system is pretty clunky and for the most part unrewarding. If they are going to add 4&5 stars i hope they revamp the system to make it more fun to spend time on.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-17-2018, 10:54 AM   #3
Rookie

I agree mostly with what u say but i'm still having really bad luck with gold fighters from packs.Had 1 gold fighter out of 300k+ worth of packs so using the token system is my best way to get gold fighters. With regards to 4 and 5 star fighters they are in the game already in the sets under champions, u have to trade in certain gold and silver fighters in order to get them so cant see us getting them from packs ever. Would be nice if they introduced 4/5 star moves aswell.

I create/upgrade all my tokens during ufc events when no fights are happening but they could do with streamlining it, cause it takes way too long going backwards and forwards thru the menus
Old 02-19-2018, 09:44 PM   #4
Rookie

The worst part is having to go to my inbox and individually open A PACK FOR EACH TOKEN. When I craft a token, it should automatically give me the token (in the background send to inbox, open, send to collection). Doing this manually is a time consuming chore.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:46 PM   #5
Banned

At this point so early on I don't see much reason to craft tokens at all. I'm going to save everything and hope later on there's some decent sets I can dump them into. If not I hope there's an update to mass add items into a set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2018, 07:34 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitch is my homeboy
At this point so early on I don't see much reason to craft tokens at all.
The trade system was flawed in UFC2. I didn't trade anything due to the ridiculous cost of it. It was way easier to just buy packs given you have little control over the outcome of the trade.

In UFC3 it's still flawed as you need gold fighters for each coin, which is a rare commodity you don't want to give away (unless you play a lot).

I still play the mode as I just want to fight AI and I'm tired of career but I'm done trading stuff in as the chance you get a usable move is very, very slim once you've got golden moves everywhere (which isn't hard at all: I got it and I haven't even played much).

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team »