Home

Opinion: Get 4 star Holloway or Wait and get 5 star Conor?

This is a discussion on Opinion: Get 4 star Holloway or Wait and get 5 star Conor? within the EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2018, 05:59 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Opinion: Get 4 star Holloway or Wait and get 5 star Conor?

Yep.. gold was nerfed so hard.

I remember pulling maya out of 1e premium pack and 4 or 5 in basic pack when levelling.

Odds was something like 10/20% the first few day. Now its less than 1%.

I think namajunes is the real deal. I see withakker almost unbeatable when you have gsp.
But nunes there so i have to pick a paper and compare.

Last edited by Poulpy; 04-19-2018 at 06:07 AM.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:06 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulpy
Yep.. gold was nerfed so hard.

I remember pulling maya out of 1e premium pack and 4 or 5 in basic pack when levelling.

Odds was something like 10/20% the first few day. Now its less than 1%.

I think namajunes is the real deal. I see withakker almost unbeatable when you have gsp.
But nunes there so i have to pick a paper and compare.
To me going for a straight grappler is just a bad idea, at least as of the state of the game right now. They nerfed the grappling and the ground game way too much. Now strikers have a considerable advantage over grapplers because they've made it harder to get takedowns, it sucks away a lot more stamina, and they've made it a lot easier for the opponent to get back to their feet.

Balanced is as far as I would go because at least it gives you some striking, especially Rose because she's got those 2 extra striking slots.

A pure grappler is basically helpless on the feet with only 3 slots on a 3 star and even the extra slots on the 4 stars against a striker/brawler, especially somebody who's good.

In the beginning of the UT before all the patches that nerfed grappling, when I was just dominating with my GSP, I was totally set and getting prepared to go for the 4 star gsp or woodley. Now? No way. Total waste of your wildcards to get a pure grappler unless they change something in a new patch.

So for me it's either striker/brawler or balanced right now. Disappointing because I love grappling and the ground game. Hopefully, they adjust the nerf a bit in the next patch but it seems like every patch just favors striking more and more.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:22 PM   #11
Rookie

Rose have 1 more striking slot and 1 more health slot.not 2 striking. Just to say before you buy.

Some guys do great grappling with 3 stars only. I remember be mauled 2 time for 3 round by number 8 on the clinch/ground. But you have to be very good. When i pick gsp and i face whittaker, i know im going to lose.

Last edited by Poulpy; 04-20-2018 at 09:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2018, 08:27 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Rose have 1 more striking slot and health slot.not 2 striking. Just to say before you buy.

Some guys do great grappling with 3 stars only. I remember be mauled 2 time for 3 round by number 8 on the clinch/ground. But you have to be very good. When i pick gsp and i face whittaker, i know im going to lose.
So how many extra slots does she have in general compared to the other 4 star balanced fighters like Max Holloway?
Old 04-20-2018, 09:46 PM   #13
Rookie

Like i say :

Quote:
Rose have 1 more striking slot and 1 more health slot.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:37 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Like i say :
This is partially incorrect-

Rose has 1 more grappling slot and 1 more health slot. Same number of striking slots
Old 04-21-2018, 10:29 AM   #15
Rookie

1 more grappling slot its not very good.

It was a friend Who tell she has 1 more striking slot ( may be confusing with khabib)
Happy you tell me i was wrong, i May not picking her.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2018, 10:54 AM   #16
Rookie

I heard she had 8 striking slots. Is that true? How many total grappling slots? 9? And then 1 extra training slot so 9 also?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team »