Home

Opinion: Get 4 star Holloway or Wait and get 5 star Conor?

This is a discussion on Opinion: Get 4 star Holloway or Wait and get 5 star Conor? within the EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2018, 06:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Question Opinion: Get 4 star Holloway or Wait and get 5 star Conor?

So I'm in a position now where I could get the 4 star Max Holloway, but I'm disappointed he's balanced. I really wanted him to be a brawler or striker and it would have made more sense. Although I do really enjoy the ground game.

So what do you guys think I should do? Get the Holloway now? Or wait, get another wildcard and hope for a fighter or two for the Conor pack and then get him? His striking is insane and all his extra slots.

Just wondering if a 4 star holloway with 76's all around as base stats is worth it compared to waiting and snagging that conor.

I said before, I like the ground game, and the extra slots for the 4 star holloway will make him a true mixed martial artist being able to stay on the feet or take it to the ground if I want.

But then I wouldn't be able to get conor for a very very very long time hah. And his striking being a 5 star with all his extra slots is so dominant that who needs to go to the ground right? Hah.

So opinions?

Get 4 star Holloway now or wait until I can get the 5 star Conor?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2018, 07:52 AM   #2
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Opinion: Get 4 star Holloway or Wait and get 5 star Conor?

I'm not a fan of Balanced. It can work but I'm just not a fan of it. I don't want Conor personally but based on your post I would wait.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:11 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4

Using 2 Wildcards, got my first champion today...Amanda Nunes. It was her or GSP...hope I chose correctly
Old 04-16-2018, 09:30 AM   #4
Rookie

well i got conor and while he's very good in the weightclass, mainly because there are so many 5 star conor's. Altho I have to deselct him at times as i cant keep up with the speed of the fights i end up getitng in with him, resulting in me getting ko'd more than i should.

So if u can play well with a very quick stand up fighter, i would say get him, if u struggle at all with fast paced fighters leave him, i wish i had got whittaker insted of conor as i would have had more fun with him and used him more
Old 04-16-2018, 12:35 PM   #5
Rookie

Before patch i use 3 wildcard for gsp. Next day, 1e patch came in : grappler almost useless.

After 3 more joker i wanted to buy nunes but
I see my ufc 201 karolina can hang well so I wait.
Can also buy cormier but grappler, Wanted miocic instead but need 5 joker.

1 week later, 4e joker, holloway was there but same class as connor. dont want to be mauled on the feet and useless on the ground after seeing connor stats so i wait for 5e joker and pick connor.

After some fight hes great but southpaw. I have to relearn all my combo and after 2 month of orthodox fighting its really difficult.

Next target is 3 wildard for namajunas because 2 more slot. ( Nice i dont pick nunes) and last must be miocic ( but i hope he lose the belt and we have another better champ..)

Last week better choice was connor/whittaker/cormier/nunes but now i think its connor/gsp/miocic/namajunas ( if you want all style ) 2 more slot is huge.

Last edited by Poulpy; 04-16-2018 at 12:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2018, 09:17 AM   #6
Rookie

Yeah, a couple patches ago I would have gone for a balanced for sure. But they nerfed the ground game so hard that strikers just have a huge advantage. That's why it's so disappointing they made Holloway balanced. To me, he is an obvious striker/brawler.

So with all the fights on the feet, everyone wanting to strike, and grappling being so screwed, I might as well just go for the beast conor. Then probably try and get Rose as she has extra slots I think than holloway or whittaker.

Def will never go for a grappler unless they come out with a new patch that doesn't make grappling so damn weak.
Old 04-18-2018, 11:25 AM   #7
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindFactor
Yeah, a couple patches ago I would have gone for a balanced for sure. But they nerfed the ground game so hard that strikers just have a huge advantage. That's why it's so disappointing they made Holloway balanced. To me, he is an obvious striker/brawler.

So with all the fights on the feet, everyone wanting to strike, and grappling being so screwed, I might as well just go for the beast conor. Then probably try and get Rose as she has extra slots I think than holloway or whittaker.

Def will never go for a grappler unless they come out with a new patch that doesn't make grappling so damn weak.
You are correct on Rose. She has 8 striking, 13 grappling, and 9 boost slots.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:23 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia
You are correct on Rose. She has 8 striking, 13 grappling, and 9 boost slots.
Wow yeah now thats the kind of balanced fighter I can deal with. After conor she might be my next grab.

Or should I get her first? Damn.... decisions decisions haha. Help!

And is it just me... or is nobody pulling gold fighters from packs anymore. I can barely remember I pulled a gold fighter from a premium pack. In the beginning of UT I was pulling them left and right. I get maybe they wanted to nerf it a bit but like... literally I maybe pull a gold fighter in 1 out of 50 packs.

Is it just I'm mad unlucky or are you guys experiencing the same thing?

So I'm gonna start going with the dudes method of buying the consumables and just going for the 3 gold tokens. Seems the only way to get a bloody gold fighter. Of course the last 5 or 6 I pulled from those ended up being worthless too. Mad frustrating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team »