Home

Official EA SPORTS UFC 14 Wishlist/MMA Feedback Thread

This is a discussion on Official EA SPORTS UFC 14 Wishlist/MMA Feedback Thread within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2013, 02:53 AM   #49
Rookie

gatortown's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official EA SPORTS UFC 14 Wishlist/MMA Feedback Thread

A lot of good feedback here.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:45 PM   #50
Just started!

The next UFC should be Alil bit of UFC 10 and 3 they were both badass games. You should keep all characters and add new plus old ones from pride and the first UFC. A story line for a created fighter would be nice. Either have.him come off the street and fight, do a ultimate fighter series, make it to where he did.back yard fights like kimbo or amateur fihjts like most people do. Have it to where the.story line brings him out of college football, wrestling or the nfl or an unknown fighter. Plus the.character list should be huge with flyweights and women's division. The heighth should go as high as Hong man choi and as low as demetreus Johnson. Dlc should be badass. If lesnar isn't involved you should have a sports entertainment.package with bobby lashley, Brock, Batista and shaquille o Neal. Plus with pride fighhters lots of em Hong man choi, fedor and his brother, giant silva, rutten and many others. Maybe a boxing Dlc to with kimbo, mayweather, tony and who ever.plus numerous of strike force fighters. There should be bigger venues. Like all over the world in Italy, Germany, japan, etc. Then in the.story.mode jump more than two weight classes. For regular caf overall should be in the 80's instead of 77. An add that fighter points thing like thq did that was pretty cool. Thank you for your time. Have a nice day
Old 05-29-2013, 03:38 AM   #51
MVP

OVR: 39

I want EA UFC to be deep. I want them to focus on every mode: Online, Versus(VS.), Career, and One-Player Modes. EA UFC should have a sim-like feel to the game.

We need Features like:

Watching The Enemy The ability to watch matches that are being held on other promotion's shows. These matches are shown "live" as they happen, you should be able to skip to the end, save reports, etc;.

Of The Night Post-show bonus awards. For each show, whether human or AI controlled, there should be potentially three awards that can be handed out; Knock Out Of The Night, Submission Of The Night, and Fight Of The Night.

Competitive Credibility This is a measure of the quality of a promotion's roster and is used to simulate the fans' view of the fighters. Once a company becomes large enough to be eligible, Competitive Credibility can can be worked out before each show (you can also check it at any time via if you have an Office). the basic idea is that the game checks each weight class for fighters who are in the world rankings; the #1 ranked fighter may be worth 100 points, the #2 fighter worth 80, and so forth (NB: these figures are not the real ones, they are just to make the explanation easier to follow). The total number of points scored is compared to the total number of points that were available to create an overall percentage.

-Highly detailed fighters, with a multitude of statistics covering all major elements of MMA from striking to ju jujitsu

-Deal with injuries, fight refusals, upsets, and money wrangles

-High pressure contract negotiations with fighters

- Game editor that will allows in-depth customization

-Create promotional companies

-Create posters to promote a card or fight.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2013, 01:19 PM   #52
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

The majority of the stuff you posted work for a game like WMMA 3 since it has multiple orgs, but a game like the UFC where it only has one org (or maybe 2 if they include Pride) it wouldn't work.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:47 PM   #53
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Some more things to add. Going to dive deeper into the reverses that should just be completely taken out of the game.

1. Reverse from full mount to being in your opponent's full guard. It is the one when a fighter has you in full mount and you use your foot to kick him backwards on to his back. Eliminate this reversal. Completely unrealistic, I have never seen anybody do that in real life.

2. Side control reversal from the bottom to side control on top. Take this one completely out as well. I never seen anybody flip somebody over like that off their back in real life other then Bob Sapp doing it to James Thomson & even then he was only able to do it ONCE because it took a hell of a lot of energy to pull off. However how many fighters in MMA are upper body strong like Bob Sapp ? Very few. So therefore take it out or LIMIT IT to HEAVYWEIGHTS with strength above 92, BUT it should cost you 35% stamina to pull off.

Reversals that need to be limited and not automatic

1. Reversals from sprawl bottom. It shouldn't be a damn near automatic the guy in sprawl on the bottom pushes the guy on top backwards into his full guard. There need to be way more of a struggle.

2. Reversal from half guard. Happens way too often.

3. Reversal from back control standing and back control on the ground. That is damn near automatic.

4. Reversal from the slavlavary. This is too automatic and happens way too quick. In real life, it takes a lot of struggle to get out of this position.

5. Muay thia clinch and single collar tie clinch reversal. Happens way too quick and too easy. Shouldn't be that way.

Let the ground game HAPPEN and slow it down

Ground game happens too quick IMO. Going to from full guard to full mount is too instant. Happens way to fast. This needs to be changed. Too many fighters in UFC Undisputed 3 can go from full guard straight to side control and hop instantly into full guard. You very rarely see them go into half guard. Should be way more minor transitions and way less full transitions unless the fighter is a high level wrestler.

You should be able to grind a guy out with elbows to the body and punches to the body in a slow pace. This can't happen in Undisputed 3 because the ref stands you up way too quick if you aren't in full mount. Same thing with back control on the ground. For one, back control on the ground should be a lot easier to get into. And secondly, the guy on bottom shouldn't instantly reverse you either.

Nothing grinds my gears more then to get back control and 2 seconds later the guy instantly spins into full guard. Shouldn't be like that. You should be able to work a person over in back control as long as you have both hooks in. And if the guy wants out of back control, he should peel one of your hooks out FIRST.

Moving on to leg kicks

1. They need to be way more powerful, do way more damage. Shouldn't take 60 leg kicks or more to get a leg kick TKO with a 100 kick rating striker going against a 70 kick defense guy. If anything if you got 90 kick rating, it should only take 5 or 6 heavy shots for a TKO. Leg kicks should be feared and respected.

2. Kick boxers and muay thai fighters should throw way more leg kicks and kicks in general. In Undisputed 3, I never seen the AI throw more then 40 kicks overall in a 3 or 5 round fight. But yet I see EVERYBODY in the game throw more then 120 to 160 punches a fight REGARDLESS of their back ground.

3. Fighters should check leg kicks more often and switch their stance to protect their leg that is being kicked over and over again.

4. Need to be more visual damage from leg kicks. Movement need to be slowed down more, have more of a limp in their movement.

Make the CPU AI fight true to their style

This irks me a lot. Way too many punches being thrown by kick boxers, muay thai fighters, wrestlers and submission guys.

1. Not everybody is an aggressive plod forward non stop fighter. So stop having all the fighters in the game fight that way. There should be counter punchers, reckless swing for the fences fighters, bob & weave fighters, cautious fighters, fast starters, slow starters.

2. This would greatly improve the CAF feature. CAF feature is very popular, however it is annoying when you want to create a kicking machine or submission master, but yet the AI has him throwing 120 plus punches a fight instead of going for submissions or kicking.

Fix the judging system

Out of the 558 games I played, only had one split decision and 1 draw. Something is totally wrong with that. Now I have heard rumours the game plays and judges differently in Event Mode then Exhibition. It might be some actual truth to that, since my split and draw came in the only 2 fights I had in Event Mode.

Change the moves leveling system

Instead of 1 through 3, it should be 1 through 5. It would add more separation of skill level of performing moves between fighters.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:28 PM   #54
Just started!

Please ,please ,Please stop making fighters in career mode retire!! Nothing more annoying than making a 19 year old fighter who has to retire at age 28 because you fought 45 fights!! Figure out a system where as you age your skills diminish as well as your chin or something like that. Evander Holyfield's Boxing did this on SEGA Genesis so it can't be that difficult. I would like to choose my own destiny in a video game and retire when I want. If I fight 150 fights and lose the last 10 cause my skills are all gone, that's my choice. That's what us gamers pay money for. If not good enough for UFC send back down to lower leagues. Also have all fighters in UFC!! Even guys who stink!! And have downloadable fighters for every new fighter who enters UFC after game comes out. I also agree with allowing us gamers to edit our own created player. If I wanna get unreal and make my fighter 99 overall off-line in career mode from beginning why can't I?
Old 05-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #55
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah that 48 fight limit is BS, considering in real life a good amount of fighters have over 70 fights and are still fighting. Jeremy Horn has 115 fights and he is still fighting in MMA at the age of 37.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2013, 02:24 AM   #56
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

I would love being able to start a career mode with a guy with a professional record already. That could influence how quick you make it into the UFC as well. As well as starting career mode with whatever stats you want then working your way from there.
That would make it completely different every single time and would be great imo.
So one career mode you could make a "journeyman" with average stats in every category, and a bad record of like 8-10.
The next you could have a stud wrestler that is the next "big" thing with amazing grappling skills and a big right hand, with a record like 5-0.
Then you could possibly even start one in the UFC already, with a guy that's been a pro for a while and it working his way to the title when you start, say his record like 22-5.
It would help for people that do dynasties as well.

Last but not least, if they are in the game, I think all CAFS (career mode only, as this would ruin makings CAFS otherwise) would have a random chin/toughness/cut durabilty rating. You could have a "star" making his UFC debut only to find out that he is extremely chinny and have to change his gameplan to survive. I'm sure people would hate that, but I would absolutely love it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »