Home

EA Sports UFC Gameplay Video - Jose Aldo vs. Anthony Pettis

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Gameplay Video - Jose Aldo vs. Anthony Pettis within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2014, 05:08 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: EA Sports UFC Gameplay Video - Jose Aldo vs. Anthony Pettis

+Graphics and fighters look great
+I think the speed shouldn't be a huge factor when you have 2 ppl who are fighting strategically with pace.
+Intro and arena was electric.
+Striking looked more fluid than other videos before.

-Grappling, Grappling, Grappling. This is such a huge part of MMA and IMO it just doesn't look right. I hated the way the players just slide across the mat frozen in position as if they were hit with a Sub-Zero Iceball on take down attempts. The transition from take-down attempt to slam looked stiff. Overall the grappling looked very choppy and dis-jointed. Pettis' defense on the bottom looked awkward as well I know the person controlling him was changing his guard but there was just something off about the entire sequence of moves.

I will limit my criticism because I do not know what the players who were controlling the fighters were trying to attempt. For example at 3:29 when Pettis simply pushes Aldo off him with ease while Aldo is in side control. It looks weird but maybe the player controlling Aldo was letting Pettis up to his feet.

Last edited by dghustla; 05-20-2014 at 05:10 PM.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:14 PM   #50
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Maybe choppy isn't the right word. I guess what bothers me a bit (and again, I'm day one buying so it isn't nearly a deal breaker) is that since most of the motions seem so natural and like they have weight behind them, the few that don't seem really out of place. Kind of an uncanny valley situation. The two big ones that stood out were the escape to standing from side control, and the missed cartwheel kick.

I'll look at those two moments again when I get home and see if I'm being overly critical.
You arent being overly critical but I didnt have an issue from either. That escape from side control was actually realistic. Two things are happening. Aldo is attempting to posture up to drop powerful ground shots and Pettis is using his knee to free himself. Compared to other MMA games thats one of the more realistic escapes Ive seen.

The missed cartwheel is just a bad animation when combined with the Aldo kick.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:18 PM   #51
Rookie

godylla's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Aldo is attempting to posture up to drop powerful ground shots and Pettis is using his knee to free himself. Compared to other MMA games thats one of the more realistic escapes Ive seen.
Yeah, there is a lot of space to work with on that escape.

"Don't give up, don't ever give up."
- Jimmy V.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2014, 05:35 PM   #52
MVP

stlpimpmonsta's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3veron
Presentation wise: Awesome!
Gameplay: To me this is EA MMA 2. Not a bad thing!
When I saw the spinning back fist I was like "yep, EA MMA 2" and yeah that's not a bad thing(for us that enjoyed that game)

Sent from my LG-LS696 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by stlpimpmonsta; 05-20-2014 at 05:44 PM.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:27 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Maybe choppy isn't the right word. I guess what bothers me a bit (and again, I'm day one buying so it isn't nearly a deal breaker) is that since most of the motions seem so natural and like they have weight behind them, the few that don't seem really out of place. Kind of an uncanny valley situation. The two big ones that stood out were the escape to standing from side control, and the missed cartwheel kick.

I'll look at those two moments again when I get home and see if I'm being overly critical.
Not overly critical at all... nothing wrong with seeing the details beyonf first glance. The escape from side control took me a couple of views to notice that there was a couple transition from Pettis. IMO the fact that I had to go back and watch for detail and the video actually proved my first opinion wrong amazes me!! this is a for sure buy for me... impressive EA canada.

Can you guys go help EA Tiburon in Florida? LOL
Old 05-20-2014, 07:21 PM   #54
Fighting a War & Gaming

8and9's Arena

OVR: 9

Outstanding!
Old 05-20-2014, 09:23 PM   #55
Banned

Looks like alot of fun cant wait to get my hands on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2014, 09:34 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
movements look rather choppy to me, not alot smooth about it IMO. kinda a let down there. gameplay looked as choppy as it did on the last UFC game on ps3. they really need to work on making players movements look much smoother.
movements looked smooth to me. the players moved kinda fast but it was fluid and in the context of the game. the graphics also kept up with the movements. looked good 2me but this is just my opinion

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »