Home

EA Sports UFC Video - KO Footage

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Video - KO Footage within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2014, 12:30 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC Video - KO Footage

I think sometimes its tuff going off of gameplay footage...depends greatly on who is playing.

when a novice plays ANY game it look horrible. This looked very much like a SPAM haymaker fest with the opponent having NO defense. That would look bad on ANY game. That would look bad in real life. But when you are facing an opponent that uses proper distance, counters, quick strikes, feints etc that game may look VERY different.

I really wish that the game was UFC undisputed with better graphics and just a few gameplay tweaks (change sub system, remove punchflik cheat, make stamina matter) and I would be VERY happy
Old 05-24-2014, 01:12 PM   #10
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Obviously the two people playing were awful.

That doesn't excuse some things that are readily apparent in this video, things already mentioned.

This video reminds me of watching people play Madden when they used to have it up at Walmart or Gamestop.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:19 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick32093209
I think sometimes its tuff going off of gameplay footage...depends greatly on who is playing.

when a novice plays ANY game it look horrible. This looked very much like a SPAM haymaker fest with the opponent having NO defense. That would look bad on ANY game. That would look bad in real life. But when you are facing an opponent that uses proper distance, counters, quick strikes, feints etc that game may look VERY different.

I really wish that the game was UFC undisputed with better graphics and just a few gameplay tweaks (change sub system, remove punchflik cheat, make stamina matter) and I would be VERY happy
The last UFC game on sim mode was phenomenal where as I couldn't even stand to play it on normal/arcade mode. They idiotically made the spamfest version of the game ranked. But I think this game will be good, the graphics are serious and the studio has a decent track record, though they ruined champion with the final update and left it, so then again lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2014, 09:25 AM   #12
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3
It doesn't look that bad!!! just looking at the overall structure.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:23 AM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
The last UFC game on sim mode was phenomenal where as I couldn't even stand to play it on normal/arcade mode. They idiotically made the spamfest version of the game ranked. But I think this game will be good, the graphics are serious and the studio has a decent track record, though they ruined champion with the final update and left it, so then again lol.
We are talking about two different things possibly. I agree with you 100% the game was stupid on default arcade spam fest. I also think in sim... stamina was slightly overplayed, but still better than default.

That being said...it was not the sim/arcade nature of the video that makes it hard to assess. I assumed that was person v person. Those matches are hard to really get an idea of what the game is capable of. HOWEVER...if that was AI vs AI...then I am bit disappointed
Old 05-26-2014, 08:35 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxman490
Oh god, no wonder they haven't released any gameplay footage until now. That is terrible. I was excited for this game, but I don't know if I will pick it up now.

I agree. I'm just not feeling this.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:22 AM   #15
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Both fighters necks look like Jamie Varner's foot. Maybe an old build?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »