Home

EA UFC Excel Spreadsheet

This is a discussion on EA UFC Excel Spreadsheet within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2014, 01:50 AM   #9
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC Excel Spreadsheet

Not sure if on purpose but couldn't see Korean Zombie.

don't have ms excel any other way to use it, also never used anything like this but how much info do we put in and what is updated auto.
Old 06-17-2014, 03:35 AM   #10
Rookie

WOW thank you so much for this!!! I'll have to spend more time digesting all the info and understanding how all of this works, but I'm definitely going to use this for my virtual league!
Old 06-17-2014, 09:34 AM   #11
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzelle
Not sure if on purpose but couldn't see Korean Zombie.

don't have ms excel any other way to use it, also never used anything like this but how much info do we put in and what is updated auto.
Chan Sung Jung (aka the Korean Zombie) is on there.

Excel is basically the only way with all of the formulas and stuff. Google docs sucks (for me anyway). It should work on Excel Online and I think all you need is an Microsoft account. I'll try converting it to an online file later and post the link.

Basically what you do is input your future cards on the Upcoming Events Tab. Once you start playing you enter the winner, how the won and the award winners. Then move the played event from the Upcoming Events Tab to the Events History Tab. That info is then automatically pulled from the Events Tab to the Master Spreadsheet.

On the Master spreadsheet each fighters record and the awards that they won automatically update from the info on the Events History Tab. You do have to manually enter the Streaks. Also on the Rankings Tab you have to update the rankings manually. However, their rankings update on the Master Spreadsheet once you complete it (on the Rankings Tab).

That's the basic stuff... I think that if you played around with it a little bit you would see how it all works. Today I'm going to try to update the CAF's records and touch up a few other things. I'll post an updated version when I'm done.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

Last edited by jeremym480; 06-17-2014 at 09:38 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2014, 10:26 AM   #12
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Chan Sung Jung (aka the Korean Zombie) is on there.
That shows my knowledge of MMA.

I found a program called open office, from what i can tell it works. I created a card and set winners and moved it to event history like you said, it updated the fighter's W/L on the master screen. so think it should be fine.

"Also on the Rankings Tab you have to update the rankings manually"

how do you calculate the rankings,move them up a spot if they win down if they lose.

Damn, wish there was a event mode. Still 2gb til my game is downloaded.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:36 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6

what on the upcoming events and events history tab is Ryan Win Total and Jeremy Win Total?

Also how does the title history work? I made UFC 176 with Machida d. Weidman and changed the current champion to Lyoto Machida and the date the title was won, but how does it calculate the current title reign?

thanks for this
Old 06-18-2014, 04:25 PM   #14
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcguire
what on the upcoming events and events history tab is Ryan Win Total and Jeremy Win Total?

Sorry... That was left over from UFC 3. One of my buddies and I used this for an online league and we kept up with our record against one another. You can delete that or used it to keep up with your record against the CPU.

Also how does the title history work? I made UFC 176 with Machida d. Weidman and changed the current champion to Lyoto Machida and the date the title was won, but how does it calculate the current title reign?

The Title History page does require some knowledge of Excel, but it shouldn't be that difficult. Bare with me because I haven't used this in a few years so I may leave something out...

First off, a few things should be pulled from other tabs - 1) the title holder should automatically pull from the rankings tab and the days of the Current Title Reign should calculate from info provided by the Events History Tab.

Side note: One thing to keep in mind is that as soon as you complete an Event move it from the Upcoming Events Tab to the Events History tab. The easiest way is to "Cut" (click on line 3 and drag it down to 19) then go to the History tab and use "Insert the Cut Cells" on line 3. Once you have completed that then there will me a blank space on the Upcoming Events tab. Just delete those lines and the next event will replace it. From there the new Events date will be in cell A6 and that's how it updates on the Title History tab.

The next thing is what if the title changes hands? Well, let's say. for example, that Rousey loses to Alexis Davis... I will walk you through the steps. (you can do this a few ways but here's what would probably be easiest if you're not familiar with Excel.

1) Move the Event from Upcoming to Events History as described above
2) Insert a row under Rousey's name. The colors of the lines will change. You can change those if you want it's up to you.
3) Manually enter or Copy and Paste Rousey's info in the one line 13 (name and Title Reign) in the respective cells.
4) Go to the Rankings Page and put Davis as the new champ
5) In the new cell that you Inserted in step 2 do the following
a) Go to column A cell 14 and type "=B2". This will add the new champs name
b) Go to column B cell 14 and type "=C2". This will stat calculating their title reign.
6) Go to cell E2 and manually enter Rousey's name and enter the date that it was won in cell H2

You will have to keep up with Title Defenses manually.

That should be it.

thanks for this
I'm hoping that answers your questions. I'm not that great at describing things, but I tried to be as thorough as possible. If you (not necessarily, you rmcguire, but anyone needs help with Excel most of the time you can find what your looking for by Googling it). If you have any more questions about this spreadsheet let me know.

I have an updated copy of my spreadsheet attached. I think I was missing some formulas on the Title History page before.
Attached Files
File Type: zip EA UFC- 6.18.14.zip (212.8 KB, 115 views)

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 01-27-2015, 01:28 PM   #15
Rookie

Thanks so much for doing this. Unfortunately my friend and I have been tinkering with this and we're beyond confused. I am ok with excel but not really with the formulas and such. Am I missing something? Is there a way this can be broken down so that I can understand how to use this tool to generate rankings?

Which sheet do I have to go to in order to enter new results? Does everything have to be recorded through the results of the EVENTS HISTORY sheet? My friend and I recorded (on paper) fights before I ever got a hold of this spreadsheet. I have no idea how to enter these results to auto generate rankings.

I'm so lost. Please help me understand how to use this if you can.

For example if Yoel Romero won the championship against Weidman and he isn't listed on your spreadsheet, I would have no idea how to change this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2015, 02:51 PM   #16
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsaddict
Thanks so much for doing this. Unfortunately my friend and I have been tinkering with this and we're beyond confused. I am ok with excel but not really with the formulas and such. Am I missing something? Is there a way this can be broken down so that I can understand how to use this tool to generate rankings?

You have to manually change the rankings on the "Rankings" Tab, but once you do that they will automatically update on the "Master" Tab.

Which sheet do I have to go to in order to enter new results? Does everything have to be recorded through the results of the EVENTS HISTORY sheet? My friend and I recorded (on paper) fights before I ever got a hold of this spreadsheet. I have no idea how to enter these results to auto generate rankings.

The "Upcoming Events" Tab is for exactly what it says... to schedule upcoming events. Once an event is completed, then simply use copy & paste to move it for the "Events History" tab. The "Master" tab has formulas that pulls that data over so everything (winner, loser, Fight of the Night results) should be updated automatically once it's in Events History. Just make sure all of the fighters names are exactly as they are on the Master Tab.

I'm so lost. Please help me understand how to use this if you can.

For example if Yoel Romero won the championship against Weidman and he isn't listed on your spreadsheet, I would have no idea how to change this.

To add fighters the first thing you do is manually add them to the "Rankings" tab. Next insert a cell in their proper division on the "Master" tab and input their name. You will have to manually look up and enter their historical data, but their new info will pull from the "Events History" tab. You will have to Copy and Paste the formulas for another line so that their data updates properly.
I answered your questions above to the best of my ability. I actually haven't messed with the spreadsheet in 6-7 months, so I'm hoping that I didn't miss anything. I'll try to look at it more in depth when I have more time. If you have any other question feel free to ask.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »