Home

What are your remaining questions?

This is a discussion on What are your remaining questions? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2014, 11:09 AM   #1
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
What are your remaining questions?

With EA UFC's release only a week away what are the burning questions you would still like to see answered?

For me first and foremost is game play - Although, GameplayDevUFC has done a great job detailing some of his fights in the impressions thread, I still can't wait to see what the A.I. looks like (hopefully we'll get some Twitch streams soon). Will the aggression and crazy strikes be toned down? Will fighters fight like themselves and use their strengths? Does MMAi really have an impact on how the fight? How is perma-stamina in the final game?

The rest of my questions are all in regards to CAF because frankly I'm not a Career Mode or Online guy...
1) How many CAF slots are available? Although, if it comes down to it I guess I can make multiple PSN IDs, but that could be somewhat annoying. For me anything less than 50 in really going to be disappointing.
2) What options are there when creating a CAF with Game Face? Do you still select body type, eye color, etc.? I'd love to see a video detailing all of the CAF options.
3) About how long does it take to create a fighter?
4) Are CAF's movesets based off of templates or do we get to choose all of their moves?
5) If you change a CAF weight-class does their ratings reset? For example if I make Nate Marquardt as a Middleweight and then decide to give him a fight at Welterweight will I have to redo all of his ratings? I hope that makes sense.

That's all I have for now, but others feel free to chime in with your questions, as well. Hopefully, between E3, the dev interaction that we have here and potential blogs that may be released, we can start getting some of these answered. Worse case scenario, maybe the lucky sons of *****es who get their hands on it early can help us out this weekend.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2014, 03:16 PM   #2
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What are your remaining questions?

Unfortunately permanent stamina will be an issue im guessing. Much like FNC the amount if whining that will take place if they patch it will be insane
Old 06-10-2014, 05:54 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

What is perma stamina. If it means stamina doesn't move. Then I will be first in line to whine. Stamina is what give the game the sim feeling and not button mashing....but anyway.

My questions are just things that I will only find out by playing

1. variations between fighters in terms of moves set, attributes and reach
2. Does everyone have ridicoulous moves like the cartwheel kick and spinning round house to the head. It would be weird to see Chad Mendes do any of that stuff.
3. If Jones is like a 96 submission...what will a guy like Maia feel like.
4. Takedown...I couldn't tell if Gus had horrible takedown defense or if Jones takedowns were just that good? When I played as Gus I could barely stop a takedown. When I played as Jones I could stuff anything

5. Will online play have good connections and be fun...this is my primary way of playing this game.

Bottom line...we are a week away and I am super excited
Old 06-15-2014, 10:17 AM   #4
Rookie

k2thaz's Arena

OVR: 3

my big one is can you import CAF's into the career mode? I'm holding out hope that we can because of Fight Night
Old 06-15-2014, 11:11 AM   #5
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2thaz
my big one is can you import CAF's into the career mode? I'm holding out hope that we can because of Fight Night
No you cannot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2014, 11:19 AM   #6
MVP

cdk10's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
No you cannot.
So you have to create a fighter everytime you start a career?

Xbox - CK11
PS4 - The_One_CK
Old 06-15-2014, 12:14 PM   #7
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdk10
So you have to create a fighter everytime you start a career?
No I think he was asking about something else. I believe he was asking whether you can import other CAFs into the career as opponents.

When you start the career mode, you are given a choice of creating a fighter or using a current CAF as your fighter.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:18 PM   #8
MVP

cdk10's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
No I think he was asking about something else. I believe he was asking whether you can import other CAFs into the career as opponents.

When you start the career mode, you are given a choice of creating a fighter or using a current CAF as your fighter.
oh, ok. Thanks

Xbox - CK11
PS4 - The_One_CK

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »