Home

lets all buy this game used

This is a discussion on lets all buy this game used within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2014, 12:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
lets all buy this game used

This is what happens when ea does not have competition. They start omitting features and promising it for next game. Lets be honest the game at least judging from the demo cant even maintain 30 frames so what did they spend the extra time tuning up. lets all buy this game used to teach these guys a lesson. i guess they assumed you would only make a caf for a career. im not even gonna touch the career mode i just wanted at least 30 cafs but i get a fraction of that. If this does not bother you thats cool you are probably a casual mma fan who just wants to use showtime and jon jones. I want more caf spots mister gamedev so let em know back at the office. I dont wanna have to start making comparison videos to other mma games and highlight just how many things this game is actually missing and than recommend how it would be smarter to just buy used or skip it all together. I hope ea does not try to give some poor excuse for why they can not extend the number of cafs. Anybody with a shred of cognitive dissonance knows it wouldn't be hard to add unless they were not up to snuff as developers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2014, 12:52 AM   #2
MVP

TheVinylHippo's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: lets all buy this game used

No.

lol10char.limit
Old 06-13-2014, 09:43 AM   #3
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I'd love too

a) If I had enough will power and "want to" to do it

and

b) If I could get past A and if I didn't think that bad sales numbers would really hurt the future of the series. I don't have insider information or anything, but I'm pretty sure that the less this game makes, the less they will spend on the next iteration.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 06-13-2014, 11:06 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I already have it pre-ordered. I'll buy it new because I had a lot of fun with the demo and I want them to not only make a second one but have a decent budget for it.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:55 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedboy
This is what happens when ea does not have competition. They start omitting features and promising it for next game. Lets be honest the game at least judging from the demo cant even maintain 30 frames so what did they spend the extra time tuning up. lets all buy this game used to teach these guys a lesson. i guess they assumed you would only make a caf for a career. im not even gonna touch the career mode i just wanted at least 30 cafs but i get a fraction of that. If this does not bother you thats cool you are probably a casual mma fan who just wants to use showtime and jon jones. I want more caf spots mister gamedev so let em know back at the office. I dont wanna have to start making comparison videos to other mma games and highlight just how many things this game is actually missing and than recommend how it would be smarter to just buy used or skip it all together. I hope ea does not try to give some poor excuse for why they can not extend the number of cafs. Anybody with a shred of cognitive dissonance knows it wouldn't be hard to add unless they were not up to snuff as developers.
Okay, I get the CAF thing, I'm just tired of hearing about it. If you feel this strongly, just pass on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2014, 02:03 PM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Carnage
Okay, I get the CAF thing, I'm just tired of hearing about it. If you feel this strongly, just pass on it.
Last warning. People are allowed to vent their frustrations.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:15 PM   #7
Banned

Jdoug312's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Last warning. People are allowed to vent their frustrations.
There have been many more people who've told people to pass on a game since they clearly don't like it. I agree that only 10 cafs is a problematic, and I don't think he be so passionate in putting down the desired playstyle of others, but if telling someone to pass on a game because they are complaining about it is a bannable offense, most of the diehards in the madden, 2k, wwe, and probably all of the other video game forums on this site should have been banned at 1 point or another. I'm as disappointed in the low caf count as you are, but disagreeing with your disagreement shouldn't inherently be bannable, and ultimately saying you or someone else shouldn't buy the game if they don't like it should either be outlawed across the board, or allowed across the board.

To the OP, I'm with you. I've actually started doing this a couple months back, I'm only supporting devs that I feel like have earned it. No simulation setting, only 2 refs (this really annoys me, more than the low caf count tbh), the aforementioned low caf count, the movesets, etc. Certainly a lot of good in this game, and I look forward to playing it asarp, but a lot of these decisions show either a rushed final product, or a disregard for people who want more of a sim game. No to mention the over aggressive ai, counter fighters (at least Machida) not fighting as they actually would, and the total lie about most fighters having their correct songs. Only 5/99, really?

I know there will be someone on like craigslist that gets the game, absolutely hates it, and wants to sell it a day or 2 after it launches, so I'll wait for that.

Last edited by Jdoug312; 06-13-2014 at 02:18 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:41 PM   #8
Rookie

I don't recall EA claiming that they have most of the real entrance songs. Wasn't that just an impression from a writer at Gamespot or something? What I don't like is the lack of custom songs, so we can fix it. I didn't really expect them to license all of these tracks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »