Home

How's your UFC career going?

This is a discussion on How's your UFC career going? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2014, 02:50 AM   #17
Pro

SuperNoVa27's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: How's your UFC career going?

Cain is a demi-god...

Not going to lie, I ragequit like a mother****er.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:11 AM   #18
Rookie

CRIXUS81's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfromhoiland
About your fully mounted thing, I posted a question and the devs answered. They said use L1/LB + right stick. It acts as a more significant transition.
Thank you, I will try it the next time I play.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:03 AM   #19
Banned

So I knock my opponent down 4 times and just dominate the 1st round, 2nd and 3rd rounds could have gone either way. Somehow I lost via majority decision.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:52 AM   #20
Pro

SuperNoVa27's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNoVa27
Cain is a demi-god...

Not going to lie, I ragequit like a mother****er.
I just defensed my title against Cain for the first time, he was nowhere near as powerful as he was in the #1 Contender fight. Think the CPU gets beefed up at that fight. Cain was literally dropping me in 2 punches.

In the second fight I took about 3-4 clean shots and didn't even wobble. I've had 100 chin since the first matchup.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:15 AM   #21
Rookie

CRIXUS81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Carnage
So I knock my opponent down 4 times and just dominate the 1st round, 2nd and 3rd rounds could have gone either way. Somehow I lost via majority decision.
Yeah that's happened to me multiple times in career mode, can you even lose via a split decision in this game? Because I can understand things occasionally not going your way and a judge screws up a decision, but when I am dominating for three straight rounds and lose via a unanimous decision it is frustrating. Especially when I immediately do a rematch and pretty much fight the exact same way and then win via a unanimous decision.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2014, 09:06 AM   #22
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIXUS81
Sad thing is I am playing it on the easiest game setting!
Hey man no judgement here!! I'm playing on Normal difficulty and the CPU parries a lot!! Me, I can't seem to get the timing down on a parry.

Reed is comin' atcha!!

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 06-18-2014, 10:17 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

Started one as a wrestler in the welterweight division on normal difficulty. took me 3 retry to get past the first elimination fight. all my ultimate fighter fights i won by decision. im currently 4-0 and actually have scored 2 KO. if you sit back and pick your spots you can actually control the fight and get it to the ground and keep it there if thats what you want to do. i know over on the impressions page people were upset thats it to rock em sock em, and while i agree with that you can slow the fight down to your choosing.

In the next game they need to add stuff to the career mode to make you feel more a part of something bigger than just to train and fight. a few ideas i had was maybe you get injured in a fight or training and your ruled out for a year and your first fight back maybe your stats are depleted becuase of ring rust so you kinda have to navigate through the fight while not at your best, kinda gives it a little RPG type role to it. Now that they have the ultimate fighter gym they could do somthing like may you a coach on the show and really get into a rivalry with an opponet or something along those lines.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:51 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have a heavyweight striker that I'm playing with on normal difficulty. So far it's been fun, I have the belt and defended it three times now. The game is pretty challenging which is great for replay, I always thought UFC 3 was too easy.

The training modes definitely get repetitive and I've been skipping them most of the time.

How do you guys like the videos of the fighters talking to you that they play throughout? I've started to see the same ones over and over. At first I thought they were fine (I dont mind Dana white or your trainer saying a few words after a fight etc.) but to keep getting the same fighter videos continuously is pointless. I get what EA was trying to do but I think it was a waste of time. They should have picked certain points to have another fighter come in and give you props or whatever...

Aside from this, I think the career mode is ok...it's fun but it's very basic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »