Home

Online spammers

This is a discussion on Online spammers within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2014, 01:44 PM   #41
Pro

indcolts18288's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Online spammers

Had a guy in a submission it was over my fighter won and he quit at the very last second. Ea needs to fix this ****
Blackhawks fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2014, 02:28 PM   #42

OVR: 34

I am on board with the system they use for quitters, but I understand the frustration of not getting the win. The unfortunate thing is the pool of quitters needs to be established for it to work and that can only be done by us playing.

I still question why the one that stays on doesn't get a win. Genuine disconnects are rare.
Old 06-26-2014, 03:10 PM   #43
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I am on board with the system they use for quitters, but I understand the frustration of not getting the win. The unfortunate thing is the pool of quitters needs to be established for it to work and that can only be done by us playing.

I still question why the one that stays on doesn't get a win. Genuine disconnects are rare.
I do more than question it. I will come out and flat out say it was a poor decision. Fifa, uses seasons, If your opponen't bails, you get a win. NHL, your opponent bails after the game hits the 18:00 mark in the 1st, you get the win. It's not like this is an EA policy that the game must complete for a win to be awarded. But to have someone locked in a submission, actually get the tapout, and see the octogon counting down, and then the message you have lost connection to your opponent. And then see no points awarded, No win given, then fight again, maybe take a loss, not goe promoted when you should already be through, it is frustrating, and the guy that decided that, in this game, we won't award wins to victims of disconnecters, should be barred from any decision making on future games.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:05 PM   #44
Rookie

smace767's Arena

OVR: 4

Had my dose of spammers. Really killed the enjoyment of this game.

Side kick, wheel kick, front kick, takedown. spam one to the other. A lot of smarter spammers now try to get a take down or spam superman punch or front kick and get up in a round and wait for you to come in the wheel kick tornado. Some guys start off straight but once they get in trouble, the spams start coming.

Here is the catch 22. They can spam jump kicks, superman punches, all kind of moves and lose little stamina and still can make the moves. But the defender loses all kinda stamina side stepping and jump evading. I never noticed till today how that was working. I never threw a punch, only moved and side stepped after his spam i moved in and was throwing weak punches and looked to see the stamina and he had half i had none. then he stalked me with a side kick spam and my stamina stayed at zero and his didnt go down much. He eventually caught me in the corner of the octagon where you kinda bounce around with the movement animations and was side kicked to sleep.

Let me add these are body spam kicks. Way too powerful / accurate with not enough stamina loss for making the move.

I wanted to keep this game. But if no progress is made this looks like it will be trade in credit for one of the Aug / Sept released games.

On the control scheme. I think the gameplay could have been much better if takedown block was R2+right stick to the left. Depending on the size of your hands flicking down is not a natural thumb movement motion when you have the controller in hand. Too often the stick goes more to the left then down and I get slammed. Even though i knew it was coming and ready. Its a control scheme everyone has to deal with. But i bet almost half of my times being taken down was the stick not going in the proper direction. If it was push left i woulda won a few more fights i think.

SOS (5 release veteran) --Oakland Raiders

10yard Fight (rookie release)-- Detriot Lions

Last edited by smace767; 06-26-2014 at 04:17 PM.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:58 PM   #45
Pro

indcolts18288's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
I do more than question it. I will come out and flat out say it was a poor decision. Fifa, uses seasons, If your opponen't bails, you get a win. NHL, your opponent bails after the game hits the 18:00 mark in the 1st, you get the win. It's not like this is an EA policy that the game must complete for a win to be awarded. But to have someone locked in a submission, actually get the tapout, and see the octogon counting down, and then the message you have lost connection to your opponent. And then see no points awarded, No win given, then fight again, maybe take a loss, not goe promoted when you should already be through, it is frustrating, and the guy that decided that, in this game, we won't award wins to victims of disconnecters, should be barred from any decision making on future games.
I don't think I could have said it better myself. Good post.
Blackhawks fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2014, 07:04 PM   #46
Rookie

vpizzle28's Arena

OVR: 0

In Madden, if they bail you get the W.

I say this, if the person quits and leaves, you get the W under the submission stat. That simple.
NCAAF: Oregon Ducks

EA UFC League:
Gegard Mousasi - LHW (1-1)
Dustin Poirier - FW (0-2)
Sarah McMann - W Bantamweight (1-3)

"Don't let it go to the judges!"
Old 06-26-2014, 07:13 PM   #47
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpizzle28
In Madden, if they bail you get the W.

I say this, if the person quits and leaves, you get the W under the submission stat. That simple.
I didn't use madden as an example because they quit before halftime unpinished. you have sandbag the 1st half to keep someone around.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:19 PM   #48
Rookie

vpizzle28's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
I didn't use madden as an example because they quit before halftime unpinished. you have sandbag the 1st half to keep someone around.
I swear that is not true. I have a ton of quitters in the 2nd qt and I always get the W. It may take a moment, usually have to back out of the online part then re-enter, but I get the W.
NCAAF: Oregon Ducks

EA UFC League:
Gegard Mousasi - LHW (1-1)
Dustin Poirier - FW (0-2)
Sarah McMann - W Bantamweight (1-3)

"Don't let it go to the judges!"

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »