Home

OS Roundtable: EA Sports UFC Impressions

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: EA Sports UFC Impressions within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2014, 10:02 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
For those of you that have the game - I do understand that the fighters will be gassed if you come out throwing a bunch of punches, but what about the fighters who are known for their stamina? is there something that differentiates those fighters or do they gas just as quickly as those fighters with less stamina?

It appears that heavyweights gas quicker than the lighter weight classes, but it would be good to see if they incorporated individual attributes for the fighters.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:07 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
I think its a good run, just could been better. Graphics best on the new gen console hands down. But the computer at times are a bit too powerful. But where are the simple things that should be in the game?
The touching of gloves? Fighters with the right attire? Where's the title matches& pay per view line up that players can make? To me those things and tweak the cpu can make a difference.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:15 AM   #11
Banned

Re: OS Roundtable: EA Sports UFC Impressions

I'm more of a boxing fan, so while I do try to fight SIM in EA's UFC, I don't really complain about certain nuances like I would if this were Fight Night. With that said, I'm really enjoying this game. Playing online has been fun. I haven't ran into anybody cheesing and have had mostly sim battles with various outcomes.

I will say that stamina is a big issue and the cpu can be cheap on higher difficulties, but it doesn't really take away the fun of the game for me. I will not say the game is better than UFC 3, but this game does have potential... especially if you have all the controls down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2014, 12:56 PM   #12
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6
I think there are more positives with this game than negatives. If/when tuners are released to help with the cpu stamina and the quick standups in the ground game, the game will be even better. I think EA did a pretty good job with a their first iteration on a next gen console. I'm having fun and that's the most important thing.

I hope on the next UFC game they will introduce sliders.
Sliders for me are the most important thing for a sports game. Everyone plays differently sliders really allow you to adjust what seems realistic.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:24 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Being that is game isn't coming out annually & we have to wait 2 years for the next one, it's hard to get excited about the future smh. Why does it seem like it's always wait til next year with EA Sports titles? I mean that's all we hear every year. I was really hyped for this game & I was hoping EA would nail it but instead this game disappoints on so many levels. I guess if you're a casual arcadish button masher then I could see how it could be fun. Unfortunately the game is not for me. I look for simulation in a UFC title. If I want an arcade fighter I'll play WWE lol. I don't understand why it's so hard for EA to implement both an arcade mode & a simulation mode? Instead they try to mesh both together which does nothing but alienate both types of gamers smh. And by the way how are there no gameplay sliders? So even if you wanted to try to adjust the gameplay to make it feel more sim you're out of luck. Some really questionable decisions by EA for this game.
Its this team's first ever mma game. Its different when people say to wait til next year for games like Madden that the same team has been making for years. This is the first installment, and you never should have expected it to be perfect. It is a great base, and with a few added moves, deleted moves, some new game modes, this could be one of the best series on current gen. And with the every other year thing, theyve already said they plan on adding a lot of free roster updates and game patches. I cant wait for those and the future of this series.
Old 06-26-2014, 02:24 PM   #14
Rookie

Groove74's Arena

OVR: 1
Angry Re: OS Roundtable: EA Sports UFC Impressions

So I Traded off Watch Dogs to get my copy of UFC, Big mistake there!

So I get home with UFC like many I was excited for the new UFC game. So I build my fighter I was happy to find the game looks amazing. This is where my joy ends. So I will admit I found the Career fights where fun although very repetitive. No real goal here as all the fight styles end up the same based off the numbers as every fighter build starts with the same numbers and end at all 100.

So I think ok so they are the same I can deal with that, I fight on, started as a 18 year old kid, fought till I was 30, hoping that as my fighter aged I would see stat degrading, NOPE still 100 across the board now 31 years old I have the Middleweight title I am at the top of my game, and BAM random video and Forced retire. WOW what a Letdown.

in short:

Pros:

great Graphics
Fun Fights
Strong Roster
Bruce Lee

Cons:

Shallow Career mode repetitive and lacks depth
Online play very laggy
Weak fighter Creator
Game lacks overall depth

Replay value: