Home

Accelerated clock yay or nay?

This is a discussion on Accelerated clock yay or nay? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2014, 03:14 PM   #9
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Accelerated clock yay or nay?

what is more sim?

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned
Old 06-22-2014, 03:17 PM   #10
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
what is more sim?
LOL. Not directed at you but I hate that question. Sim is relative to the person playing it.

If you like more realistic stamina and dont mind the high punch stats and difficulty to get decisions on 5 round fights....normal clock is the way.

If you dont mind the stamina being a little off and want realistic (as realistic as u can get in this game) punch totals and more fights going to decision...use acc. clock.
Old 06-22-2014, 03:20 PM   #11
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
LOL. Not directed at you but I hate that question. Sim is relative to the person playing it.

If you like more realistic stamina and dont mind the high punch stats and difficulty to get decisions on 5 round fights....normal clock is the way.

If you dont mind the stamina being a little off and want realistic (as realistic as u can get in this game) punch totals and more fights going to decision...use acc. clock.
it is on adholbert i took it serously lmfao i see u in the octagon and im streaming it lol

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2014, 05:43 PM   #12
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

I go with accel clock myself. Even with it on, it took me over an hour to run through my first fight card and I only had 2 decisions and 3 KO's.

Gotta say though, I loved the women's fight. It was a battle and super-fun. Didn't think I would enjoy it very much, but it was a war. It had everything - stand-up, ground game, clinch work. Great fight.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:15 PM   #13
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I haven't really fought enough to have an educated opinion on it yet, but I've been playing with the clock on Normal for three round fights and accelerated for five round fights. I'm getting decent enough results so far.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 06-23-2014, 12:11 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf16
I go with accel clock myself. Even with it on, it took me over an hour to run through my first fight card and I only had 2 decisions and 3 KO's.

Gotta say though, I loved the women's fight. It was a battle and super-fun. Didn't think I would enjoy it very much, but it was a war. It had everything - stand-up, ground game, clinch work. Great fight.
care to share the results of that card buddy. i love reading that stuff and running my own offline league. i just posted my results for my first 5 shows and im gonna do 6 right now. main even is matt hughes vs frank trigg.
Old 06-23-2014, 02:44 AM   #15
Rookie

unBEARable's Arena

OVR: 0

Acc Clock due to the aggressiveness of theAI and the amount of strikes they throw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2014, 08:19 AM   #16
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedboy
care to share the results of that card buddy. i love reading that stuff and running my own offline league. i just posted my results for my first 5 shows and im gonna do 6 right now. main even is matt hughes vs frank trigg.
UFC 175: Weidman v Machida Winner Result Award
Main Event: 185 - [C] Chris Weidman v [1] Lyoto Machida Chris Weidman Weidman def. Machida via KO (Strikes) 3:19 into 2nd round KOTN
Headline Event: 135 - [C] Ronda Rousey v [2] Alexis Davis Alexis Davis Davis def. Rousey via KO (Knees)1:29 into 3rd round FOTN
Main Card: 185 - Francis Carmont v Costas Phillipou Francis Carmont Carmon def. Phillipou via UD (30-27, 29-28, 29-28) 5:00 into 3rd round
Main Card: 145 - Chan Sung Jung v Conor McGregor Chan Sung Jung Jung def. McGregor via UD (30-27, 29-28, 30-27) 5:00 into 3rd round
Main Card: 135 - Mike Easton v Brad Pickett Brad Pickett Pickett def. Easton via KO 2:06 into 3rd round

A couple of things about this card. First, with the limited CAF spots and the limited roster, it is very difficult to try and mirror the number of shows/fights that the UFC produces at the start of my universe. Typically, I will mirror the first handful of shows and let my results dictate matchups moving forward. Also, due to the limited roster, everyone is available in my universe. Only person I am not using is Bruce Lee. Age is not a factor in this world.

That being said, since we are limited this year, I am not creating any cards for Fight Night or UFC on Fox cards. They are all PPV cards and there is one a month. You can see the results from my first card above.

I have everything scheduled through UFC 181 right now. Some interesting matchups down the road include: Gegard Mousasi v Phil Davis, Robbie Lawler v Nick Diaz, Big Nog v Shogun, Royce Gracie v Mark Munoz, Johny Hendricks v Rory MacDonald and I am going to put on the Wandy v Sonnen fight. Also, GSP will make a return down the road and if things work out, Hendo is gonna get his shot at Jon Jones. I have created ELO rankings that help determine matchups and title shots.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »