Home

Are People Losing Interest Already?

This is a discussion on Are People Losing Interest Already? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2014, 06:39 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Are People Losing Interest Already?

For me, I'm taking a break to wait for the tuning patch.
I do agree that a lot of the fights play out the similarly. I think addressing the below issues should reduce this feeling

- I don't like how everyone has power takedowns when it should really be for top wrestlers. The move list view shows the correct thing but the settings on the fighter are not consistent.
- The L3 standup needs to be restricted to BJJ aces or at least should have a bigger block window for weaker ground guys. I know they were trying to make things easier for people who don't like the ground game. Right now anyone can standup from dominant positions and it really makes a patient progression of transitions a waste of time.
- Ditto for the sweep from full guard bottom to mount top.
- Really push back on UFC brass so that they don't suggest dumb things like giving Jon Jones ridiculous KO power.
- Finally I want to see long term stamina fixed. The fact that you can spam the technique and power strikes endlessly over three rounds is unacceptable.
- Weak block should be weakened some more.

Last edited by pdandy; 07-14-2014 at 06:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2014, 07:43 PM   #26
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
I've lost interest because I did about 50 online fights and things were happening that just shouldn't.

We need some way to deny takedowns and punish tired shots. In UFC3 you were in serious trouble if you were stuffed when you had low stamina.

We need more permanent stamina loss, and surely they can patch some kind of tournament or event mode in. If Gran Turismo can go from a shell of a game when it first came out to fully fleshed out 2 years later, then surely we can get an event mode.
Exactly. And you should have low stamina if you shoot 2-3 takedowns in a row and get stuffed. Guys would stop that crap real quick if they know a sub is coming. Or some shots on the ground.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:45 PM   #27
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

If stamina isnt addressed you cant nurf weak block. Spammers will ejaculate in their basements. ...
Old 07-14-2014, 07:48 PM   #28
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quitter shaming is something that would be interesting to add to a patch. Like have on a ticker at the bottom pop up and say xximasoreloserxx just disconnected during a match. Knowing you would be shamed like that would entice people to finish out fights especially when caught in a submission.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:56 PM   #29
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
Quitter shaming is something that would be interesting to add to a patch. Like have on a ticker at the bottom pop up and say xximasoreloserxx just disconnected during a match. Knowing you would be shamed like that would entice people to finish out fights especially when caught in a submission.
I agree. But least of my worries. The blind match making where you get a lw vs a ww is bizarre. At least in FNC you could see who he grabbed and adjust accordingly. Guys will always take high rated fighters in ranked anyway.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:58 PM   #30

OVR: 34

Me being at the beach for a week is probably why I'm not playing.

Although, before I left online was not working for me. Many are having this issue with other EA games at this time.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:27 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 18

As a casual UFC follower; I play majority of the game against the CPU/A.I. For this game to NOT get anymore stale the cpu/A.I. strategies must be patched ASAP.

Plus what some of our better spoken community members have noticed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2014, 01:42 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
The reason I'm not allowed to talk about the details is because all the patch changes are currently going through various stages of testing and approval.

If at some point along the way a problem is found that forces something to be removed, and I've promised some feature to people in a public forum, it makes the company look bad and it's very bad for me.

Bottom line is, although I know what work we did and what's being tested, there's still a chance (although very unlikely) that something could be found and the feature could be pulled.

Since I don't have the power to control that, I can't be the one making the announcement.

Once the patch is through testing, the company will announce in the way they best see fit, and I'll be able to give more details, answer questions, etc.

I'd love to talk about it now because I'm excited about it, but we have to wait.
To be excited about something is usually a good thing...

To be honest, I was about to trade this game in and get $60 at walmart since they are offering additional 50% on top of what the games trade in value was... But GameplayDevUFC, I will hang on to it hoping you guys deliver.

Thanks again for checking up on us 5-6 people that are always on here.

Last edited by Toma; 07-15-2014 at 01:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »