Home

Are People Losing Interest Already?

This is a discussion on Are People Losing Interest Already? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2014, 11:32 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Are People Losing Interest Already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
Ya tells me 29
I might have ended then, you can always call one of the walmarts that does trade in's and see if their still doing it.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:57 AM   #58
Rookie

mosdef328's Arena

OVR: 0

Just wanted to echo what others have already said in this thread.

1) Need more fighters at each weight class... I would say there should be at least 20 fighters in each weight class (not counting guys that fight at different weights) at games launch. The only class I would have a bit of trouble coming up with more then 20 fighters for would be the ladies division, but that is just because its new and I know I can name more then whats in the game now.

2) Event mode

3) More CAF slots would be really nice, I never make actual guys because it annoys me they don't look like the other characters and there names and stats are off. I do however, like making fake guys to expand the roster, gives the names some tomato cans to beat up

4) I know it has been said that the UFC controls this, but let us edit the roster... what sports game doesn't allow you to do this? Stats + equipment

5) I like the idea of a Universe mode, but only if it was done well

6) Expanded call name audio

7) I was really disappointed with the walk out music. I swear it was said somewhere that almost every fighter had their actual walkout music... well we all know that didn't happen. Please make that happen.

8) a lot of the game play issues that have already been addressed on this forum. One that I don't feel like I hear a lot though, is the ability to take the back. There are tons of UFC fighters who try to take the back whenever they can as a main part of their strategy. I believe the only way to do it in this game is if your opponent gives it to you while you are in full mount. This is ridiculous. When I have a player in the back clinch and I take them down I end up in side control???? really, I should be in back control... Should be way more ways to TAKE the back, not wait to have it given to em.

As you can see, I'm a big offline fantasy UFC universe guy. The lack of these features is why I got tired of this game after the first week, but you got my $60 so... guess I'll do way more research next time
Old 07-17-2014, 12:32 PM   #59
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

I regret buying this game. But I have only myself to blame. Should have known better after the demo. And I do compare this game to UFC 3. Considering that was the most recent MMA game why wouldnt I? I understand its a diff company but to not take good elements from a previous regime is stupid imo
Old 07-17-2014, 01:11 PM   #60
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
I regret buying this game. But I have only myself to blame. Should have known better after the demo. And I do compare this game to UFC 3. Considering that was the most recent MMA game why wouldnt I? I understand its a diff company but to not take good elements from a previous regime is stupid imo
It's not quite that simple. It's not like 2K who bought the WWE license vut also brough yukes the same developer with them. There is no source code to work from. Every idea you want in there had to be programmedbfrom scratch essentially. I am not one to normally pick up for EA, especially with my opinions on their football franchise, but it wasn't just a matter of putting everything from UFC 3 in there. They have to do that and get it all to work. Getting the core gameplay was the 1st priority. While it definitely needs some work, it's not 100% bad. I like the damage being tied to stamina, although stamina should be much more severely punished. And certain animations should be much slower or flat out impossible to perform when gassed. But enough bad, we all know the bad. The footwork and countering and striking (when guys arent throwing 62 consecutive spinkicks) are all great positives. And stuff that should be built on.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:28 PM   #61
Pro

OVR: 8

Personally this game has no type of offline experience at all. Sure the obvious disappointments are there like not having enough animations for each fighter to make each one look and feel unique. No offline modes at all....What makes things even worst is the fact that the community can not share designs with each other. The community stays active by sharing and building with each other. This game just does not have that feeling of being a community

This game was developed by the same guys who brought us the fight night series. So me being a huge fan of the fight night champion game expected the same type of fun for offline modes. Fun factors of that game (FNC) included a cool story with great AI opponent's to match up with. We also had a fun community of people who loved to share our created players with each other and also shared ideas of changes in statistics for each fighter. This game is pretty much cut and dry and feels empty

VC/2k sports fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2014, 02:58 PM   #62
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

I still play it on Xbox One but as of right now I'm messing around with my career mode because I'm not much of an online kinda guy. If I do play online it's against some of the people here.

Reed is comin' atcha!!

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 07-17-2014, 04:45 PM   #63
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
It's not quite that simple. It's not like 2K who bought the WWE license vut also brough yukes the same developer with them. There is no source code to work from. Every idea you want in there had to be programmedbfrom scratch essentially. I am not one to normally pick up for EA, especially with my opinions on their football franchise, but it wasn't just a matter of putting everything from UFC 3 in there. They have to do that and get it all to work. Getting the core gameplay was the 1st priority. While it definitely needs some work, it's not 100% bad. I like the damage being tied to stamina, although stamina should be much more severely punished. And certain animations should be much slower or flat out impossible to perform when gassed. But enough bad, we all know the bad. The footwork and countering and striking (when guys arent throwing 62 consecutive spinkicks) are all great positives. And stuff that should be built on.
I certainly wont pretend to know how games are made or coded. But I find it hard to believe THQ could have things in on an older system that EA doesn't. Things we discussed like standing subs and the sprawl position. On a new console with the time they had to work on this game I simply dont get it
Old 07-17-2014, 05:03 PM   #64
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

I don't get a chance to play guys from here on the xb1 version, add me I need some OSers, same as OS name.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »