Home

EA Sports UFC: Online Mode Review

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC: Online Mode Review within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2014, 11:02 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
EA Sports UFC: Online Mode Review

Now that the first patch for EA Sports UFC has been digested by the community for a good week, I thought it would be a proper time talk about how things are going in the MMA online space as imagined by EA. There is certainly a large pool of online fighters, with north of 200,000 users for both of the new consoles combined. The added “red belt” and Grand Prix tournament options have also added some extra depth for those wanting to go even further to show that they belong at the top of the heap.

Read More - EA Sports UFC: Online Mode Review
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2014, 12:03 PM   #2
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
I am gonna disagree slghtly with Werdum being too powerful. And takedowns being the reason. No takedown artist is too powerful in this game. Takedowns are pretty darn easy to stuff. If you don't go striking like a rabid monkey hopped up on speed it is anyway. Seriously. There have been numerous times someone shot on me with perfect timing on a hook, and if it was undisputed it would have been a perfectly timed instant takedown. And I still stuff it. The window for stuffing takedowns needs to be greatly reduced or even removed all together ig caught while throwing power strikes. Because If you are halfway decent ant reacting, you are gonna stuff every one unless you are throwing crazy long unrealistic combos, or you are just that slow eith your reactions.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:06 PM   #3
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
I am gonna disagree about faber kind too. His losses have come when he couldn't get the fight to the mat and he was out struck. But when he gets someone on the ground, it's not if they are going to be choked, it's when. Faber on the ground should be a monster. Faber standing up should be human.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:04 PM   #4
Just started!

OVR: 0
I have a couple problems with takedowns and spammers still. I can't say I'm dominant at any set fighting technique but i can mix it up and pull a decision out of a fight if i see my disadvantages early. My beef is with spammers, say Jon Jone the distance side body and head kick is annoying because of his length. Then when i see my opponent do 4-5 spinning side body kicks in a roll, you def should be able to take the person down esp if you side step the move and go for the takedown. I keep getting hit with the head butting into my opponents back animation. I would actually prefer the takedown if you caught throwing leg kicks or punches and you miss. They need a balancing act for that cause because every missed punch and kick shouldn't be a automatic takedown but a perfect stuff shouldn't happen as well.

On some other notes I've seen Souza and Overeem are really under used! Overeem chin is suspect but in HW if you get a clinch you can change the fight instantly no matter if its Cain or any of the top HW. I'm 8-0 with the deem in careers. Now the littler guys i struggle against pet tis and barao a lot but aldo isn't that hard to me or faber. Cub swanson pretty darn good to handle both of them.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:14 PM   #5
Staff Writer

Wiggy's Arena

OVR: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
I am gonna disagree slghtly with Werdum being too powerful. And takedowns being the reason. No takedown artist is too powerful in this game. Takedowns are pretty darn easy to stuff. If you don't go striking like a rabid monkey hopped up on speed it is anyway. Seriously. There have been numerous times someone shot on me with perfect timing on a hook, and if it was undisputed it would have been a perfectly timed instant takedown. And I still stuff it. The window for stuffing takedowns needs to be greatly reduced or even removed all together ig caught while throwing power strikes. Because If you are halfway decent ant reacting, you are gonna stuff every one unless you are throwing crazy long unrealistic combos, or you are just that slow eith your reactions.
I definitely get where you're coming from. Again, I've been able to handle the folks who use him quite reasonably. I guess what I'm getting at is that I just feel his ratings for striking and grappling don't really line up with the real guy, but they had to do that to get his overall where it should be.

I also feel that someone like Cormier should have more success getting up from the bottom when being held down by someone like Werdum, especially when Werdum has like 20% stamina and Cormier has 80%.

All of the counters and suggestions you've given are what I implement, too, but I still think the ratings need to be tweaked a bit.

As for Faber, I agree that he should be a demon on the ground, but sometimes the unintended consequence of doing that (like GSP) is that the fear of the takedown actually makes their striking "better" by you having to account for that. Also, his sub defense should not be 100.

Still, good points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2014, 02:16 PM   #6
Rookie

RonRac1's Arena

I just wish EA would let us fight with our created fighters, and l know we can us them in online rivals. But l want something like it was in Fight Night Champions where your online created fighter wasn't real good at first but as you kept fighting with him you gained skill points to upgrade him with, no matter if you won or lost. I miss that feature
Old 07-30-2014, 12:05 PM   #7
Banned

I primarily use Lyoto for MW/LHW, Pettis/Henderson/Diaz for LW, and Faber for smaller weight classes. Lyoto's leg kicks to the body are deadly. I've beaten two Jon Jones guys back to back the other day using that strategy.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:18 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: EA Sports UFC: Online Mode Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk5049ers
Lyoto's leg kicks to the body are deadly. I've beaten two Jon Jones guys back to back the other day using that strategy.
Not spamming body strikes I hope..

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »